Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] WildStar: Dig In & Explore Nexus, Cupcake

123457»

Comments

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    The fact that you say you maxed crafting in 2 weeks, along with having the max speed mount is BS.  I'm sorry, but that is simply not true.  You may have THOUGHT you had max, but there's no way you did.  And game breaking bugs?  Where?  What has been game breaking?  I'm still playing it and yes, there are bugs, but nowhere NEAR game breaking.  This MMO release has been pretty damn good by all reasonable comparisons.  Your anti-review is far more ridiculous than the review this thread is discussing.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Golarum

The reviewer clearly did not play the game!! 

So in 2 weeks, I was lvl 50, maxed crafting and harvesting, maxed settler, had highest speed ''mount'' which is ridiculously slow, had nothing to do in endgame other than grind the same dungeon/adventure and the same pvp battlegrounds over and over again.

the game has so many game breaking bugs it's crazy,

If you maxed everything in 2 weeks, it would only prove that no bugs you encountered broke the game, heck, they didn't even slow you down.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    Originally posted by Zorgo

So in 2 weeks, I was lvl 50, maxed crafting and harvesting, maxed settler, had highest speed ''mount'' which is ridiculously slow, had nothing to do in endgame other than grind the same dungeon/adventure and the same pvp battlegrounds over and over again.

If you maxed everything in 2 weeks, it would only prove that no bugs you encountered broke the game, heck, they didn't even slow you down.

This was exactly what we had in TESO, players racing to top level and complaining of game breaking bugs. While those of us who took a slower pace saw hardly any bugs at all. And likewise, these complaints came from veteran level players telling us the  bugs where 'game breaking' yet they had got to veteran levels within two weeks. :)

• GolarumGolarum Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    The fact that you say you maxed crafting in 2 weeks, along with having the max speed mount is BS.  I'm sorry, but that is simply not true.  You may have THOUGHT you had max, but there's no way you did.  And game breaking bugs?  Where?  What has been game breaking?  I'm still playing it and yes, there are bugs, but nowhere NEAR game breaking.  This MMO release has been pretty damn good by all reasonable comparisons.  Your anti-review is far more ridiculous than the review this thread is discussing.

Are you playing the same game? Crafting can be maxed in a couple of hours if you harvest the mats while questing. I did not level by grinding battlegrounds, so I had a lot of time to harvest mats. Having the max speed mount at 80p is a cake in the park if you grind plat in expert adventures and get gold results. The day I got 50, just by questing, selling mats I didn't need and selling weapons I made, I was sitting on 40p, the rest took me a day to get.

As for game breaking bugs, a full weekend of disconnects, which I was not the only one to experience, you can check Wildstar forums, I played a stalker, I had a snare that didn't snare, neutralize which was the main attack cost 105 power instead of 15 most of the time and we have 100 power max, a self healed that didn't heal, the first one was fixed in the first week, the other two were fixed a month after, which is not normal, you focus on classes before all the stupid irrelevant fixes they were releasing. I am not going to enumerate all the massive bugs in the game or else I wouldn't finish today.

I say it how it is, you guys are either fanboys or oblivious to what's happening in the game, the game might have potential in the long run, when they would have fixed the bugs, added real content, made the game more challenging (instances were very challenging, I admit to that), and if the game survives, I will try it out. But for now, this game is just not good!

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

2014, I really cant take this review serious. Maybe the standards for am MMO are just that low but this game is bladn and boring as the day is long. The only thing it has going forit imho was the action combat which I beleive really covers up just how medicore of a product this really is.

I play this game I see world of warcraft with a space theme and action combat. Bad graphics, same old tired questing , incredibly dull and boring loot, mypopic character development, monstrously tedious gating for end game content. This product is seriously beyond dated and honestly really just not that fun or rewarding to play.

I guess i been playing mmo's for a while now and it is pretty sad that a top release for 2014 is tera combat laid over the ancient world of warcraft game clone. Game really does nothing terribly wrong (beyond huge tedious gating of endgame and very little end game and some very stupid mechanics that induce people to quit adventures rather than try to complete them because they wont hit silver ratings), but it really does nothing great.

solid 70% in my book, works well, but bland, boring, simply, stale rehash of mmos done for the last 15 years, yawn.

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

Originally posted by Zorgo

Uhm wrong the game breaking bugs are when you reach level 50, tonnes of end game content simply didn't/doesnt work. That said the level 1-50 content seemed smooth and worked, just bland boring, repetitive yawn .

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Sadly the game never caught my full interest considering im a pvp player to the heart, and thats where the content is beyond lacking in progress and 4-5 month old bugs  still not fixed etc.

Just beyond me why anyone would play wildstar for the pvp

• baddog66baddog66 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    wildstar made me physically tired for some reason. Found it difficult to enjoy the game the way the combat system worked. I'm not a professional gamer  so I can't put my finger on  it. I just found myself  logging in an hour ess every session until i just  stopped at level 18.

