Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archlord 2 OB has started

F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124

I'm surprised to see very little news regarding Archlord 2 on MMORPG.com, we also don't have a game page or forums for it - but in any case, I thought I'd post here and let you all know that the OB has begun.

http://archlord2.webzen.com/main

There will be no more wipes from this point and like most F2P games of this sort I imagine you could treat this as a soft-launch.

Comments

• raggnirraggnir Member UncommonPosts: 51

i can tell you why people don't even bother to play that game:

1-got an invitation for closed beta, i was quite hyped since i played the first archlord for more than three years.

2-first day: got a problem because of antihack tool.

3-sent a support ticket and created a thread about my issue.

4-second day, no help

5-third day, i discovered MANY other people had the same issue

6-tried on other computer: nothing, clean windows install: nothing.

7-day X: no reply from GMs, not even some news.

8-day XX:still nothing, closed beta ended => uninstalled, deleted all other webzen games, swore i would cut my hand if i ever played another webzen game.

9-end of story.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

I was pretty happy to learn of a Archlord 2 untill i did some research on the game.

No pvp like the first one, No sieges like the first one.

these 2 things are what made archlord so much fun, it had probably the best siege system i have seen in a game ( when it wasnt a total lag fest ). and the pvp was great with the bounty system.

but now i see the dungeons are instanced, and no pvp in the world. only some instanced BS arena crap.

how sad...

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124

But there are Sieges, there are quite a few types of 200 vs 200 battlegrounds.

There is also PvP in the world, but only in contested zones where both factions quest.

Perhaps you should read up more on the game: http://archlord2.wikia.com/wiki/Archlord_2_Wiki

Originally posted by F2Pelerin118

But there are Sieges, there are quite a few types of 200 vs 200 battlegrounds.

There is also PvP in the world, but only in contested zones where both factions quest.

Perhaps you should read up more on the game: http://archlord2.wikia.com/wiki/Archlord_2_Wiki

• Duels: Players can fight against another player of the same faction in a personal duel. A duel can be instigated anywhere in the world.
    • Skirmishes: After reaching level 30, players can team up with 4 other players to compete in 3 different skirmishes. Parties of opposing factions will compete in a 5v5 match.
    • Battlegrounds: Azuni versus Crunn can fight in massive 200v200 battles in the daily battlegrounds after reaching level 40.
    • Contested Areas: Players from both factions can come to the contested areas to complete quests and engage in open world PvP against each other. Contested areas are divided by levels, and characters cannot enter the area anymore when the level cap is met.

Not seeing anything about sieges. in part one you could take a castle and collect tax from surrounding towns. was pretty epic imo.

and the world pvp and bounty system are gone. those are just a few things i really liked in part 1.  anyways im going to check out this one and see if its fun. maybe they will add sieges later.

What I was referring to is one of the Battleground types:

City Siege The main objective of this Battleground is to attack the opposing faction’s capital city or to defend the own capital city.

The battle takes place hourly and Azuni/Crunn switch roles in defending/attacking.

Which may not be the same as in Archlord 1 (I never played it) and from what I can see, there doesn't seem to be a Bounty system.

I haven't actually played the game yet, but I will soon when I get the chance (as it looks pretty cool to me) but I just thought it odd the lack of news about the game on this website and wanted to share the news here.

An interesting bit of information I discovered was that the soundtrack was composed by the person who did the God of War soundtracks, which surprised me.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    are the Moon Elves still a race in Archlord 2? ill check the game out if they are still playable

Moon Elves are one of two races (1 for each faction) that aren't released yet.

The Azuni faction has Humans and will eventually have Dragon Scions.

The Crunn faction has Orcs and will eventually have Moon Elves.

So if Moon Elves are what you're after, it may be best to wait until an update adds them.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

So if Moon Elves are what you're after, it may be best to wait until an update adds them.

ty for the info. I just finished downloading it so ill check it out. If i like the game then ill definitelly keep an eye on the Moon Elves in the future (that was my race of choice in AL1) but ill check out the other ones for now.

EDIT: service is unavailable. After the title screen thats all i get. Maybe maintenance?

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

ty for the info. I just finished downloading it so ill check it out. If i like the game then ill definitelly keep an eye on the Moon Elves in the future (that was my race of choice in AL1) but ill check out the other ones for now.

EDIT: service is unavailable. After the title screen thats all i get. Maybe maintenance?

I don't think so, may be a bug - I'll have a look on the forums and see if I can find anything.

Here's the link if you want to have a look: http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/archlord-2-english

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    are the Moon Elves still a race in Archlord 2? ill check the game out if they are still playable

not implemented yet i guess

I played for a few hours and while it doesn't do anything new, it's pretty fun and looks nice enough.

I'm going to level up some more, try some PvP and run a few dungeons and see how I feel about it.

