Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Reminder - Beta Sign Ups Active In Case You Missed It

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,626MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Sony Online Entertainment has activated a beta registration reminder for EverQuest Next via the game's Facebook page. This leads to speculation that we will find out much more about the title during next month's SOE Live. EverQuest Next has been largely shrouded in mystery since its announcement and been overshadowed by its compatriot, Landmark.

What are you waiting for? Head to the EverQuest Next page to sign up!

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• TyggsTyggs Syracuse, NYPosts: 412Member Common
    I thought we already signed up like a year ago...

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• Nickhead420Nickhead420 Schenectady, NYPosts: 151Member Uncommon
    Yep, says I already signed up.
  • ScorpionOneScorpionOne Mechanicville, NYPosts: 192Member Uncommon
    Same here.  Says I'm already signed up.  Did this a year ago.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,539Member Uncommon
    haha, yeah me too!

• BlinkennBlinkenn TNPosts: 120Member Uncommon
    This is for European's who registered with ProSieben, they're making a marketing push to get them to register with SOE instead:
  • IkonicIkonic Clarksville, TNPosts: 305Member Uncommon
    Why even sign up? They are more than likely going to sell alpha/betas again in Founders pack. Why give away for free what people are paying for.
  • TsuruTsuru Silverspring, MDPosts: 267Member Uncommon
    People want to try the game before they purchase anything. Beta access should be free so they attract more potential players.
  • MarknMarkn St. Paul, MNPosts: 174Member Uncommon
    SOE is no longer working with ProSieben they ended the relationship and transferred all services back to SOE.
    So if you signed up last year with proSieben you better do it again now.
  • DracogeekDracogeek Grants Pass, ORPosts: 24Member
    They taunt us...
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAPosts: 917Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ikonic
    Why even sign up? They are more than likely going to sell alpha/betas again in Founders pack. Why give away for free what people are paying for.

It's the illusion of thinking you will get into beta.  Then when you are not picked, you decide to pick up the founders pack.  Marketing at its best.

• flizzerflizzer Manchester, NHPosts: 1,670Member Uncommon
    It is generally understood how much gamers will throw money at a game, just to play a beta so makes no sense to give it away for free.  I suggest charging $500 and upward to beta test the game. You will see gamers crashing the site to sign up.   
  • sakersaker harrisburg, PAPosts: 1,015Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    I thought we already signed up like a year ago...

Yes, exactly. Just hype generation...

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 chapel hill, NCPosts: 2,132Member Uncommon
    it is called marketing. It works.

• CrusadesCrusades Columbus, OHPosts: 480Member
    I did too, but if I get a key, I'm selling it for $650 American.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 9,601Member Rare

Beta signup since last year, I would be shocked if we see beta for EQN before 2016.

• PpiperPpiper Horsham, PAPosts: 650Member Uncommon
    already signed up /yawn. Can we get some actual news around here?
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 9,601Member Rare
    Originally posted by Crusades
    I did too, but if I get a key, I'm selling it for $650 American.

Alpha packages will be up for sale before beta for less money (most likely $100 to $200).

So your plan to sell a beta account for $650 which will come AFTER alpha is just not gonna work too well.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage jeffersonville, INPosts: 384Member Uncommon

eqn is vaporware to me...i dont belive it will be out till 2020 then the game will be outdated but had made tons of money on plush dolls n alpha..i had high hopes for eqn now it seems to be more n more like minecraft with bosses and better grafix

if you gave soe a stick and you turned your back soe would try to stab a hole thru you or trip you just to see if money falls out of you pockets..very untrust worthy company imo

the only thing soe has / had going for them was orginal eq ( not that watered down version of today ) waay back in the day and after they wrecked swg and every other game or product it will be very hard to consider them for me to buy anything ..or even a free product..we all kinda know now f2p never means truely..f2p

• superconductingsuperconducting Rochester, NYPosts: 844Member Uncommon

Yes we can joke about how long SOE are taking their time with EQN, but in actuality it's better- they are TAKING the time to do things right. They have the privilege of using landmark as their testing ground which practically no other MMO dev has. The game they're creating is going to last decades.

• WolfhammerWolfhammer KetteringPosts: 704Member Uncommon
    Hahahaha oh shit the site appears down..  I signed up ages ago but wanted to check anyway..

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon

Well I signed up anyway. .already in the landmark beta adn the development for that is going well so looking forward to next.

As for people complaining that this is just a gimic and you wont get in unless you pay.. thats not true at all  know qutie a few people who are now in the landmark beta and only signed up on the site. Of course the people who pay will get in first but you still have a chance of getting in by just signnig up.

• BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,565Member Uncommon

• SulherokSulherok Jim Thorpe, PAPosts: 18Member
    I'll bet they are farther along with EQN than most poeple think. Alot of the systems in Landmark that testers are testing are going to be in EQN also., and the Founders Packs were for Alpha access not Closed Beta access.