Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AVOID this game at all costs!!!

deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

I played this game since beta. Over 10k battles in all tiers.

There is so much wrong with this game. Wargamingnet didnt improve the matchmaking for years. They use an unfair way of matchmaking. 

There are certain tanks that will give you a 200% change to be in the losing team. Like in the T21 and other tanks.

9/10 Battles have a 5-15 or 15-5 outcome. A major proof of unbalanced matchmaking. 

The community is lame. Many kids commit sucide when the battle starts. You will find yourself over and over again in battles where are you behind with 0-6 in just 1-3 minutes.

This game is only a big moneymaker for Wargaming.net

They are not about to make the game fair ...they just squeeze it out for the money till it dies.

Many good gamers already left it because this major sick aditude. 

Wargaming.net can go to hell imo.

[edit] check this link, even the info of old posts are still up to date:http://greedygoblin.blogspot.nl/2012/04/proof-that-world-of-tanks-is-rigged.html

Comments

• commiekorcommiekor Member Posts: 1

As it's a free game there is no cost to avoid...

The tanks are cool but half the players don't seem to care about winning the game, that means if you are stat-crazy it will drive you nuts.

As you progress up to the top tier tanks, you start at tier 1 unless you buy premium tanks of higher tiers - not recommended until you've played at least 100+ games - the time wasters do decline. If you use a standard free account it is nigh on impossible to get to a tier 10 tank as the ammo and repair costs get really costly over tier 8.

If you get a premium account the research/upgrades are obviously quicker and the higher tiers are cool, win or lose.

The op doesn't mention mods and they do make a positive difference.

For free - and if you team up with a couple of mates for platooning   - it can be fun,  just keep cool as idiots around you die in the first minute or drop into a lake...

I've played over 20k games btw...

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    It's all same story with (almost) every F2P game...
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

iv been playing off/on since wave 3/4 of CBT.. WOT has always had its MM problems but most of the time you will get worse MM when you plat up with someone in a bigger higher T tank. honestly the game is not as bad as some people claim, iv been in matches with my jd pz IV where i was creamed and later wiped the floor with the other team.  the biggest weakness the game has is the leming players who rush in and just die instead of working as a team they try to rambo.

sure the game is a huge money sink like most F2P games they want money complaining about the fact they want to make money is kinda silly may as well complain about movies demanding you pay for it before you watch it...

TD;LR: 

wot still has some issues with MM but its no where near as bad as people claim or how it was in ver 0.9.0+ most tanks only get put in a 1-3 +/- teir match unless they plat with higher ranked tanks or are playing prem tanks which get special MM.

i do just fine with my prem T1 freebee tanks, and stug/jdpz4 without ever sinking a dime in the game. hell iv won matches being the sole surviver in my crappy yankee 50cal armored car. just learn how to actual aim and use cover to avoid those 0-15 matches..

also stop believing the W/L ratio of XVM... it just makes you a moron...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Yeah I agree, never play MOBAS, stick with MMORPGs and you'll be happier.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BackwardsDagBackwardsDag Member UncommonPosts: 44

For a f2p this game rocks, but its nice to have a few premies to make silver with. I have played for some 4 years, its fun if you like tanks. If you don't like tanks, perhaps you should not play it. Like any game with 150 pilotable objects, some suck, some are good, but they are all tanks. Avoiding this game because of someone's perception is silly. I plop about 100 bucks a year, but it is by no means needed to play. 2 years of my playing were done with no budget, no wallet war, at all.

Money is not hard to come by in game either, i suggest getting a t-18 first, then a hellcat. T-18 is cheap as to run, and can carry a game. It will also teach you to use frontal armor and position to your advantage. The hell cat has a great gun, and rediculous speed, good camo, but weak as, so teaches you map positioning. 

Play it if you like tanks. It is kinda that simple.

• redbug1redbug1 Member Posts: 21
    Dude WoT is great for part time players. I have probably 40 hrs. of homework a week and logging on for a battle or two in between study sessions is very therapeutic. Who cares if your tier 10?  I have a great time playing at tiers 1-6.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Agree with the OP, I've nothing but contempt for this game and the "company" that makes it (the "culture" of mobster-style-capitalism that rules in the country of origin of this pay-to-win makes this to be expected). The thing has been UN-balanced since the beta. The newest thing is what I call the magic-inviso-tanks, the UN-balance of the t.d's is ridiculous. But there is hope! WarThunder is in beta, and looks hopeful! Definitely not ready for prime time, but there is hope in it!

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

OP, I couldn't agree with you more.. 

This game brings out the worst in people, and I thought World of Warcraft raiders were bad. This game has more people running around comparing WN8 numbers like WoW did with their epeen "gear score" fiasco.  The MM system is set up to encourage "cash shop" purchases.. But can we fault them for that?  Business is Business!!. I have thought about playing more at times since it's free, but I know it will be back to grind as before, while all the kiddies run around comparing numbers.. Mine is bigger then yours ???  The small maps are boring after a couple thousand times. It is just one thing after another.  Maybe I'll go back to GW2 PvP play..

