Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• killion81killion81 A City, MIPosts: 985Member Uncommon
    [mod edit]
  • darkbamydarkbamy MetropolisPosts: 111Member
    Originally posted by cerulean2012
    Originally posted by Horusra
    As one wrongly banned by ESO....companies do screw up. ESO fixed my problem. Hope if you did nothing they fix yours....if you did do something....ha ha.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that on occasion a company will ban someone wrongly, but these get resolved when that person files a ticket and it is reviewed.

Now with the case of the person above and cs has replied with a message that the ban sticks, well it wasn't a mistake.

Well what i think what happend is i simply got hacked..fair enough i was to late with the 2 step thingy, but here comes the kicker my IP changes everytime i reset the modem (wich happens quite often) if i did the appeal to the ban and they see its a different IP then what it normally is then its already getting suspicious for them. And if i indeed do something wrong (like what the other guys said use a bot or whatever) do you really think i would even try to appeal the ban and try and get in contact with whomever i can to get my account back? even if i know that i was wrong?..come on i was stupid enough to not have my account secured but im not THAT stupid to try and get my account back if i knew if i did something wrong.

Now i know most guys on here dont really care and come up with the whole ''well you clearly did!'' story..but come on guys, we all know how awfull it is to get suspended or banned or cut off from a game, if its either your own fault or you got hacked or whatever...but you also have trust (well trust is kinda hard to do on the internet but stick with me here) the players perspective, not EVERYONE on the internet  who ever got banned/suspended did something wrong to the game they played.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Middlesex, NJPosts: 604Member Uncommon
    well I got a response from Support in a little under 24 hours which I think is reasonable.  All they want is for me to confirm that I have secured my computer (run a scan, change passwords, etc).  Then they will unlock the account.  Seems like they realize some stuff is happening by accident.
  • NetspookNetspook OsloPosts: 1,504Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SideTraKd
    Originally posted by threefeet
    Originally posted by SideTraKd
    Originally posted by Uproar

OP did you have the 2-step authenticator?

- No.  Again had the game 5-days. (well add 1 now).  If it's required it should be IDK -- REQUIRED!

Have used them in other games -- haven't got around to it in this  one.  Besides I highly doubt anyone was using my account as each time I logged in I was EXACTLY where I had left it and on the correct server (have read threads about other stuff). Fakable by a hacker?  I suppose-- but I doubt they'd bother. 

They bother.  They bother a lot.

So, basically, you didn't take any personal responsibility to protect your own account, even though they even offer you an XP incentive to do it, and now when things go wrong, it is someone else's fault?

I don't feel sorry for you, at all.

no, no, no no dont have the slightest clue as to what went on with this guy, so you have absolutely no place to sit there and tell him acct security on his end was lacking and that it was his fault.

the only people who know what went on here, if it wasnt him, is carbine. so dont even pretend youre gonna act all high n mighty thinking you can pin someone to the wall with no facts and just your bullsh*t.

Except that he just OPENLY ADMITTED that account security on his end was lacking.

Do try to pay attention before you go on a rant about someone ELSE not having any facts.

If he "OPENLY ADMITTED" that, based on saying he don't have a authenticator, wouldn't that be like saying the dev and/or publisher also is admitting there is no security without it? And still it's only the OP's fault?

It's true what they say, a moron is born every minute...

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Middlesex, NJPosts: 604Member Uncommon
    Just an update, I secured everything and set up authentication.  My account was then unlocked (they are still working on restoring items) but sure enough I am lvl 16 in a lvl 40 zone with a relic blaster and an inventory full of matts. Guessing whoever hacked me was botting matts to farm gold.