Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned? For ABSOLUTLY NOTHIONG

Comments

• NorewonNorewon Member UncommonPosts: 100

Its funny to me that everyone who has been banned not one of you has confirmed that you used the two step verification. There are quit a few threads about these ban's on Wildstar forums however everyone one of them did admit that they did not use the two step verification and when a few said they did they eventually came back and said they lied.....Its not a matter of add-on's rather Jeremy Gaffney even said that alot of the bots/hacks are from compromised accounts. People using the same user/password/email from other games or not using the two step. 

It really sucks that you guys got these bans and if your account is compromised then its reasonable to think that in order to make sure the compromised account is fixed and items are restored shouldnt it take some time to work out? OR you could save yourself and us some time and use the two step verification not get hacked or cheat and then you wont make these threads.

Notice how the OP hasnt really been back to this thread in a while? Funny huh?

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Well i just got smacked with a suspension randomly.  I haven't played since the first week it came out but let my sub continue in order to support the game.  Its funny that they did it right after my sub renewed.  Hope they answer my ticket in a timely manner.  I was cited for using third party software.  I haven't even used an add on. 

You must of got hacked, happend to me once in Wow. Subbed, but left after like 2 weeks, tried to log before the sub ran out i was suspended . Seemed goldsellers jumped on my account, not sure how they knew i stopped playing, but they used my remaining game time to do whatever. Seems this is a common method used.and you got hit by the same thing :/ 

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196

Use the 2 step authenticator and this wouldn't happen. No it is not required for you to use it, but you aren't required to use the locks on your house either. Just don't be surprised when you come home and a hobo has moved in and your TV is missing.

Why would you not secure your account as best you can?

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by RabidMouth

Use the 2 step authenticator and this wouldn't happen. No it is not required for you to use it, but you aren't required to use the locks on your house either. Just don't be surprised when you come home and a hobo has moved in and your TV is missing.

Why would you not secure your account as best you can?

Because we need more threads!!!

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Someone tried to log into my account yesterday but it failed because NC Soft sends an email that you have to OK the unrecognized IP Address for your account. I still changed up all my info....
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'll openly admit i didn't use an authenticator.  
  • mal.chia.66mal.chia.66 Member CommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    I'll openly admit i didn't use an authenticator.  

yea, right

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Originally posted by siicAdelic

LOL havent played in almost 2 weeks but went to check my account from reading this thread and yup banned as well.

And yes I use the goggle authenticator on my account.

I guess no big loss seeing as I havent played in 2 weeks.

I call BS. So your the first one hacked using a 2 step authenticator?

• siicAdelicsiicAdelic Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Norewon

Its funny to me that everyone who has been banned not one of you has confirmed that you used the two step verification. There are quit a few threads about these ban's on Wildstar forums however everyone one of them did admit that they did not use the two step verification and when a few said they did they eventually came back and said they lied.....Its not a matter of add-on's rather Jeremy Gaffney even said that alot of the bots/hacks are from compromised accounts. People using the same user/password/email from other games or not using the two step. 

It really sucks that you guys got these bans and if your account is compromised then its reasonable to think that in order to make sure the compromised account is fixed and items are restored shouldnt it take some time to work out? OR you could save yourself and us some time and use the two step verification not get hacked or cheat and then you wont make these threads.

Notice how the OP hasnt really been back to this thread in a while? Funny huh?

I use the google authenticator and have since day one for the bonuses they give.  Sorry but it has absolutely nothing to do with getting hacked I never got hacked. 

I never used a 3rd party program. 

I did however try two addons. 

The response I got to my ticket was that they apologize my account mistakenly got suspended that they would restore access. 

My issue is not that they accidentally flagged me, my issue is that it took them 16 days I was paying for to restore my access for their mistake and they do not even have the decency to credit me for the 16 days.

Now granted if I send another ticket about the 16 days I am sure eventually they would get around to giving me a credit, but now I am already well behind everyone, I have been tossed from the guild I liked for inactivity, and honestly I am a little butt hurt over the whole thing.

That being said I have already initiated a return of payment with paypal and Ill let them deal with it.

I am sure that if NC or carbine takes 16 days to answer an email from paypal, paypal will find in my favor easily. 

