Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite: Dangerous: Combat Build Released for Beta Backers

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Elite: Dangerous beta backers will be able to access a combat build of the game as of today. Anyone who has already preordered the multiplayer beta and anyone who backs the game prior to July 29th will be able to download and play this single player module immediately. The multiplayer beta is currently priced at $75 USD.

An amazing space epic of breath-taking scope. Head for the stars, take a ship and trade, bounty-hunt, pirate or assassinate your way across the galaxy. It's an awe inspiring, beautiful, vast place; with 100 billion star systems, planets, moons and asteroid fields just waiting to be explored and exploited.

Find out how to get your copy on the Elite: Dangerous store page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LaurannLaurann Member UncommonPosts: 47
    On what planet is this $75 currently?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by Laurann
    On what planet is this $75 currently?

On the store page linked above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Personally settled for the standard game at €40. I'm in no rush to play games before they're finished. But if you want to support the game or simply can't wait, no skin off my back. Hopefully the extra funding will make for a better game in the end. Buy a few Star Citizen ships while you're at it, too. ;)

• LaurannLaurann Member UncommonPosts: 47

This article is a little bait and switchy - intentional or not. In order to get access to the module coming out on the 29th - by backing prior to the 15th of this month, the cost is $150usd. Not $75.

The premise of this little news blurb would indicate to most readers "Jump into beta now for $75 before its too late on the 15th" only to send you downrange to find out the only way you'll get the upcoming module as a freebie is to fork over $150.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

The thread title should be:

Elite: Dangerous News - Combat Build Released for Premium Beta Backers

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

The thread title should be:

Elite: Dangerous News - Combat Build Released for Premium Beta Backers

No, premium already has the single-player scenarios. It's the Standard players that join on the 29th that have access to them.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

This will have to come WAY down in price before I'm going to invest.

Otherwise its a good looking game.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I imagine the gaming industry is fairly unique in that it's one of the few industries where customers will actually pay extra for the privilige of receiving a partially completed product.

Having been part of quite a few beta tests in my gaming "career", I have come to the conclusion that early access more often than not ruins the game for me. By the time the game finally launches, I'm so tired of playing dozens of buggy and ever-changing beta builds that final release holds no more "magic" for me.

I love space sims, and I'm eagerly awaiting the final launch of Elite, but unless they offer a "proper" Collector's Edition, there's no way way I'm paying 2 or 3 times the final price just to access 25% of the game play ahead of time...

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Laurann

This article is a little bait and switchy - intentional or not. In order to get access to the module coming out on the 29th - by backing prior to the 15th of this month, the cost is $150usd. Not $75.

The premise of this little news blurb would indicate to most readers "Jump into beta now for $75 before its too late on the 15th" only to send you downrange to find out the only way you'll get the upcoming module as a freebie is to fork over $150.

You pay $75 now, gain beta access and have access to the solo combat scenarios NOW.

If you pay $150 for premium beta access now, you have access to the combat scenarios AND the multiplayer part now. You also get all future expansions for free.

..Cake..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Only backed it for £30 in kickstarter but this is altready looknig more impressive than Star Citizen.. I backed both and have access to the current SC arena commander.

After watchnig all the recent videos for this I really cant wait until its released now hehe :)