Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are the post-Wildstar content locusts going?

EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229

I shouldn't use the term "content locusts" because it's probably not entirely accurate for what I mean but it's the closest/most concise term I can think of. Now that Wildstar has been out a bit and I see some of the typical MMO "unrest" in the game with some leaving/quitting the game I'm curious where people are going next?

For those leaving ESO it was sort of obvious that people would go to Wildstar because of the timing of release but it's much less obvious where people leaving Wildstar would go. Are they going back to ESO or back to WoW? Rift or FFXIV maybe? Holding on to EQNext pipe dreams? Given up on MMOs entirely?

BTW..I'm not saying WS is terrible or failing or anything like that. This is standard MMO behavior so I'm just curious since nothing is releasing atm that I'm aware of (maybe AA?).

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by EQBallzz

I shouldn't use the term "content locusts" because it's probably not entirely accurate for what I mean but it's the closest/most concise term I can think of. Now that Wildstar has been out a bit and I see some of the typical MMO "unrest" in the game with some leaving/quitting the game I'm curious where people are going next?

For those leaving ESO it was sort of obvious that people would go to Wildstar because of the timing of release but it's much less obvious where people leaving Wildstar would go. Are they going back to ESO or back to WoW? Rift or FFXIV maybe? Holding on to EQNext pipe dreams? Given up on MMOs entirely?

BTW..I'm not saying WS is terrible or failing or anything like that. This is standard MMO behavior so I'm just curious since nothing is releasing atm that I'm aware of (maybe AA?).

Waiting on the WOD expansion?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Perhaps they are still enjoying wildstar? I don't know I've yet to play it since some beta weekend awhile back, but it seems most people are satisfied with it and don't feel the need to move on or crawl back to another mmo.
  • FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451
    When Archeage open beta is announced... you will have your answer.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Doubt there are any Content Locust in WS. Seeing as how a full clear on the first Raid has yet to be done on most if not all servers.

On Caretaker Exile Side, my guild ExInferno killed thefirst boss last night. About 2 hours later the first boss was killed by a Dom guild.

The population isnt hurting in WS. So many people every where.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I'm guessing back to WoW to prep for the new expansion.  I would be more inclined to say AA if it had a solid launch date but instead Trion seems content to milk paid alpha indefinitely.