Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Anarchy Online installation on Windows 8.1 a problem?

EvelknievelEvelknievel Ehrenfeld, PAPosts: 2,952Member Uncommon

Has anyone run into a problem as well when it comes to installing Anarchy Online on their windows 8.1 as of late?

I recently went to their website, downloaded the client, however it seems I have a patching problem when installing AO. Apparently after all is completed and I hit 'PATCH', it doe's go through it's routine, then at the end of the patch, it just jumps to desktop.

Again, I went on their main website, but it looks like people are having different issue with AO and 8.1 as well. I have submitted a ticket, guess I will find out within this week.. lol

Just curious if anyone on mmorpg.com had a similiar problem and thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool prague, TXPosts: 765Member Uncommon
    UAC disabled?

Originally posted by nethaniah Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Ehrenfeld, PAPosts: 2,952Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sacredfool
    UAC disabled?

Thanks for the tip and tried it as well, still a no go.

I do remember having it installed on my system when it was just w8, ever since I updated my system to w8.1 things have been kinda a pain in the ass with certain games.

• kb4blukb4blu Fuquay Varina, NCPosts: 708Member Uncommon

I have the same problem. In fact I posted it here a few weeks ago and have had no responce.

I contacted AO's "support" and tried everything they suggested and nothing worked.  Also I could not get it to work on Win 7 on another computer.

What happens to me is after I create a character it says that my account in already in use.  This happens even with a newly created account.  The strange thing is Funcom created a toon for me on that account and that  works.  

• justmemyselfandijustmemyselfandi Higbee, MOPosts: 559Member Uncommon

Give your AO install it's own folder. Do not install in the "normal" way. Protected folders like "c:program files (x86)" and AO have never gotten along well since Vista. And 8.1 actually added more code to these "protections", which has caused problems for a bunch of older games.

For example, my AO folder is "E:GamesGames-PlayableAnarchy Online". I have had no problems and this folder has gone through XP, Vista, 7, 8, and now Windows 8.1.

Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
    Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!
    Originally posted by kb4blu
    I have the same problem. In fact I posted it here a few weeks ago and have had no responce. I contacted AO's "support" and tried everything they suggested and nothing worked.  Also I could not get it to work on Win 7 on another computer. What happens to me is after I create a character it says that my account in already in use.  This happens even with a newly created account.  The strange thing is Funcom created a toon for me on that account and that  works.    

Wow, you still having that problem?

I finally got mine working, however the only reason it is working is because I did a system recovery on my pc (I was do for one) and now using Windows 8 once again.

Originally posted by justmemyselfandi
    Give your AO install it's own folder. Do not install in the "normal" way. Protected folders like "c:program files (x86)" and AO have never gotten along well since Vista. And 8.1 actually added more code to these "protections", which has caused problems for a bunch of older games. For example, my AO folder is "E:GamesGames-PlayableAnarchy Online". I have had no problems and this folder has gone through XP, Vista, 7, 8, and now Windows 8.1.  

When I reset my system to factory manufactory settings after 1 year, it reverted my system back to Windows 8, then I installed AO which now the game works. I did place it in the 'Programs Files (x86)' and it patched and started up.

I usually nuke my system once to twice year, I just don't trust much on the internet anymore, but then again, I always like a fresh machine and weed out the games on my pc that I might still linger in my pc.

Won't upgrade to 8.1 anytime soon after this fiasco. But thanks for all the help.

• kb4blukb4blu Fuquay Varina, NCPosts: 708Member Uncommon
    Give your AO install it's own folder. Do not install in the "normal" way. Protected folders like "c:program files (x86)" and AO have never gotten along well since Vista. And 8.1 actually added more code to these "protections", which has caused problems for a bunch of older games. For example, my AO folder is "E:GamesGames-PlayableAnarchy Online". I have had no problems and this folder has gone through XP, Vista, 7, 8, and now Windows 8.1.  

Thank you for the information, however I created a folder for AO before I installed it.  I checked the AO forums and that tip was in there.  

• justmemyselfandijustmemyselfandi Higbee, MOPosts: 559Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

When I reset my system to factory manufactory settings after 1 year, it reverted my system back to Windows 8, then I installed AO which now the game works. I did place it in the 'Programs Files (x86)' and it patched and started up.

I usually nuke my system once to twice year, I just don't trust much on the internet anymore, but then again, I always like a fresh machine and weed out the games on my pc that I might still linger in my pc.

Won't upgrade to 8.1 anytime soon after this fiasco. But thanks for all the help.

That's another reason I install all my games on this separate hard drive. I can do a fresh Windows install anytime I want and never lose anything. :)

Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
    Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!