Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date incoming????

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

What does it mean? What does it mean? Double Rainbow all the way!!!! Could David be hinting at a release date being anounced at SoE live????

Click HERE

Comments

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    We don't even have a solid release date for Landmark yet.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• ryvendarkryvendark Member Posts: 141
    Well it's not going to be in the next few months so, it might as well be a date picked at random.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Tyggs

David said. We have some good surprises... you will not be saying "When will you be building EQN" after SoE live. Sounds like we getting a release date for EQN, and who knows maybe Landmark.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

David said. We have some good suprizes... you will not be saying "When will you be building EQN" after SoE live. Sounds like we getting a release date for EQN, and who knows maybe Landmark.

I don't know, sounds more like "We'll be showing you all the work we've done on EQN since last year" more than anything else.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

David said. We have some good suprizes... you will not be saying "When will you be building EQN" after SoE live. Sounds like we getting a release date for EQN, and who knows maybe Landmark.

I don't know, sounds more like "We'll be showing you all the work we've done on EQN since last year" more than anything else.

I think it's about Storybricks because they too have a big news.

No Bill, dont break my heart and dreams. Its a small hope but it lives!!!!! I will not waver =-P

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

I was thinking the same thing as Bill.  When I heard Dave say that, I was thinking he was specifically pointing to the fact that they have accomplished a huge amount of work on EQN and that after SOE Live players will have had the chance to see a lot of actual game play and features that they only got to talk about last year.

This actually excites me more than a release date, personally.  There are so many kids here on these forums who have been kicking and screaming that SOE can't possibly deliver the features they've been talking about.  Things like horizontal progression and emergent AI.  It would go a long way to winning people over and get them excited for EQN if they can show these kinds of features in action at SOE live this year.

But with that said, it means they have indeed got a lot of the things they talked about working to the point where they're proud to show it off.  Which means a possible release date could be announced as well.

A closed alpha/beta announcement at the very least is certainly probable at this point.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264

No Bill, dont break my heart and dreams. Its a small hope but it lives!!!!! I will not waver =-P

I hate to say it, but you are probably going to have your heart and dreams crushed, drowned, mutilated, disemboweled, hung, burned at the stake, and then whatever remains will put on a pike on London Bridge for all to see because knowing SOE, Bill is correct.

Originally posted by Gallus85

I was thinking the same thing as Bill.  When I heard Dave say that, I was thinking he was specifically pointing to the fact that they have accomplished a huge amount of work on EQN and that after SOE Live players will have had the chance to see a lot of actual game play and features that they only got to talk about last year.

This actually excites me more than a release date, personally.  There are so many kids here on these forums who have been kicking and screaming that SOE can't possibly deliver the features they've been talking about.  Things like horizontal progression and emergent AI.  It would go a long way to winning people over and get them excited for EQN if they can show these kinds of features in action at SOE live this year.

But with that said, it means they have indeed got a lot of the things they talked about working to the point where they're proud to show it off.  Which means a possible release date could be announced as well.

A closed alpha/beta announcement at the very least is certainly probable at this point.

I also hope this goes hand in hand but you are right. I really hope they have lots to show off, does not even need to be allot, just some stuff that shows they have the right to the Next in the game title. I really wonder if Storybricks big news is hand in hand with EQN big news, or part of it any ways. 

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Bannuk

I hate to say it, but you are probably going to have your heart and dreams crushed, drowned, mutilated, disemboweled, hung, burned at the stake, and then whatever remains will put on a pike on London Bridge for all to see because knowing SOE, Bill is correct.