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451
    Anyone who thinks an authenticator is bulletproof is a fool.  The only secure system is a closed system.  The internet is not a closed system.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

A similar thing happened to me. 

They charged me for my first month of subscription a few days ago, and then today they suspended my account due to exploitive behavior. I haven't played in over a week due to business, so there's no reason for it. I work at Amazon. If I told my employees to close an account due to suspicious activity without first performing an investigation and getting in touch with the customer, I'd probably lose a customer for life. You should always perform a seek-to-understand with a customer before suspending their account.

Needless to say, I submitted a ticket with their support team expressing my displeasure and then asking for a refund for the subscription I paid, and then telling them to keep my account closed due to their bad business practices.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by Foobarx
    Anyone who thinks an authenticator is bulletproof is a fool.  The only secure system is a closed system.  The internet is not a closed system.

Might be true, but so far most people who have been suspended haven't had the authenticator. So must be doing the job :)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well my bank and a former employer seem to think they work fine... Ofc nothing is un-hackable but you have to agree that a account with one of these things are more secure then one without... No matter how much of a leet security expert you are. 

As for the OP....

Such curling... Very Soccer Mom...  Many easy days....

This have been a good conversation

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by Herase

Might be true, but so far most people who have been suspended haven't had the authenticator. So must be doing the job :)

Seems that it should be part of box sale by now, a authenticator.  I think it would save the companies more than cost on not needing to deal with all the lost accounts alone.with CS.

Not as easy with all the on-line sales of course..but this is getting to be like the botting/gold sales. If a company does not plan for it during development, they are being foolish.

For sure not bullet proof, but it would stop a very large percentage of these people that steal accounts to drain or use to spam and sell gold while they have control. 

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    I really happy for you keep up the good exploits. You do not get banned for nothing!

Actually, yes, you do. I stopped playing two weeks ago and cancelled the account. It expires in about a week and I just got an email about being suspended for such. My friend did as well. And no I don't run any programs you guys talk about. I just played the game. Not into all that other stuff folks like to do. Didn't have addons yet either. So yes, they do screw up

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

Oh ye they replied to my ticket alright...

After 9 days i got a reply saying this: 

''I have reviewed the details of the past actions on your account. After careful consideration of the information available to us (including your appeal), I am confident in the decision to terminate the account. Please keep in mind that WildStar is a global game with standards of behavior that must be upheld.

You are welcome to submit additional questions, however, we do not want to give you the impression that anything you say or do will reverse or alter the decision to suspend your account.''

Before this happend i also got a mail saying that ive used ''3rd party software'' wich i never did, so if i go by the rules of the wildstar forums i must be hacked (now idea why or how but tbh i dont care i just want to get my account back xD) problem is..my internet provider keeps changing the IP adress everytime i have to reset the modem, here is the bigger problem...that only makes me look more ''suspicious''. So hopefully i can still appeal the ban in 1 way or another, cause by the looks of it it aint gonna end pretty

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by darkbamy

''I have reviewed the details of the past actions on your account. After careful consideration of the information available to us (including your appeal), I am confident in the decision to terminate the account. Please keep in mind that WildStar is a global game with standards of behavior that must be upheld.

You are welcome to submit additional questions, however, we do not want to give you the impression that anything you say or do will reverse or alter the decision to suspend your account.''

Before this happend i also got a mail saying that ive used ''3rd party software'' wich i never did, so if i go by the rules of the wildstar forums i must be hacked (now idea why or how but tbh i dont care i just want to get my account back xD) problem is..my internet provider keeps changing the IP adress everytime i have to reset the modem, here is the bigger problem...that only makes me look more ''suspicious''. So hopefully i can still appeal the ban in 1 way or another, cause by the looks of it it aint gonna end pretty

I know game companies just look for people to ban for no reason.  I am sure that you did nothing wrong, just like everyone else who gets banned does nothing wrong.

Anyway as cold as it is I have no sympathy.  So be mad at me also if you wish, I along with others who are doing nothing wrong will keep playing our games.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by cerulean2012
    Originally posted by darkbamy

I know game companies just look for people to ban for no reason.  I am sure that you did nothing wrong, just like everyone else who gets banned does nothing wrong.