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    War thunder ground forces. Thats all you need to know
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Been playing now for 2-3 years.

Got 1 tier 10, 3 tier 9, 4, tier 8 and a lot of tier 6 and below.

Never spent a penny on the game till last month, felt it was worth the £50 I spent on it for my birthday.

Some games you win, some you lose. The player is more important then the tank.

I still average over 50% win ratio and have never grouped with anyone, just play random matches.

Every game you get the same comments.

Gold noob (i.e. the person saying this got killed by a better player and is too stupid to admit it is their fault and so blames it on ammo that ANYONE can buy, only the stupid people don't have a few for each fight.

Lucker (i.e. player got killed by a better player and rather admit it they blame luck. Aim for the right spot and any tank can be taken down within reason).

Bad MM (i.e. they are grouped with a higher level team member and are too stupid to understand how it works or they are a lower level tank in a match with other lower level tanks but choose to attack top tier tanks and fail...again stupidity rules).

Basically the game is fun and those that complain are usually at fault and are too dumb to realise why they keep dying.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

The game has it's flaws for sure but it's also a pretty good time waster as well if you go into it not expecting a super deep experience.  I have been leveling the American TD line and I admit the matchmaker system is very frustrating at times.  I'll play a match where I can't pen anything and am getting killed in one hit against tanks 2-3 tiers above mine and than another time be top tier for the match and just destroy anything that comes into my sights.  I think there might be more instances of the former but it's kind of hard to tell sometimes when you judging it more on subjective memories rather than hard facts.  I certainly don't record each matches layout for post game session analysis.

My main gripe with the game is the cost to convert tank XP to general XP.  If they made a single change of making all XP sub players earn general I would sub to the game for a year at a time but as it stands they won't because they make way more money getting people to pay to convert on top of buying gold tanks, currency and the double XP/Currency premium memberships.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    This is one of those it doesn't matter if it's hugely popular makes stupid amounts of money and has been going for years...I don't like it so it's a bad game type of threads isn't it ?
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    This is one of those it doesn't matter if it's hugely popular makes stupid amounts of money and has been going for years...I don't like it so it's a bad game type of threads isn't it ?

Pretty much.... I quit WoT for objective reasons (I cannot really stand its take on penetration chance, the teams are sometimes downright infuriating and the stock grind is retarded)  over a year ago, tried it again a month back... played 4 games, remembered why I hate it, uninstalled again... War Thunder is more for me though the mouse chucking moments are rarer they can take you by surprise and make you rage like a german kid sometimes.

That said WoT is not a bad game, it isn't for everyone tho.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by Maelwydd

Some games you win, some you lose. The player is more important then the tank.

Basically the game is fun and those that complain are usually at fault and are too dumb to realise why they keep dying.

I totally disagree that the player is more important then the tank..  This is why we have profession seal clubbers all using the same OP tanks..  T18 for those that start seal clubbing early..  There are numerous areas of the game and/or battle that effect the performance of a tank.. Type of tank, upgrades, modules, consumables, crew training and the use of premium ammo.. Are some of those cash shop advantages available to the public with in-game credits.. YES.. But you can not sustain an ample supply of GOLD ammo with the standard rewards.. If you have cash to spend in the cash shop, there are a number of shortcuts and advantages that give you an edge over MOST others..  Especially those that just play for free.. The wallet warriors love to feed on the canon fodder, then brag about it.. 

Originally posted by udon

The game has it's flaws for sure but it's also a pretty good time waster as well if you go into it not expecting a super deep experience.  I have been leveling the American TD line and I admit the matchmaker system is very frustrating at times.  I'll play a match where I can't pen anything and am getting killed in one hit against tanks 2-3 tiers above mine and than another time be top tier for the match and just destroy anything that comes into my sights.  I think there might be more instances of the former but it's kind of hard to tell sometimes when you judging it more on subjective memories rather than hard facts.  I certainly don't record each matches layout for post game session analysis.

My main gripe with the game is the cost to convert tank XP to general XP.  If they made a single change of making all XP sub players earn general I would sub to the game for a year at a time but as it stands they won't because they make way more money getting people to pay to convert on top of buying gold tanks, currency and the double XP/Currency premium memberships.

It is a business only to exist in making money.. Most of the game is laced with incentives for the players to spend money in the cash shop.. I have played GW2 off and on since it launched and I'm all for cash shops, but only when it comes to vanity items.. or in World of Tanks case, things like garage slots, or style of tanks (premium).. However, what WoT does is build in P2W bonuses.. This doesn't mean you have to spend money to win.. and it doesn't mean if you spend money you are guaranteed to win.. What it does mean is that by spending money you gain an advantage over others (All things being equal)..  Example would be two players playing the exact same tank.. One plays for free and makes do with what he can.. The other is a wallet warrior that visits the cash shop to "twink" is tank and crew...... All things equal.. We know who wins more, don't we?

