Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still Zerg heavy and little group coordination?

zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

The reason me and my friends got so bored of the game was the little reason to actually do things with people. The anit-trinity design made it feel like everything was just a zerg fest and there were so few ways to support or help one another. This became REALLY apprent when we got ito the "end game" and world bosses and dungeons felt like everyone just mashing on the mobs by themselves with others around (heck most of the game felt that way). It was so bad on World bosses when you could sit at that dragon and just auto attack and go make a sandwich and still get a ton of loot.

So have they changed anything at all? Has there been skills or anything added that gives real reason to feel like your a part of a group?

Comments

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    Also have they added/will add soon any new classes?
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    No the games completely different now, Arenanet really took the forums posts about zerging to heart and completely reworked the world v world pvp, improving and changing almost every system based on player and community feedback
  • zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    Originally posted by fascism
    No the games completely different now, Arenanet really took the forums posts about zerging to heart and completely reworked the world v world pvp, improving and changing almost every system based on player and community feedback

Im more of a PVE player myself, has the PVE parts changed much or is it generally the same ?(i have not played since about 3 or so months since launch).

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by zanfire

Im more of a PVE player myself, has the PVE parts changed much or is it generally the same ?(i have not played since about 3 or so months since launch).

The short answer is NO.  Still mostly a zerg fest and the guy saying pvp has changed, not sure if he is being sarcastic or what but it is also still a zerg fest.

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

Yes and no the easy world bosses in pve are still a zergfest to get gear but they have added other stuff, made tequatl harder and a three headed jungle wurm and these world bosses require alot of group effort with strong leadership. 

They have removed the usual trains in queensdale by making lowlevel champs into veterans. However the world bosses still get pounded by big zerges, they have become a grind. 

They nerfed warriors and mesmers. 

Dungeon runs still have speed runs with warrior zerkers only and stuff like that but far from everyone plays that way. In my guild we play whatever char we want and usually ad a healer so there will be no wipes. Sure it takes a bit longer but the frustration of dying is elemimated.

Every mmo is an easy grind after awhile and in the end it's all a matter of taste if you like it or not. 

Othewise there is wildstar how is released you could give that a try, a few of my friends love it.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Anet stopped zerging on 2 world bosses.  Tequatl, when he was revamped, and the new Wurm bosses.  Both of those cannot be zerged and require coordination.  They still haven't reworked the other bosses though, so zerging is still in.  Dungeons have devolved into Berserker-stacking (stationary zerging?).  I highly doubt they will be changed anytime soon.  They are too focused on the Living Story, which is a shame.  They had a solid game at launch, and basically abandoned it for a lesbian love story, sylvari villains (lol, plants), and Destiny's Edge 2.0.

edit: I forgot to mention that they introduced EotM.. which sadly, is for zerging champs, instead of pvp.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by observer

Anet stopped zerging on 2 world bosses.  Tequatl, when he was revamped, and the new Wurm bosses.  Both of those cannot be zerged and require coordination.  They still haven't reworked the other bosses though, so zerging is still in.  Dungeons have devolved into Berserker-stacking (stationary zerging?).  I highly doubt they will be changed anytime soon.  They are too focused on the Living Story, which is a shame.  They had a solid game at launch, and basically abandoned it for a lesbian love story, sylvari villains (lol, plants), and Destiny's Edge 2.0.

edit: I forgot to mention that they introduced EotM.. which sadly, is for zerging champs, instead of pvp.

You mean they focused at whats important and not some side stuff.

Why would other bosses be reworked, eh? It works just fine as it is. You have Teq/Wurm/Karka and few dungeons and fractals for what you want. But no, you want ti ALL, if it aint all it sucks eh?

I can just praise ANet for keeping such people away, it makes the game much more pleasant.

Originally posted by Malabooga
    Originally posted by observer

You mean they focused at whats important and not some side stuff.

Why would other bosses be reworked, eh? It works just fine as it is. You have Teq/Wurm/Karka and few dungeons and fractals for what you want. But no, you want ti ALL, if it aint all it sucks eh?

I can just praise ANet for keeping such people away, it makes the game much more pleasant.

Are you really saying that Living Story is more important than everything else, and should be their sole priority?  Because that's what it is right now.  Everything else is being ignored.  Skills, Classes, Dungeons, WvW, SPvP, Dynamic Events, World Bosses, etc..  Even Bioware has released more content than GW2, and Swtor barely saved itself by going f2p.