Anyway as cold as it is I have no sympathy.  So be mad at me also if you wish, I along with others who are doing nothing wrong will keep playing our games.

Indeed.  I've heard this story way too many times to actually believe it.  Maybe you're telling the truth, but odds are you're minimally leaving out some important pieces of information, and quite possibly completely fabricating your side.  My guess is that you used either an AFK bot for battleground farming or a resource gathering bot.  Unfortunately, the only evidence is logged by the game servers, so there's no way you can prove you didn't do either of those things.  However, the person that reviewed the server logs probably can prove that you did something directly in violation of the EULA. 

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    As one wrongly banned by ESO....companies do screw up. ESO fixed my problem. Hope if you did nothing they fix yours....if you did do something....ha ha.
  • greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Things like this are not unheard of when a game is new . I had a friend who got banned because she fell through the world in TESO . Hope the OP gets his account back and gets reimbursed for the time he has lost . 
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Horusra
    As one wrongly banned by ESO....companies do screw up. ESO fixed my problem. Hope if you did nothing they fix yours....if you did do something....ha ha.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that on occasion a company will ban someone wrongly, but these get resolved when that person files a ticket and it is reviewed.

Now with the case of the person above and cs has replied with a message that the ban sticks, well it wasn't a mistake.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    [mod edit]
  • darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by cerulean2012
    Originally posted by Horusra

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that on occasion a company will ban someone wrongly, but these get resolved when that person files a ticket and it is reviewed.

Now with the case of the person above and cs has replied with a message that the ban sticks, well it wasn't a mistake.

Well what i think what happend is i simply got hacked..fair enough i was to late with the 2 step thingy, but here comes the kicker my IP changes everytime i reset the modem (wich happens quite often) if i did the appeal to the ban and they see its a different IP then what it normally is then its already getting suspicious for them. And if i indeed do something wrong (like what the other guys said use a bot or whatever) do you really think i would even try to appeal the ban and try and get in contact with whomever i can to get my account back? even if i know that i was wrong?..come on i was stupid enough to not have my account secured but im not THAT stupid to try and get my account back if i knew if i did something wrong.

Now i know most guys on here dont really care and come up with the whole ''well you clearly did!'' story..but come on guys, we all know how awfull it is to get suspended or banned or cut off from a game, if its either your own fault or you got hacked or whatever...but you also have trust (well trust is kinda hard to do on the internet but stick with me here) the players perspective, not EVERYONE on the internet  who ever got banned/suspended did something wrong to the game they played.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    well I got a response from Support in a little under 24 hours which I think is reasonable.  All they want is for me to confirm that I have secured my computer (run a scan, change passwords, etc).  Then they will unlock the account.  Seems like they realize some stuff is happening by accident.
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by SideTraKd
    Originally posted by threefeet
    Originally posted by SideTraKd
    Originally posted by Uproar

OP did you have the 2-step authenticator?

- No.  Again had the game 5-days. (well add 1 now).  If it's required it should be IDK -- REQUIRED!

Have used them in other games -- haven't got around to it in this  one.  Besides I highly doubt anyone was using my account as each time I logged in I was EXACTLY where I had left it and on the correct server (have read threads about other stuff). Fakable by a hacker?  I suppose-- but I doubt they'd bother. 

They bother.  They bother a lot.

So, basically, you didn't take any personal responsibility to protect your own account, even though they even offer you an XP incentive to do it, and now when things go wrong, it is someone else's fault?

I don't feel sorry for you, at all.

no, no, no no no...you dont have the slightest clue as to what went on with this guy, so you have absolutely no place to sit there and tell him acct security on his end was lacking and that it was his fault.

the only people who know what went on here, if it wasnt him, is carbine. so dont even pretend youre gonna act all high n mighty thinking you can pin someone to the wall with no facts and just your bullsh*t.

Except that he just OPENLY ADMITTED that account security on his end was lacking.

Do try to pay attention before you go on a rant about someone ELSE not having any facts.

If he "OPENLY ADMITTED" that, based on saying he don't have a authenticator, wouldn't that be like saying the dev and/or publisher also is admitting there is no security without it? And still it's only the OP's fault?

It's true what they say, a moron is born every minute...