Originally posted by Dihoru

Originally posted by DamonVile

Pretty much.... I quit WoT for objective reasons (I cannot really stand its take on penetration chance, the teams are sometimes downright infuriating and the stock grind is retarded)  over a year ago, tried it again a month back... played 4 games, remembered why I hate it, uninstalled again... War Thunder is more for me though the mouse chucking moments are rarer they can take you by surprise and make you rage like a german kid sometimes.

That said WoT is not a bad game, it isn't for everyone tho.

Agreed.. WoT is not a bad game, however it does foster a lot of bad people..  It encourages poor behavior such as bragging, insulting and esport slandering.. Which, that is ok if you keep it that competitive attitude among themselves.. What I dislike is that WoT deliberately allows and designs the E-sporters to mingle and prey off the casual non-esport public.. It is very similar to MMO gamers that demand for open world free for all PvP.. Which again I wouldn't have a problem with that, as long as you keep that server away from those that do not want to partake in that.. 

WoT is solely design to exploit questionable human behavior for profit..

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

War Thunder is already a superior game in every way and it's still not finished or polished.

Avoid world of MASSIVELY UN-balanced td's like the plague! When a tank stops right in front of you and immediately becomes invisible you see how ridiculous wot has devolved into. Not that I ever expected much of it considering it's source and structure.

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

It's the most unfair game i played ever... 

u cant be in for 75% of the time in the losing team...if there are so many bad players then it must be arround 50/50...but that isnt happening here....  its a game with hidden crap u cant proof but u know for 100%  that there are truly things realy wrong...

Originally posted by deugemiet

u cant be in for 75% of the time in the losing team...if there are so many bad players then it must be arround 50/50...but that isnt happening here....  its a game with hidden crap u cant proof but u know for 100%  that there are truly things realy wrong...

-hands you a tin foil hat-

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Can't accept the fact that you suck , eh?

Probably shouldn't be playing these type of games.

Same old shit, someone figures they are a gaming god and when they lose come up with all sorts of reasons why its the games fault.

Sorry dude you are just a loser.   Or cannon fodder, as they say.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    War thunder ground forces. Thats all you need to know

I had high hopes for the above. Sadly Gaijin are as incompetant as WG. They have completely unbalanced their GF with a broken MM (based on their broken battle rating system) and most of the player base have given up. They still attract players to the air game (which is also unbalanced but far better than WoWP) but GF is a total mess right now.

Originally posted by saker

War Thunder is already a superior game in every way and it's still not finished or polished.

Avoid world of MASSIVELY UN-balanced td's like the plague! When a tank stops right in front of you and immediately becomes invisible you see how ridiculous wot has devolved into. Not that I ever expected much of it considering it's source and structure.

Gaijin broke their game with the 1.37 release when they introduced Battle Rating and consolidated 20 tiers down to 5 BR groups. With a max (supposedly - I know there are some modifiers based on player skill that allow a larger spread - have experienced it myself) BR spread of 1.3 it creates highly unbalanced matches. In air combat the planes with cannon (mainly Yak and Air Cobra) dominate and 1-shot everything. In GF - only USSR and Germany are available at the moment, and the USSR tanks pwn Germany (most German tanks are easily ammo racked/1-shot by soviets). Much complaint of Russian bias on the Gainjin formums (until the mods ban these players that is - gaijin moderators are a total joke and ban people for the hell of it). GF player base is in serious decline. There are a couple "I win" tanks that tend to dominate matches above group 1 such that most of the players have retreated to group 1 battles to try to get fair matches.

Fail. There is documentation from some of the Devs that exposed some of the inner workings that skew how a player is assigned to a team and the quality of that team... something WG denied for years. MM is broken enough without these added hidden algorithms that look at player performance.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

I feel your pain OP. 

Too much crap out there clogging up the septic tank.

Originally posted by cptndunsel

Fail. There is documentation from some of the Devs that exposed some of the inner workings that skew how a player is assigned to a team and the quality of that team... something WG denied for years. MM is broken enough without these added hidden algorithms that look at player performance.

Is there also links to this documentation? Proof that this documentation comes from legitimate (developer) sources?

• OrrionkaOrrionka Member Posts: 19

1- Platoon with friends.

2- Use private voice chat.

3- For the love of Xenu....turn off general chat.

4- enjoy game.

• LFGroupLFGroup Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by commiekor

As it's a free game there is no cost to avoid...

Wrong. It's a "pay to win" game where you can stumble upon an enemy whose paint isn't even scratched after 2 point blank shots, and who will one shoot you (it did happen to me) and the rest of your team. So this is hardly a free game, unless you want to spend your time on the wrong side of the gun.