Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: The Week in RPGs for July 4th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The post-E3 lull doesn’t have us down! It’s another full week of RPG news here at the RPG Files. For the week of July 3rd, we have a new Dragon Age character reveal, a Witcher spin-off, Destiny predictions, and another case of professional gaming as a boys’ club. Read on for all that and more!

Read more of Chris Coke's The RPG Files: The Week in RPGs for July 4th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    If you're bi-sexual you're not completely gay. In the first Dragon Age there were a couple characters that you could hook up with regardless of if you're male or female. This person obviously chooses one gender, the same as his own and is thus "fully gay".
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    So...

Women can't compete in Starcraft 2, but they can play Starcraft 2?

wut? O.o

"while women only get Starcraft 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament"

They just don't get to play the boys if I read correctly (kind of skimmed to be honest)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    If you're bi-sexual you're not completely gay. In the first Dragon Age there were a couple characters that you could hook up with regardless of if you're male or female. This person obviously chooses one gender, the same as his own and is thus "fully gay".

either way he likes the penis

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    So...

Women can't compete in Starcraft 2, but they can play Starcraft 2?

wut? O.o

"while women only get Starcraft 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament"

They just don't get to play the boys if I read correctly (kind of skimmed to be honest)

My god...didn't those dipshits stop to think WHY regular sports is segregated into male and female leagues? Such as physically on average males are bigger and stronger than females, so sports that pit them against each other will give the males a significant and unfair advantage?

But in E-sports, when the players are using keyboards, controllers, mice and their brains instead of their muscles, that physical difference/bias is completely eliminated and there is no longer any reason whatsoever why they can't compete against each other on equal footing?

Promoting female sports my ass...

Where's the any key?

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    My girlfriend destroys me in almost every game we play against each other. I typically win the deep strategy games but she wins everything else.

I see no good reason to not allow the women to compete against the men.

At the risk of offending people, I do have to say that this sounds like another case of ancient morals holding society back.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Hey guys,

I just want to UPDATE this article. Following the heavy outrage across the internet, the IeSF has changed their policy and is now allowing women to take part in the Hearthstone tournament. We won this one!

- Chris

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi
    Calling the playing of a video game a "sport" is laughable in and of itself.

why not? in the US we call football a sport. we even pay the fat bastards millions of dollars a year to play what's basically rugby, with more rules to protect them, all while they wear sissy padding. no wonder Europe laughs at us.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Nice! What's first? Who can watch all of Lost first?

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• Acidon.NumenAcidon.Numen Member Posts: 55

I've got mountain dew energy drinks, Netflix up and 5 days to burn.  How much am I getting paid?

OT: When I saw Underworld, I *hoped* it was talking about the original Ultima Underworld games..  I love the Underworld series of movies, don't get me wrong (and Kate Beckinsale..), but I can't freaking wait for a spiritual reboot of Underworld.  It sucks that they only made two back in the day.. And while II was awesome in that we got to move about the castle walls in first-person view, the original will always be one of my fondest gaming experiences..  While I played and loved all of the Ultimas, the Underworld games were my favs.

Please Note: I'm done arguing with unreasonable people with an agenda and/or those that fail to see logic.

Argue if you must, discount my post with anti-logic and/or Hyperbole. I won't be responding any longer.