Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Beta Key Sweepstakes (Week 1)

Comments

• IshbuKertleIshbuKertle Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Comaf
    You guys posted this on the 4th of July?  C'mon, man, a bit lame, isn't it?  We aren't all 14 in a basement.  Those of us with families should have been nowhere near a computer on the 4th but with our families. Pretty cruddy deal if you ask me.

I spent the 4th with family and friends and still found a half hour that day to surf the web and enter the contest. Stop being so bitter.
  • acryingcicadaacryingcicada Member Posts: 1
    Good luck everyone.
  • spector75spector75 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Admin

MMORPG.com has setup a random drawing sweepstakes to give away the next 1,000 beta keys for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor!  From now until July 8 @ 9PM EDT you can enter for a chance to win one of these elusive keys!

NOTE: As a reward to dedicated members you will get a bonus entry ticket that will increase your odds of winning for every day you login to MMORPG.com between now and 7/8/14 @ 9PM EDT.  No more than 4 bonus tickets can be earned for a total of 5 tickets.

Good luck!

CLICK HERE TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES NOW!

You guys posted this on the 4th of July?  C'mon, man, a bit lame, isn't it?  We aren't all 14 in a basement.  Those of us with families should have been nowhere near a computer on the 4th but with our families.

Pretty cruddy deal if you ask me.

Are you really attempting a QQ post because you would have missed ONE day if you signed in on the 5th? Thousands or hundreds of thousands of entries and you think ONE DAY, ONE TICKET will matter? Come on man, get real.

And as someone who has had an account since 2010 this won't be the first time you have seen that happen if you check in often.

• UristmcteraUristmctera Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Admin

MMORPG.com has setup a random drawing sweepstakes to give away the next 1,000 beta keys for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor!  From now until July 8 @ 9PM EDT you can enter for a chance to win one of these elusive keys!

NOTE: As a reward to dedicated members you will get a bonus entry ticket that will increase your odds of winning for every day you login to MMORPG.com between now and 7/8/14 @ 9PM EDT.  No more than 4 bonus tickets can be earned for a total of 5 tickets.

Good luck!

CLICK HERE TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES NOW!

You guys posted this on the 4th of July?  C'mon, man, a bit lame, isn't it?  We aren't all 14 in a basement.  Those of us with families should have been nowhere near a computer on the 4th but with our families.

Pretty cruddy deal if you ask me.

Actually you still could have gotten all 5 tickets if you started logging in on the 5th and did a final log in today before the contest ended. That's 4 days worth of tickets plus your original. Some people logged in every day and got a total of 5 bonus tickets + their initial, however as it says right there in the post, only 4 of the bonus tickets count + your original for a total of 5 tickets. So even if you have 6 tickets, you only get 5 entries.

• PalalexPalalex Member Posts: 2
    I think it's easier to drop the invincible than winning a beta key.
  • UristmcteraUristmctera Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Palalex
    I think it's easier to drop the invincible than winning a beta key.

Well I have all 5 tickets going in to this, so hopefully I get lucky.

• canhascowcanhascow Member Posts: 13
    Shame that MMO champion made a thread about obtaining beta keys and some toss pot on there created 550 accounts so he could get a beta key =/
  • PalalexPalalex Member Posts: 2
    One solution to try to avoid fake accounts would choose the best creative comments related to World of Warcraft instead of these entries. Surely this would hamper the participation of several people who create secondary accounts.

• driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78
    silly... all of it they should just release beta keys to everyone lol...

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

• kingjames18kingjames18 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by canhascow
    Shame that MMO champion made a thread about obtaining beta keys and some toss pot on there created 550 accounts so he could get a beta key =/

now times that by 5 entries =  2750 entries to my 5 actually 4 cuz i missed the first day.

• wardem0nwardem0n Member Posts: 14
    hoping to wake up and check my emails like christmas morning.   will it be socks or an Nes :P
  • TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by kingjames18
    Originally posted by canhascow

now times that by 5 entries =  2750 entries to my 5 actually 4 cuz i missed the first day.

Most likely they didnt log in each day for those points. Also im not sure how many entries there were at the end I think it was close to 25k when I last looked at it, not sure it it changed much, but that gives everyone with 1 ticket a 1 in 25 chance of winning. Those are decent odds still.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Welp! Nothing for me. I knew that though with the sheer odds. When it comes to raffles, scratch tickets, lottos ...etc... I never win.

Congrats to all the vet's that get one...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Alcop0psAlcop0ps Member Posts: 18

Me either, unless they really haven't sent them all out yet and are still checking for some.

Grats to the people that got one, though.

• ThebhoyThebhoy Member Posts: 6

Me too, been spamming my email and this site all day just hoping its not complete but as most said they received them like 6 hours ago its looking likely.

Just wish MMORPG could post and confirm so I can get some closure (well until next sweepstake anyway) :)

• Calibek2Calibek2 Member Posts: 3
    well here is a problem and I don't know who I have to send this to or what happened. Whenever i log in I saw i have a pm on my account. When i log in though instead of taking me to the mmorpg.com main page it takes me to the WoD beta key give away page and I cannot go anywhere. If i change the URL to mmorpg.com it defaults to the WoD beta key give away page. If I try to click on my messages it goes to the WoD beta key give away page. No matter what when i log in to my account i CANNOT navigate away from this page no matter what i do or where i go. If I log out of my account i still cannot leave the page and go back to the main page. The only way i can access the mmorpg.com page is if i completely close out of the internet and go back in.  I have tried this from my computer, my laptop, my droid phone and my iPad, all having the same issue...so it is an issue with my account. The way i had to get past this was I had to create a anew account, log in to it, log out of it, then log in to my original account then it let me access my messages. Once I try to go to mmorpg.com while i am in this account i get defaulted bacck to the WoD beta key give away. I think there is something severely wrong here.
  • ZloodziejZloodziej Member Posts: 3
    So the codes have already been sent or not ?
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

This giveaway is being handled just as poor as all the others on this site -no infos, no confirmations, no winners announced. And no, i'm not mad that i didnt get a key as i quit WoW many years ago. I'm just observing.

And btw: "random draw"? Of course...*cough*

• ethickaethicka Member Posts: 1
    I'm still cross fingered until 9pm edt tonight, the beta dream must live on!!
  • Alcop0psAlcop0ps Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Volgore

This giveaway is being handled just as poor as all the others on this site -no infos, no confirmations, no winners announced. And no, i'm not mad that i didnt get a key as i quit WoW many years ago. I'm just observing.

And btw: "random draw"? Of course...*cough*

I don't know if you've looked at the entering page lately, but it does say at the bottom it could take up to 24 hours. 

• cometaxxxcometaxxx Member Posts: 24

I got 5 tickets.

Still nothing here as i expect.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by cometaxxx

I got 5 tickets.

Still nothing here as i expect.

Because everyone else also has 5 tickets.

The 5 ticket thing is nothing but a gimmick to not make the veteran members mad, but on the other hand to also include 1 post members as well ( usercount+siteclicks= money).

If it was meant to be serious, it would have been 25 tickets required or had a join date requirement of any sort.

• FraludioFraludio Member Posts: 1
    Nothing here :(
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Fraludio

Cuz they haven't picked them yet, chillllll!

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Calibek2Calibek2 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Fraludio

Cuz they haven't picked them yet, chillllll!

yes they have

I don't know if they picked all of them but I got mine.