Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvE Endgame for a Non-Raider

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Which MMO has the most for a player to do at endgame, PvE-wise, for a non-raider??

Thanks!

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Diablo 3. Not a MMO per se, but close enough.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Check out Guild Wars 2 I guess. 

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Are you including things like pet/mount breeding, plant growing, or minigame play as PvE endgame?
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    What game has pet breeding in it?

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

+1

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Rift is pretty solid as well

• U-TurnU-Turn Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Guild Wars 2
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by hyllstarter

The only thing close i can think of is mortal online, if they have it still. 

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Star Trek Online. Foundry missions are player created content which are always being made, so there's no end to that.  And you can breed tribbles, never tried it myself.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    That's hard because there really isn't any PvE in end-game in most games.  I don't raid.  I don't PvP.  I don't want to play mini-games.  Actually, I don't want end-game at all, I just want to continue leveling.  That kind of thing is really hard to find.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Originally posted by hyllstarter

Well...  Dofus has, or used to have, dragoturkey breeding.  Those are mounts, not quite pets.  It's not terribly fun though, kinda grindy.  Mabinogi I haven't played but people keep telling me it has a lot of pet-related game play.  MixMaster, Eudemons Online, and Wizard 101 all have or had some kind of pet merging system.  Me, I tend to play things like Flight Rising which aren't quite MMOs but are all about pet breeding.  There are lots of virtual pet sites, though many of them don't last very long because they're amateur creations.  If you want to know about single player pet breeding games too, PM me since it's off topic for this subforum.

I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Cephus404
    That's hard because there really isn't any PvE in end-game in most games.  I don't raid.  I don't PvP.  I don't want to play mini-games.  Actually, I don't want end-game at all, I just want to continue leveling.  That kind of thing is really hard to find.

Define levels please. Since you want to play a MMO that doesn't end with levels. But what are levels to you?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Define levels please. Since you want to play a MMO that doesn't end with levels. But what are levels to you?

A measure of progression.  Sure, you can do a skill-based MMO that effectively never ends, like EvE, but you need to be continually improving and changing so that it feels like you're actually going somewhere.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

TSW sounds like it would be perfect for you.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    EVE. Endless skill progression, deep and vital crafting and market economy, level 5 mission running, incursions, exploration, high end complexes, mining, worm holes, scamming other players to name some of the content.

Sure, the PVP is intertwined with it, but pure PVE players do just fine in EVE.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I would like to know this as well. I don't want to raid which means I usually don't have anything to do at max level in most MMOs.  Raid schedules and 3-4 hour runs are not something which I can nor want to do.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I'd recommend Rift right now. You can craft, make money on the AH, run dungeons of various tiers, go after achievements, do bounty or artifact hunting, roll alts, close rifts and build dimensions. Just to name a few.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

+1

Just to elaborate .. you run 4 man either set or random dungeons, in group or solo. So it is definitely a "main" MMO type combat activity, and you don't have to craft, mine, and all sort of stuff unrelated to dungeoning.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

Best for non raiders....

EVE, EQ1 (AAs give a whole different way to progress), FFXIV (So many other things to do), Rift, TSW, and DCUO. 

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Octagon7711

Star Trek Online. Foundry missions are player created content which are always being made, so there's no end to that.  And you can breed tribbles, never tried it myself.

+1. Awesome Foundry missions, DOff system, lots of events, frequent new Seasons. I wouldn't call Tribble breeding or the cosmetic pet breeding (birds, epohhs, etc) an endgame stuff, but that's there too.

Tribble breeding is fun, but not too deep, within 1-2 weeks you can get every type of Tribbles, especially if you have alts. Of course there are a continuous flow of new Tribbles into the game, there are event-only Tribbles, give-away Tribbles, etc. But still, it's not a deep system, just some fun to do on the side. And they give nice buffs.

On the other hand, I play the Foundry and the DOff system since years. Never cared about fleet grind, reputation grind, STFs, any of those "typical mmo endgame" grind BSs... but Foundry and DOff-ing is more than enough endgame for me in STO :)

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean

Which MMO has the most for a player to do at endgame, PvE-wise, for a non-raider??

Thanks!

TERA. It has 1, 3, 5 (HM and NM), 7, 10 (NM and HM), and 20-man PvE content at endgame. The 20 man stuff is not current gear levels anymore but the rest is. Even the 10 man raids you can do casually. Although you may be happy to know that the hardest fights is a 5 man HM (and in TERA's previous patch an older 5 man HM was the most challenging fight, even though that patch had 10 and 20 man raids). TERA's raids are fun and challenging, but don't require the kind of commitment that a WoW type game has. It also has daily reputation quests, daily alliance system quests (for the faction PvP but the quests are PvE), the Nexus system which is like rift events, a good crafting system that is incredibly important for endgame gearing, a fun fashion costume system that allows you to earn fashion tokens via either grinding open world BAMs, using the Instance Matcher to queue for dungeons, or doing one of the BGs or the Arena, to buy costume versions of all of the gear templates in the game - so you can look cool without spending money or needing to earn the top gear sets. :)

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

Black Desert Online, not yet out in NA/EU but will be announced here soon, has no level cap at all - it has levels, but no cap. The Secret World also has no levels and no classes, so you can just continue leveling in that game until you earn all of the skills/weapons the game has. GW2 also, while technically it has a level cap, because of the down-leveling system you can basically just play the leveling game forever and continue to earn things.

• MatticulousMatticulous Member Posts: 52

World of Warcraft

• Pet Battles
    • Legendary Questlines
    • Farming 
    • Raising Cloud Serpents for racing
    • Daily Quests
    • Reputation Rewards
    • World Events
    • Crafting Mounts
    • Auction House Buying/Selling
    • Group Quests
    • Fishing
    • Archeology
    • Cooking
    • Scenarios
  • rainmournrainmourn Member UncommonPosts: 38

For endless leveling, I think I've just found the perfect game--Marvel Heroes. It has over 40 heroes and you can level all of them, with each one having a bonus buff that can be applied to other heroes. In other words, it's advantageous to alt in MH. Free to play, with an in-game currency called Energy Splinters that can be used to buy heroes, but of course they can be bought with $, too.

Getting over 40 characters (with a seemingly constant influx of new heroes to come) isn't even the end of the possible leveling. There's a prestige system for each hero that involves resetting their level back to 1 and redoing them. The rewards are a different color name above your character's head and some vanity pets. There's six levels of that system and the last level reduces XP to a 25th of what's normally received so it takes ages.

Not sure if I'll ever get that far, but simply having each alt give a new buff and that "gotta catch'em all" appeal has me hooked on this one. Great gameplay, graphics and what looks to be very responsive devs. What made me try it in the first place was hearing it's made by the people who did Diablo 1 and 2, and D2 was a fav of mine awhile back. It's all about the loot! ^.^

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Originally posted by doodphace

TSW sounds like it would be perfect for you.

What do you do in TSW at endgame?