SOE have always said that players will use Landmark to build stuffs for EQN. For me "building EQN" sounds very much like they are talking about Landmark. Check also the sign behind their back. Landmark! However I really hope I am wrong as I think Landmark is not as fun as I hoped after trying it out and it's EQN I am looking forward to. I hope they don't burn that ship as they did with EQ2 for many EQ players. Sadly I don't think they will succeed to create an epic MMO again. :(

Originally posted by Elmberry

SOE have always said that players will use Landmark to build stuffs for EQN. For me "building EQN" sounds very much like they are talking about Landmark. Check also the sign behind their back. Landmark! However I really hope I am wrong as I think Landmark is not as fun as I hoped after trying it out and it's EQN I am looking forward to. I hope they don't burn that ship as they did with EQ2 for many EQ players. Sadly I don't think they will succeed to create an epic MMO again. At least not for me. But I hope they do this time around.

You would be surprised how often they talk about EQN in a Landmark feed. If you back up you will see they are clearly talking about EQN and Landmark @ SoE Live. (((shrugs)))

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Elmberry

SOE have always said that players will use Landmark to build stuffs for EQN. For me "building EQN" sounds very much like they are talking about Landmark. Check also the sign behind their back. Landmark! However I really hope I am wrong as I think Landmark is not as fun as I hoped after trying it out and it's EQN I am looking forward to. I hope they don't burn that ship as they did with EQ2 for many EQ players. Sadly I don't think they will succeed to create an epic MMO again. At least not for me. But I hope they do this time around.

You would be surprised how often they talk about EQN in a Landmark feed. If you back up you will see they are clearly talking about EQN and Landmark @ SoE Live. (((shrugs)))

Yes, I heard they also talked about EQN, but I guess we will see in august what he meant. The release date for EQL or when the beta will start for EQN.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

My guess is more along the lines of Bill's thoughts. Seems highly unlikely we'll be getting a "release" date for EQN unless they have made huge progress. Considering they are still fleshing out stuff for the first race (at least it appears that way) I doubt the game is that far along. Most likely showing off multiple systems actually working and not just a tech demo like last year. I've seen several say that EQN will never happen, will be nice to show them the door.

Actually wouldn't want a release date at this point. Means players would have less input then it initially seemed we would have. Give me some combat, AI, couple more classes/races, and I'll be happy for a few days at least =)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I think we will just to see everything they have been working on behind closed doors.. but nothing more than that.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

What does it mean? What does it mean? Double Rainbow all the way!!!! Could David be hinting at a release date being anounced at SoE live????

Click HERE

what the means to me is soe may announce public alpha

for sometime around Dec 2014/Jan 2015  -- which i've been expecting anyhow

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Show me that emergent AI. That's all I care about.

Building, horizontal progression, destructible terrain. Cool features but still have that been there, done that feel.

That emergent AI though. Just imagining a player-like challenge without all the theatrics. Makes me nerdgasm.
    Originally posted by Ludwik

Building, horizontal progression, destructible terrain. Cool features but still have that been there, done that feel.

That emergent AI though. Just imagining a player-like challenge without all the theatrics. Makes me nerdgasm.

Ya, seeing real playable AI in a MMO would be awesome. There are so many things I would like to see, really see, at SoE live. Im excited the have a panel on Combat, so that alone can cover so many things people want to see in this thread.

You are confused about what the emergent ai system is.  It is an exciting feature for sure but it has nearly nothing to do with combat difficulty.  It's more of an alternative to spawning/camps/pathing behavior,in an attempt to make the world feel more realistic and alive while giving players a way that adds real in game effects to their actions or inactions

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

You are confused about what the emergent ai system is.  It is an exciting feature for sure but it has nearly nothing to do with combat difficulty.  It's more of an alternative to spawning/camps/pathing behavior,in an attempt to make the world feel more realistic and alive while giving players a way that adds real in game effects to their actions or inactions

We dont know yet, it could. Up till now its about how we interact with the world but the tools could also be used for combat. How the NPC interact with the classes they have when they fight players. Or on the other side how they fight player X,Y,Z classes. If fighting melee players, use CC and ranged abilities could be a rule. 

We dont know yet, it could. Up till now its about how we interact with the world but the tools could also be used for combat. How the NPC interact with the classes they have when they fight players. Or on the other side how they fight player X,Y,Z classes. If fighting melee players, use CC and ranged abilities could be a rule. 

