Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Gloria Victis: Jog Grochowski Talks Crafting & the Medieval Sandbox

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gloria Victis is setting out to carve a niche in the online gaming world with its innovative systems including a medieval setting and a true sandbox crafting experience. We caught up to Gloria Victis's Jog Grochowski to talk about the game, those aspects and much more.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Gloria Victis: Jog Grochowski Talks Crafting & the Medieval Sandbox.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Sounds quite good actually, definitely going to check this out.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Been following this for a while, I'm excited to try it out when it goes live :)

Smile

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    It is possible to play the game now, if you back up with atleast 10$ on their site. For now, I think that the game is in a very unplayable state, but honestly don't know, because there is not a single gameplay video on YouTube. That being said, have anyone played the game yet?
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Seems like it might be a good game if they pull it off.

I do wish people would stop using this pre-alpha mumbo jumbo. This is alpha lol. I've played actual alphas that were much MUCH less developed than this game.

Heck, Landmark doesn't even have combat or mobs yet and they're calling it beta already!

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I'm very excited for this game and following it with great interest, but if I'm being honest there is still MUCH left to be done in its current state of development. Not even close to alpha in my opinion.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    [mod edit]

1) if you pay through xsolla you go to them for a refund, nice try though;

2) the game is in alpha, promotional images show probably the look of the full game launch game, high effects and beautiful models cause issues in early builds, during closed beta you should expect to see that level of graphical quality as right now looking pretty is not a priority.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by superconducting

I'm very excited for this game and following it with great interest, but if I'm being honest there is still MUCH left to be done in its current state of development. Not even close to alpha in my opinion.

this x 10, its really early stages

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I agree... Sadly this seems to be the curse of these indy sandboxes...

Equally sad is that a highly anticipated kickstarter sandbox is pretty much the same state...

They are borderline tech demos

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Recon0303Recon0303 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Kanyl
    It is possible to play the game now, if you back up with atleast 10$ on their site. For now, I think that the game is in a very unplayable state, but honestly don't know, because there is not a single gameplay video on YouTube. That being said, have anyone played the game yet?

WHy make the statement saying the game is unplayable and then say you don't know?? I don't want to sound rude, but these devs actually care about the game.

I know this will sound like that I'm fanboy, but I'm not... I just dislike when people spread BS on these forums... 

For the record, I been testing the game for months, and had no problems playing, was there bugs, yes it is beta, was the game playable?? Yes... totally..

• Recon0303Recon0303 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Wighty

Equally sad is that a highly anticipated kickstarter sandbox is pretty much the same state...

Curse??? Have you ever made a game before?? Making a game with a small team is a huge undertaking, I know as I worked on AAA games and indies games..

So to make a rude comment like that, is unforgiving...coming from someone who has never made a game before..  Most of the time, most devs do not let there player base in this early... I know I wouldn't because most gamers today have no idea what development is... If I showed you games during development that had no graphics, you would have a heart attack... So again, these devs are nice enough to let the players have a say and let them in full time.. They did not have to......  No wonder people are making less and less MMO's for you to enjoy, to much complaining these days.. 

I would make an awesome game and charge people what its worth, 200 bucks for a box, 60 bucks is not worth all the work they do...  People want an awesome game and for cheap or nothing..   They are giving this for free even, and yet people complain.. I see why more gamers turned  Devs are doing to Iphone and Android , less complaining.!!!

• muyunmuyun Member Posts: 1
    cool
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Not cool......  
  • KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Recon0303
    Originally posted by Kanyl

WHy make the statement saying the game is unplayable and then say you don't know?? I don't want to sound rude, but these devs actually care about the game.

I know this will sound like that I'm fanboy, but I'm not... I just dislike when people spread BS on these forums... 

For the record, I been testing the game for months, and had no problems playing, was there bugs, yes it is beta, was the game playable?? Yes... totally..

I am not spreading any BS here. What I said was, that I "think" it is unplayable, but not that it is. That is also why I ask a questions in the end, to see if anyone can confirm what I "think", is right or not. My thoughts were based on old comments that I have seen before about this game and also that a huge amount of games that are in pre-alpha, are often in an "unplayable" state. Sorry that you took my post in a negative way, because that was not my intetion....

But after reading some comments here now, I have decided to back them up. It seems like this company really care about their product and that is really worth some bucks. I know how hard it must be to make an indie mmorpg, because I am studying game development myself and I know how brutally hard it is to make good games, especially if it is a mmorpg!

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

I donated for the pre alpha last year, game is headed in the right direction and the development team is very active within forums and updating the game.

It is still in pre-alpha so do not expect much, but having been there since its first pre-alpha launch and having logged into the game the other day...its a massive change...still not worth diving head first into because it is still under construction but you can see the leaps and bounds of changes they have implemented.

Once this game gets some polish on it, might turn out to be one of the top sandbox pvp games out there.

But again, its not in an enjoyable state at the moment, if you liek the direction or ideas then donate and login here and there to see what happening.  I am guessing this game might release q2/3 next year.

• thormondthormond Member UncommonPosts: 7

Jog Grochowski xD

he's John btw

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Recon0303
    Originally posted by Wighty

Curse??? Have you ever made a game before?? Making a game with a small team is a huge undertaking, I know as I worked on AAA games and indies games..

So to make a rude comment like that, is unforgiving...coming from someone who has never made a game before..  Most of the time, most devs do not let there player base in this early... I know I wouldn't because most gamers today have no idea what development is... If I showed you games during development that had no graphics, you would have a heart attack... So again, these devs are nice enough to let the players have a say and let them in full time.. They did not have to......  No wonder people are making less and less MMO's for you to enjoy, to much complaining these days.. 

I would make an awesome game and charge people what its worth, 200 bucks for a box, 60 bucks is not worth all the work they do...  People want an awesome game and for cheap or nothing..   They are giving this for free even, and yet people complain.. I see why more gamers turned  Devs are doing to Iphone and Android , less complaining.!!!

Whoa there partner... calm your nipples a minute I was not saying this to be rude... more like a "figure of speech" I strongly support these indy games and have contributed to many of the projects. I realize it is a massive undertaking which is why I stated as such. The "curse" being that many of the sandboxes are vastly overwhelming projects that end up sitting in development for long periods of time when people are lined up to play... It's like waiting in line to spend money. 

I have donated hundreds to various indy projects and will continue to do so because I'd rather see the money go to those who are passionate about creating great games and not just another rubber stamp themepark. Maybe I am a bit selfish oor overly passionate in that I was hoping some of the projects were further along... At this point all I can do is throw more money at the projects I feel have the greatest potential and offer feedback (to the devs) in a constructive way based on some of the issues I have encountered relative to my experience.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    [mod edit] 

This is all true. I consider it pre-alpha and it should not be for sale. 

At the same time., I can see the dim outline of a gritty cool game. That may be my own mind filling in the gaps though. Maybe sometime in the far future after they rebuild the whole thing with more funds and better tech, it will be a cool game. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    This game has great potential. One of the only future titles on my radar at the moment. The total lack of wizards and elves is very appealing to me.