Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back but worried about active players

hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

Wanting to and possibly going to be coming back to this game but I am worried that the player base may be too low.  I looked at the steam numbers and they are not great but I also know most people probably didn't get this game via steam.  I'm logical and I don't need a shit ton of people playing but enough to know there is good PvP going on and not just a huge open world with nothing really happening.  Anyone know the active sub numbers on this game or at least someone in game can give me some insight as to what the player base is like?

Snoogins

Comments

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    population is higher than I ever remember it being right now.  welcome back.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

There are a couple of people playing, everyone else got Tasos'd

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Originally posted by prowess

Do you have an idea about numbers during peak hours?

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Population is very good right now, and probably will go up from here, as long as AV continues on the trajectory they've been on the past few months.
    Originally posted by Holophonist
    Population is very good right now, and probably will go up from here, as long as AV continues on the trajectory they've been on the past few months.

Good news!  Thanks for the responses, I've heard good things about the last patch regarding the roles revamp etc.  Going to be moving 12 hrs away this weekend but think i'll resub tomorrow and play for a couple days before I move.

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Originally posted by hail2dathief

newp but i can tell you that there are plenty of people...  i have trouble farming in peace...  cities are constantly raided.  I'm enjoying it.

Originally posted by hail2dathief

newp but i can tell you that there are plenty of people...  i have trouble farming in peace...  cities are constantly raided.  I'm enjoying it.

Gonna have to hop on tomorrow then, i'm sold that the pop. is in good shape.  Def. going to hit up the Mentor program when in game since i didn't get to spend too much time learning the first time around.  Been watching lots of vids and have bookmarked the newbie guides on the Darkfall forums so i can hit the ground running and get me some pp's.  If any of you guys have a viable clan let me know, gonna need one obviously.

Snoogins

• JonMassJonMass Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Welcome back ;)

Darkfall Developer

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    recently came back as well, and every newb city i go to  at peak i find 8-10 people in them. I recently joined a clan and they are very active. Lots of people in city at all times. So it cant be too bad.
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

also no one in this thread is specifiying which server, lol

no one really has solid numbers, just server vague statistics. but  NA has always seemed to have 1.5 to 2 times more people than EU.

My blog: image

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Jupsto

also no one in this thread is specifiying which server, lol

no one really has solid numbers, just server vague statistics. but  NA has always seemed to have 1.5 to 2 times more people than EU.

Pretty much this.  The pop is good on NA.  You will find some busy areas and  times of the day that are more active than others. What server are you on OP?  Welcome to Darkfall.

Wow...sorry I forgot to mention the server lol.  I will be on NA server and thanks for all the welcomes backs!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

our clan had 3 separate 10-on-10 or larger fights in the2 hours i was online today.

also, the more popular safezone mob farms are often full of 2-4 low PP folks gaining their prow, or a vet getting their 140 (i think) freaks repeatable in.  good signs population wise.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    You know AV is on the right track when you see old faces return and old haters become fans.