GW2 will have been out for 2 years this August, and what have they got to show for it?  The only permanent additions are Fractals, EotM, SouthSun Cove, a couple SPvP maps, Triple Wurm event, and the new Dry Top area.  The game that GW2 launched as, is no longer that game.  It's just the Living Story soap opera, but with worse storytelling.  It's been a colossal failure and drove people away.  The server merges prove this, or should i say "megaservers", because it sounds less alarming?

Keep praising Anet's terrible decisions all you want, but the less people that play, the less enjoyment you're going to have, since their cash flow will shrink, which in turn means you get less improvements to the game.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Lol people need to stop complaining about zergs in this game. It was setup this way from the start. What did you think would happen in a game with shared loot and ne reason to team. This will never change in this game. Time to get used to it.
  • Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    GW1 is still better.
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I think it's fairly safe to say GW2 has the 2nd most players for an MMO in the west.

I think it's also fairly safe to say it probably has the shortest play sessions on average of any MMO in the world.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Ludwik
    I think it's fairly safe to say GW2 has the 2nd most players for an MMO in the west.

I think it's also fairly safe to say it probably has the shortest play sessions on average of any MMO in the world.

define short play session?

to do just daily? yes in 30 min you can do it, to fight in W3 or edge of mist? as long as you like, plus last I know of any game can have short play session.

also the pvp can be zerged or coordenated, coordenations will still be superior to zerg, but people like to zerg because its easier.

and for support as long you spec to be a suport you can do it, I play a warrior who can use banners or shouts to give support together with a rifle, commander style, shouting and shooting.

and serious waht is you guys hate on living story? you complain they don't update the game with new things, and when they do you complain you can't rerun it later, now I wonder what will be the complains when now you can rerun it later or not having the time frame like before

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161

They are improving with their boss encounter designs. This is obvious with Tequatl revamped, Triple Threat Wurms and the Queen's Pavilion. They're breaking up the open world PVE zergs.

With Dry Top, they're splitting the zerg with Favor of the Zephyrites. Once the duststorm hits, the zerg balls up to hit the tiered bosses that spawn depending on the Favor. Basically, they split and then combine the zerg with Dry Top. It's an interesting design which caters to the anti-zerg and the pro-zerg player base.

Although I agree with other posters, the dungeon design needs revamp or a redesign as well. I'm enjoying the open world content but abhor the dungeon content.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Nice sarcasm.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by alkarionlog

define short play session?

to do just daily? yes in 30 min you can do it, to fight in W3 or edge of mist? as long as you like, plus last I know of any game can have short play session.

also the pvp can be zerged or coordenated, coordenations will still be superior to zerg, but people like to zerg because its easier.

and for support as long you spec to be a suport you can do it, I play a warrior who can use banners or shouts to give support together with a rifle, commander style, shouting and shooting.

and serious waht is you guys hate on living story? you complain they don't update the game with new things, and when they do you complain you can't rerun it later, now I wonder what will be the complains when now you can rerun it later or not having the time frame like before

That's because the Living Story is taking up all of their development time and resources, when other aspects of the game could use it.  The biggest complaint was the temporary nature of it during Season 1.  This will change for Season 2, but it will still be the sole focus of the future of this game, instead of dungeons, pvp, crafting, guild halls, home instance, events, world bosses, new zones, etc..  I'd rather have meaningful content being focused on, instead of a sub-par story that is sophomoric at best.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

How in any way would that be fairly safe to say? ANet has never come close to giving any details or indication what so ever that would make anyone even remotly think that. The funny thing is, love them or hate them, Bioware has actually made that claim themselves about SWTOR. You can say Bioware/EA are liars, cheaters, etc etc, but you cannot say that its safe to say that GW2 is 2nd in the west lol.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by doodphace

How in any way would that be fairly safe to say? ANet has never come close to giving any details or indication what so ever that would make anyone even remotly think that. The funny thing is, love them or hate them, Bioware has actually made that claim themselves about SWTOR. You can say Bioware/EA are liars, cheaters, etc etc, but you cannot say that its safe to say that GW2 is 2nd in the west lol.

I was going to post something similar, but you beat me to it. +1 image

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski
    GW1 is still better.

If you like it more it is. It's all a matter of opinion...I wanted to like GW1, but just couldn't.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.