Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortnite: Still Going Strong as New Visuals Prove

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Fortnite team is ready to take the wraps off a series of new visuals and a new gameplay video to show that development in one of the more interesting titles currently in the works is still an ongoing process. To sum up what Fortnite is, a quote from a fantastic PR notification says it perfectly: "TL;DR: Build forts. Co-op. Kill monsters. Find stuff. Craft stuff. Huge procedural worlds. Save the day. Bacon."

In Fortnite, players and their friends lead a group of Heroes to reclaim and rebuild a homeland that has been left empty by a mysterious darkness only known as “the Storm.” Players will band together online to explore the world for resources, build extravagant forts, find or build insane weapons and traps as they protect their towns from the strange monsters that emerge during the Storm.

Find out more about Fortnite on its official site. In the meantime, enjoy the flick!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This is like my childhood daydreams come true... yes, I was messed up.  I really want to play this one.  As long as it has hooks in the form of persistence and RPG elements, I'll be happy.  If there's a whole world with this sort of MMO meets Don't Starve + Night of the Living dead?  Yes please!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    This is also one I'm definitely keeping my eye on as well. Can't wait!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    If this was a true MMO I'd be much more interested. Looks good, and fun but doesn't sound like really a true MMO. Maybe I'm wrong, little detail in the about the game part of their site.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    This is like my childhood daydreams come true... yes, I was messed up.  I really want to play this one.  As long as it has hooks in the form of persistence and RPG elements, I'll be happy.  If there's a whole world with this sort of MMO meets Don't Starve + Night of the Living dead?  Yes please!

Don't really think there's a whole world in the game, sadly. 

Hopefully State of Decay MMO will take care of that.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Game play reminds me of an open world Orcs must Die. Looks like fun.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by saker
    If this was a true MMO I'd be much more interested. Looks good, and fun but doesn't sound like really a true MMO. Maybe I'm wrong, little detail in the about the game part of their site.

Its a tower defense game

EDIT: at its core its a tower defense game but glorified as in it does have a open world with many zones with procedurally generated maps.

https://www.fortnite.com/faq

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Interesting....................
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    looks like it could be fun for a bit.. will check it out when its released.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Looks very interesting indeed.  Love the concept and it is something new and refreshing.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"