Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good shooting games?

ASVPASVP Member Posts: 15

Looking for an active shooting game. F2P!

With nice graphics and a fun game overall.

Also, does anybody play SMITE and is it worth it?

Thanks

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by ASVP

Also, does anybody play Smithe and is it worth it?

Thanks

Nice graphics is a very subjective criteria, so i'll let you decide on that. However, as for active 'free' shooting games there is:

Planetside 2

All Points Bulletin (APB Reloaded)

Defiance (never played it, but i hear it's decent. And very much an MMO-shooter)

Team Fortress 2 (I'd have to double check, but I think it's free. A classic shooter, with somewhat cartoonistic graphics that's a ton of fun)

'Smithe' from what I've found is not actually a game. If you mean 'SMITE', then yes, I've played it. It's actually probably my top played game atm, but it isn't a shooter. It's kind of a 3PS (third person perspective) fully 3d MOBA, with MMO-style action combat. It's a ton of fun, probably the most underrated MOBA on the market atm, and it's free. Some god types (hunters) are played kind of like a shooter, because you have to aim literally all your abilities in the game. But there aren't any guns, it's all bows, darts, melee, and magic. Definitely worth giving a shot imho, and the game has been growing a ton since beta.

• ASVPASVP Member Posts: 15

I played TF2 for a very long time, got bored of it a while ago as well.

Planetside seems kinda boring

But defiantly will take a look at the rest. Thanks!

• ElendengelElendengel Member UncommonPosts: 11

Could always try All Point Bulletin: Reloaded if you don't mind 3rd person shooters.

Fair warning though, the game has a lot of problems including a massive amount of wasted potential,  a high learning curve, and may cause a concussion from you repeatedly banging your head on the wall in frustration.  Once you get past all that, it can be quite fun.

• myxaplixmyxaplix Member UncommonPosts: 41

A F2P game that is coming out of beta at the end of the month is Firefall. The

combat is skill based shooter and while I found that I had done all there was to do

after 4-5 months...PVP guys would probably love this game to death.

Hey it free to play...why not give it a shot.

Originally posted by myxaplix

A F2P game that is coming out of beta at the end of the month is Firefall. The

combat is skill based shooter and while I found that I had done all there was to do

after 4-5 months...PVP guys would probably love this game to death.

Hey it free to play...why not give it a shot.

Defiance looks like an updated Firefall

• macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by coretex666
    CS GO - not massive, 10 EUR is practically F2P, top FPS (1000 hours and still rolling)

You could even make the money back in drops in steam wallet lol

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

When I read "shooting game" I immediately thought of this.

If you don't mind shelling out a buck (one dollar), you could also try my MMO of choice, in my signature.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Ghost Recon Phantom?

It is somewhat p2w (if you can look over that) but it has nice tactical slower pace shooting instead of run-n-gun. The graphics is certainly nice.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I know you said F2P.  But, if you are willing to spend a few bucks.  Borderlands 2 is definitely a great shooter.  Great co-op and RPG elements.  
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    I know you said F2P.  But, if you are willing to spend a few bucks.  Borderlands 2 is definitely a great shooter.  Great co-op and RPG elements.  

Even the first one is fun.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Even the first one is fun.

Indeed.

Played both and beat them both. Funnest games I played

Can't wait til the 3rd one haha

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    My problem is, I don't want to play PvP shooters at all.  I don't want to shoot at human-controlled characters and I don't want human-controlled characters shooting at me.  I just want pure PvE and once you run out of SP games like that, there's really nothing else to do.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79

I know Firefall has copped a bit of a ribbing but they have just announced launch and have indicated triple the map size, 20 man raid, new level progression system and... open world PVP.

It will almost be coming to Steam on the 30th. I am having quiet faith that it will make the game much better though the content may still be somewhat limited at first.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

How about World of Tanks?

But like someone said previously, maybe you would enjoy one of the smaller combat based shooters. Like the Battlefield series, Call of Duty, ARMA, etc. (however I'm not a person with a great deal of knowledge about these games).

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Have you tried being an Archer in Skyrim?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Planetside 2, warframe
    B2p: Destiny

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Team Fortress is the social now with comic book and good story lines it's drawing in everyone.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

I played TF2 for a very long time, got bored of it a while ago as well.

Planetside seems kinda boring

But defiantly will take a look at the rest. Thanks!

Planetside 2 is far from boring.  You have three factions each with their own look and feel, only one faction is sci fi in them, the other two more industrial in theme, It's not pay to win either, it's pay to skip. Some of the best team based combined arms combat on the net which involve  huge battles with hundreds of players.  If you're in the USA head to Emerald server, if your in the EU head to the Miller server. Those are the hottest servers. PS2 is the only modern day MMOFPS, so jump in an give it a try, though you'll need a decent spec system, and play with the settings to find a the games sweet spot on your Pc.  Find a clan and have a blast!! It's the only online PVP game I play, a true MMO where it's all about the players.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Cephus404
    My problem is, I don't want to play PvP shooters at all.  I don't want to shoot at human-controlled characters and I don't want human-controlled characters shooting at me.  I just want pure PvE and once you run out of SP games like that, there's really nothing else to do.

There is Cryteks Warface its a f2p co-op shooter thing the mission i ran in that was only killing AI not other players.

There is also Zombies Monsters and Robots http://zmr.enmasse.com/.. the few matches i played in that was also just against AI.

As for free shooters with pvp then i would say Planetside 2 it now plays so much better than it did at release and they have just added a new planet that is really well done :) Currently PS2 is one of my favourite games :)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I like shooters in theory, but they tend to end up feeling the same after awhile......Planetside 2 felt like there was no rhyme or reason to the game.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Star Conflict

Defiance

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by IAmMMO
    Originally posted by ASVP I played TF2 for a very long time, got bored of it a while ago as well.   Planetside seems kinda boring   But defiantly will take a look at the rest. Thanks!
    Planetside 2 is far from boring.  You have three factions each with their own look and feel, only one faction is sci fi in them, the other two more industrial in theme, It's not pay to win either, it's pay to skip. Some of the best team based combined arms combat on the net which involve  huge battles with hundreds of players.  If you're in the USA head to Emerald server, if your in the EU head to the Miller server. Those are the hottest servers. PS2 is the only modern day MMOFPS, so jump in an give it a try, though you'll need a decent spec system, and play with the settings to find a the games sweet spot on your Pc.  Find a clan and have a blast!! It's the only online PVP game I play, a true MMO where it's all about the players.

I have to second this. PlanetSide 2 really is a great fun game.

I don't know what you find boring about it compared to what you usually do in shooters..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Also, does anybody play SMITE and is it worth it?

Thanks

as far as shooting games i dont know i gave up on those awhile back since most of them are just hack fest. especially the free ones.

But i do play smite and its a solid game with constant updates and characters added.

and free.