Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally something to look forward to again!

zononzonon Member UncommonPosts: 28

Hi fellow MMORPG-gamers!

Finally a game to look forward to again, its a nice feeling to have.

With all the mainstream games out there i really love developers who stick to what "they believe" in and make games from that standpoint. Most MMO-games that have come out the past years are so boring and bland with the idea to “Make everyone happy” and they often do this by “Giving everyone the ability to do everything" then no one can complain…

Well, as i was saying, i have big hopes for this game.

Take care everyone.

/Z

Comments

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

I thought this project had been put on ice as it failed to raise enough funds ?

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Here we go! Good luck everybody :)

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I think it supposedly is back on now, but in the capacity that time/money allows.  I would like to see it get made, but who knows with all the stuff going on with it. 
  • darksaber8570darksaber8570 Member UncommonPosts: 30

It appears they are still trying to create this game. What it all that means is yet to be seen. I am praying this game will be developed but after the whole kick starter issue and lack of funding doesn't look promising. I guess we will wait and see. I do not want to get all hyped up and let down again.

Good luck

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by kruler

I thought this project had been put on ice as it failed to raise enough funds ?

They are still working on the game with what devs they have, shopping the prototype around to investors, while working on a new, more detailed pitch for a potential future Kickstarter/maybe. Brad said that they held back some of the secret sauce last time because that's generally how game development works, but realized that doesn't work with crowd sourcing.

So they've got both veteran devs and volunteers working on it.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

May I ask what it is that makes you look forward to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen?

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    A game with no budget that is being developed by Brad McQuaid and a handful of amateur, volunteer developers. What could possibly go wrong?
    Originally posted by sirphobos
    A game with no budget that is being developed by Brad McQuaid and a handful of amateur, volunteer developers. What could possibly go wrong?

A big budget MMO being published by EA, with a mix of 4 dev studios working on it, and a marketing budget bigger than the development budget. What could possibly go wrong?

I don't understand the fascination with shitting on the pioneer developers that are trying to do something unique in the market.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

Well that was the same setting that gave us EQ1.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I can't help but think this thread was started ironically.
    Originally posted by Tyggs

This.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

This.

Except for the fact that EQ1 had paid staff, office space, a budget, and SOE behind it. Pantheon has none of those things.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

This.

Except for the fact that EQ1 had paid staff, office space, a budget, and SOE behind it. Pantheon has none of those things.

And someone that makes Bill Roper and the Fable dude look tame by comparison.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

This.

Yeah, I think EQ1 actually had quite a bit of money behind it for the time. Meridian 59 might be the MMORPG he was thinking of that had a lot of it developed by two brothers before 3DO got involved.

But to the OP. You're a little late to start looking forward to this game... that was before the Kickstarter bombed.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I'm also wondering if this is thread is made of irony.

Who in their right mind would still support a game, where the previous dev team ran off, cause their boss stole money and refused to pay them?

Harbinger of Fools
  • FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

Look on the bright side, when it's 2024 we can all find out what the hoopla was all about... assuming there is anybody still playing MMOs then.

And no, I don't think 10 years development time is unreasonable... it's probably spot on.

Originally posted by Dakeru

I'm also wondering if this is thread is made of irony.

Who in their right mind would still support a game, where the previous dev team ran off, cause their boss stole money and refused to pay them?

It's about the gameplay! Not the money.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I sincerely hope this project gets off the ground not because I want to play I or I think it will be successful but because I think it will show the world and more importantly show the old school EQ playerbase that it was in fact their rose tinted glasses that clouded their judgment.  But some may stick around but for the rest of us I'm hopeful that some elements of old school MMO design should be left in past.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293

This.

I will have to see more than a pretty website before I support Brad again.  Vanguard had so much promise...

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    I sincerely hope this project gets off the ground not because I want to play I or I think it will be successful but because I think it will show the world and more importantly show the old school EQ playerbase that it was in fact their rose tinted glasses that clouded their judgment.  But some may stick around but for the rest of us I'm hopeful that some elements of old school MMO design should be left in past.

The only problem is that I doubt these people would actually admit to the fact afterwards.  But, I do agree with you.  I don't really have a big opinion on the guy.  From what i've read though.  I have to say he is a shady guy.  

Put aside Vanguard and everything else for a second.  The fact that he had the balls to pay himself a 3 month advance.  Yet, not pay his employees anything is pretty strange and almost criminal.  Whoever supports this guy and his projects in the future.  I hope you think about what his done to people in the past.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Dagnabbit OP! You made coke shoot out my nose with this thread. Ha! Good job.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

This.

Not at first it didn't. And Pantheon does have a few of these things.

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

This.

Not at first it didn't. And Pantheon does have a few of these things.

Owning a copy of the movie "Office Space" isn't the same as having actual office space.

- Nellus

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by azzamasin

The only problem is that I doubt these people would actually admit to the fact afterwards.  But, I do agree with you.  I don't really have a big opinion on the guy.  From what i've read though.  I have to say he is a shady guy.  

Put aside Vanguard and everything else for a second.  The fact that he had the balls to pay himself a 3 month advance.  Yet, not pay his employees anything is pretty strange and almost criminal.  Whoever supports this guy and his projects in the future.  I hope you think about what his done to people in the past.

I haven't posted much on this, but this more recent rumor that I paid my team 'nothing' needs to be addressed:

1. The original team were absolutely compensated.  They were contract workers, and each month they would be assigned tasks and the amount they would receive in compensation was right there, in their contract, as an exhibit.  They knew how much money they were going to make for that month.

2. The vast majority of the money we raised via crowdfunding went to the team.  I am not going to post dollar amounts in regards to what I or anyone on the team received.

3. We worked on this game from September 2013 until the disagreement re: funds occurred in April, 2014.  So the amount in total they received and I received was for 7-8 months of work.  There was no '3 month advance'.  I compensated myself for that 7-8 months of work and I compensated the team for that 7-8 months of work.  They were paid for getting done what was in their contract exhibit and for the work done prior to having any money (pre-crowdfunding).  

4. Additionally, the founding members (the majority of the original team) received between 4% and 10% equity each in the company via stock.  

I regret that there was a disagreement over who got how much money and that this caused an exodus of much of the original team.  That said, the team I've re-built since April is getting even more work done, more quickly.  That's not to say the original team didn't work hard -- most of them did -- but most of them also were doing contract work on the side, or even worked a full time position and then worked on Pantheon in the evenings.  The majority of the team I've more recently assembled don't need nearly as much money to live off of and therefore most of them put most of the day into Pantheon and not other projects.

Lastly, I'd like to address team composition.  The original team were all MMO industry vets.  The team I have now, not so much.  I have had great success in the past building teams that are a mixture of wise industry vets and hungry newbies.  Right now I mostly have newbies, and that is in some ways a disadvantage (and in other ways, an advantage).  But the goal right now is to continue development and to fill some additional positions (for example, a CEO would be great).  Then, in a few months, re-start the quest for angel investors.  Once we have funding, I have a long list of industry vets who have contacted me and let me know they are ready to join VR as soon as I'm able to bring them on as employees.  So while we do lack the industry vets right now, that will no longer be the case once we bring in the first round of funding that we need.  

In the meantime, please check out the details, screenshots, and movies we post on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf?focus_composer=true&ref_type=bookmark every 1-2 weeks and witness the measurable forward progress we are making with the team I have now.  

thanks,

-Brad McQuaid

--

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.