GRIND DOES NOT EQUAL MAKING A GAME CHALLENGING!! YES I AM YELLING LOL

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I love Wildstar. It is the MMO I have been waiting for. It is challenging, humorous and offers plenty of different things to do, while still fitting in to the MMO themepark genre. The housing options are amazing and I have already spent hours and hours customizing my plot of land. I love MMO classes that shoot guns, so I am currently playing a Spellslinger but will also level an Engineer and Medic (although the Medic technically has "paddles"). I love the Aurin and Mordesh races and the Costuming is great. Yes, like all MMOs it can get a bit grindy, but Wildstar manages to mix it up more than any other MMO I have played. I see myself playing this game for a LONG time, especially with new content coming out every 6 weeks or so.
  • kachungb00kachungb00 Member Posts: 11

Best MMORPG I played since a helluva long time already!

This is a breath of fresh air from all the WoW wannabe clone MMOs. Take the good elements (good pacing/impact of combat), dropping the bad (slogging grinds), and innovating with new but non-alienating ideas (the setting, the races, the class system).

• sophiebr23sophiebr23 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by discord235

I love Wildstar. It is the MMO I have been waiting for. It is challenging, humorous and offers plenty of different things to do, while still fitting in to the MMO themepark genre. The housing options are amazing and I have already spent hours and hours customizing my plot of land. I love MMO classes that shoot guns, so I am currently playing a Spellslinger but will also level an Engineer and Medic (although the Medic technically has "paddles"). I love the Aurin and Mordesh races and the Costuming is great. Yes, like all MMOs it can get a bit grindy, but Wildstar manages to mix it up more than any other MMO I have played. I see myself playing this game for a LONG time, especially with new content coming out every 6 weeks or so.

Now I really want to play. huhu. What's a good class to choose? Is warrior ok?

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

nice score.

but i wonder if you managed to take into account how their pvp system is incomplete. how the score may had changed.

i wish carbine all the best. its a fun game. but cant say the same about their pvp side.

• HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

I was in the beta, and I wanted to get into this game, but just couldn't.  It did nothing for me.  Something about the game-play just turned me off.  Too much been-there-done-that crap.  Still waiting for a AAA open world MMO.  Everything out now is just more of the same MMO formula with with minor changes, different graphics, etc.  Lame.

Don't get me started on the Asian grinders.  Wow, 30 games that are almost exactly the same, yet they keep pumping them out, on after the other.  Wow, look!  Another game with the same exact 4-6 classes with the same stupid anime-like graphics.   Jeez, have a bit of creativity....

How hard is it to make a game like UO with today's graphics?

• Shylope2014Shylope2014 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Wildstar sucked. I lasted 2 weeks and that was only because I was looking for a new MMO. Just everything about it screams BORING! Wildstar should be free to play within a month. Word of mouth spreads. Told all my friends not to even think about trying it, just a waste of money. 
  • Shylope2014Shylope2014 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Another bad thing is the gear and looks.  In many games you stop and say ohh that new weapon I got looks pretty cool. I think I randomly saw my gear a few times because I usually have the camera far away but when I did I was like. Uh, lame! Hey I got a new sword! Oh it looks just like my last one but it's green then red then maybe a blue but same ugly weapon. In my opinion Rift is way better then wildstar and it's years old. Great gfx, fun pvp, raids, crafting, free to play and not pay to win. Great for hard core gamers or casual like me. I might not play for 5 days then jump in and have a great time.
  • PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

I am getting so bored of these 'reviews'. There is no objectivity whatsoever, the reviewer clearly saw flashing text and timers and acted like some rabbit in headlights.  

The player reaction to the game makes it abundantly clear the review is absurd.   

Since this there have been further articles that would have 'Advertisement' written across them if they appeared in a British newspaper.  

Please, get some objectivity, explore alternate opinions, or do not write pointless articles.  

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I think the game was great and I only left because of the action combat. If you do not like it does not mean the review is wrong or any such thing. He wrote a review which you do not agree with is all. That does not make is dishonest.
    Chamber of Chains
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I think the game was great and I only left because of the action combat. If you do not like it does not mean the review is wrong or any such thing. He wrote a review which you do not agree with is all. That does not make is dishonest.

Reviews can't be 'wrong' per se, but they can lack objectivity,  

• GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by PioneerStew

You can't have a purely objective review of a video game, as they are creative works - it's not like testing a graphics card or CPU. In some respects it's closer to a car - you write about how it performs, but you focus on the experience it delivers and the features that work together to create that experience. That's difficult if not impossible to do objectively, as experiences (and how they are perceived by the individual) will differ. Then again, perhaps Objective Game Reviews is what you're after.

Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
    Originally posted by Gazimoff
    Originally posted by PioneerStew

You can't have a purely objective review of a video game, as they are creative works - it's not like testing a graphics card or CPU. In some respects it's closer to a car - you write about how it performs, but you focus on the experience it delivers and the features that work together to create that experience. That's difficult if not impossible to do objectively, as experiences (and how they are perceived by the individual) will differ. Then again, perhaps Objective Game Reviews is what you're after.

No, you can enjoy driving a car, but if the suspension is too hard for day-to-day driving and it has no a/c you put it in your review.