It's nothing special, but worth checking IMO.

lol man this quest system is funny.  The second u log on you see the !  infront of you. you click the npc click yes to the quest then on your mini map there is a huge number showing were the quest is and if that isnt enough hand holding if u click the quest on the right side of the screen it actually walks your character to the spot to complete the quest for you!

i mean come on i have seen hand holding but this takes the cake lol

Let me know how pvp is, as of right now i cant make myself quest and level in this game unless the pvp is really worth it.

• LohendLohend Member UncommonPosts: 17

Hi,

A small review after 2 months of gameplay in Archlord 2. 

Game content is very limited as you can reach level cap in 1 day. After that you find that grinding gear is 1 way ticket as best way to get gold is grinding same old 2 dungeons with little to no challenge. Other options are way to bugged to make profit as like cooking and crafting (for 1 stack (99) of top lvl food you need 1m of gold + materials). 

AS for PvP endgame has 3 options:

- Contest area wheres nothing to do but wait for a single lost soul from opposing faction. No daily quests and low fame reward.

-Skirmish arena, a bit pointless if you don't have pre-made team and its being ruled by full pvp equipment monsters who are the last there. (aka no balance system or ranked matches)

- Battlegrounds, 6 days of week 3 times a day. No real balance there, the faction with more people online wins for a weeks. If you are from winning faction side you can easily farm pvp fame for equipment without much effort. No real balance solutions has been implemented by Webzen and they don't see a problem that one factions spawn camps other faction every BG. Last solution to manage low player base was a server merge but this is slowly fading away and server is dieing again. 

Out side of dungeons world is full of bots, capital city full of spam gold sellers and all farming spots full of teleport farm bots to support in city gold sellers. At peak hours ~500 players online with 100 of them being bots, most of the players have left and servers feel empty. No real patches or fixes are implemented and no actions taken by webzen as they are to busy adding item mall content. Core of the game is broken with many bugs and CM-s don't listen to player feedback as thy just close most discussion topics that have any information about bugs on forums. Its also common that players lose items and gold form warehouse as potential botters (If you have to much gold you must be a bot in webzen opinion) and no feedback from CM-s. 

Ingame events are managed at forums and by screenshots. No implemented events and no real idea what should happen. Had a event of hunting monsters in few weeks ago. Of 2 servers only 1 person participated as the event was so poorly managed. 

Overall opinion should be clear. Game with great potential but no future until webzen manages the system with same course as now. If someone is looking for Archlord 1 gameplay from this game then its a not the right place because only thing these 2 have in common is the name.

This is a personal opinion of the game current status.

BR,

Lohend

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Lohend

Hi,

A small review after 2 months of gameplay in Archlord 2. 

Game content is very limited as you can reach level cap in 1 day. After that you find that grinding gear is 1 way ticket as best way to get gold is grinding same old 2 dungeons with little to no challenge. Other options are way to bugged to make profit as like cooking and crafting (for 1 stack (99) of top lvl food you need 1m of gold + materials). 

AS for PvP endgame has 3 options:

- Contest area wheres nothing to do but wait for a single lost soul from opposing faction. No daily quests and low fame reward.

-Skirmish arena, a bit pointless if you don't have pre-made team and its being ruled by full pvp equipment monsters who are the last there. (aka no balance system or ranked matches)

- Battlegrounds, 6 days of week 3 times a day. No real balance there, the faction with more people online wins for a weeks. If you are from winning faction side you can easily farm pvp fame for equipment without much effort. No real balance solutions has been implemented by Webzen and they don't see a problem that one factions spawn camps other faction every BG. Last solution to manage low player base was a server merge but this is slowly fading away and server is dieing again. 

Out side of dungeons world is full of bots, capital city full of spam gold sellers and all farming spots full of teleport farm bots to support in city gold sellers. At peak hours ~500 players online with 100 of them being bots, most of the players have left and servers feel empty. No real patches or fixes are implemented and no actions taken by webzen as they are to busy adding item mall content. Core of the game is broken with many bugs and CM-s don't listen to player feedback as thy just close most discussion topics that have any information about bugs on forums. Its also common that players lose items and gold form warehouse as potential botters (If you have to much gold you must be a bot in webzen opinion) and no feedback from CM-s. 

Ingame events are managed at forums and by screenshots. No implemented events and no real idea what should happen. Had a event of hunting monsters in few weeks ago. Of 2 servers only 1 person participated as the event was so poorly managed. 

Overall opinion should be clear. Game with great potential but no future until webzen manages the system with same course as now. If someone is looking for Archlord 1 gameplay from this game then its a not the right place because only thing these 2 have in common is the name.

This is a personal opinion of the game current status.

BR,

Lohend

Don't you wish you could get those 2 months of your life back since you found out what people already did in the first few hours of playing?

• LohendLohend Member UncommonPosts: 17

Well not really as i played actively only first weeks, now mostly daily Battle Grounds and then off to other games. Thing that kept me login in was hope for some bug fixes but now as game has been out some time it gets more and more clear that this ship is going only in one direction. To the bottom with full steam.

Yes not worth the time and effort and yes i could have played something else but i am a fool that had hope. There still was a little "Archlord" left in me that wanted to regain power but he was smacked down fast by Webzen.