They could program that sort of functionality into their combat AI system, however that's not "Emergent AI".  The Emergent AI system is specifically talking about how monsters spawn, roam and act in the world based on player choices or inactions.

So we don't know what their combat AI will be like, I am correct when I say that's not what "emergent AI" means.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

i had HUGE hopes for eqn..i hold every idea and expectation by SOE with a grain of salt..been burned soo many times and backstabed on hopes and changes..IMO eqn is either super vaporware for a couple of more years or they will release something soo off the hip and totally not as appealing as they are promising with the EQ title ..its what soe does over n over again and im sure they are seeing the flux of people wanting to drop big money on alphas / beta's seeing $$ signs..wont be surprised that they release a alpha for a year with a price tag and wont be released for a year after that

not believing in the hype iv been burnt too many times i'll belive it when i see it..not even alpha nor beta

They could program that sort of functionality into their combat AI system, however that's not "Emergent AI".  The Emergent AI system is specifically talking about how monsters spawn, roam and act in the world based on player choices or inactions.

So we don't know what their combat AI will be like, I am correct when I say that's not what "emergent AI" means.

http://eqn.junkiesnation.com/2013/09/10/storybricks-and-soe-answer-some-questions/

This and some other interviews/comments gave me the impression that Storybricks and the "emergent" AI will play into actual combat itself. Emergent is just a buzzworld, overall I'm assuming in/out of combat the NPCs will react more natural as they've said. With this, combat should have more room for challenge/difficulty instead of the usual meat sack to beat on with a special attack here and there.

Originally posted by BurntCabbage

i had HUGE hopes for eqn..i hold every idea and expectation by SOE with a grain of salt..been burned soo many times and backstabed on hopes and changes..IMO eqn is either super vaporware for a couple of more years or they will release something soo off the hip and totally not as appealing as they are promising with the EQ title ..its what soe does over n over again and im sure they are seeing the flux of people wanting to drop big money on alphas / beta's seeing $$ signs..wont be surprised that they release a alpha for a year with a price tag and wont be released for a year after that

not believing in the hype iv been burnt too many times i'll belive it when i see it..not even alpha nor beta

Well after SOE Live next month, I'm assuming your vaporware theory will be tossed out the window. The idea they are trying to milk alpha/betas for profit is pretty amusing, $20 from a small crowd vs potentially hundred of thousands to millions of players spending a little here and there all the time isn't even a contest. This is why they are going F2P, it makes so much money. the EA price is simply to keep the numbers down initially and not have an overloaded unfinished game with trolls that aren't willing to spend $20 or more just to screw with people. You are right not to believe the hype though, but that applies to pretty much anything in the works, especially games.

Originally posted by Allein

http://eqn.junkiesnation.com/2013/09/10/storybricks-and-soe-answer-some-questions/

This and some other interviews/comments gave me the impression that Storybricks and the "emergent" AI will play into actual combat itself. Emergent is just a buzzworld, overall I'm assuming in/out of combat the NPCs will react more natural as they've said. With this, combat should have more room for challenge/difficulty instead of the usual meat sack to beat on with a special attack here and there.

Quote from that link...

Will mobs make tactical errors based on things like emotion, or pressure?

Terry Michaels: There are a lot of factors that can go into the decision making of the creatures in the world. We do not believe that a syststrong that always makes the perfect decision is either fun or engaging to players.

Storybricks: We want the combat AI to be responsive to opportunities, exploit player mistakes, take advantage of newly created terrain, etc. Creatures are capable of gauging the “utility” of each of their activities in real time, how desirable each given action is. This means that a lot of factors can be taken into account in these calculations, emotions and pressure are just two possible examples of things they could consider.

Sounds very much like the Storybricks AI also crosses over to combat. 

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    My guess is that EQ Next is currently delayed in favor of H1Z1. It feels like SOE is currently releasing more info about H1Z1 even though EQ Next has been in development way longer.