Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shocked at how much I like it.

Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229

I played a few beta weekends and a little bit in closed beta.  I was never really that impressed.  Then about a week and a half after launch I decided to just give it a go.  To my surprise I really have enjoyed it.  I've hit level 50 and have done some of the end game veteran content.  Are there some things about the game that are really frustrating? Yes. The questing and tasks get so tedious especially during leveling that at times I had to take a break just because my brain couldn't handle it any more.  However at least from a PVE theme park point of view, I haven't played such a complete new game in a very long time.  Crafting is really enjoyable, dungeons and adventures are challenging yet fair.  The world has it's own personality and feels unique.

All that said, I've heard some customer service complaints and I understand people's frustration since it's a new game they are still in the bug squashing phase with some things though it does seem like they are stomping them fairly quickly.

If your looking for a PvE theme park that feels fresh and has quite a bit of content and things to do, I'd really recommend Wildstar.  I know it's not the game for everybody, what game is though?  

Comments

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Originally posted by Xion1985

I played a few beta weekends and a little bit in closed beta.  I was never really that impressed.  Then about a week and a half after launch I decided to just give it a go.  To my surprise I really have enjoyed it.  I've hit level 50 and have done some of the end game veteran content.  Are there some things about the game that are really frustrating? Yes. The questing and tasks get so tedious especially during leveling that at times I had to take a break just because my brain couldn't handle it any more.  However at least from a PVE theme park point of view, I haven't played such a complete new game in a very long time.  Crafting is really enjoyable, dungeons and adventures are challenging yet fair.  The world has it's own personality and feels unique.

All that said, I've heard some customer service complaints and I understand people's frustration since it's a new game they are still in the bug squashing phase with some things though it does seem like they are stomping them fairly quickly.

If your looking for a PvE theme park that feels fresh and has quite a bit of content and things to do, I'd really recommend Wildstar.  I know it's not the game for everybody, what game is though?  

Sounds like a PR spin from a Carbine employee. :P

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    lol, it's not but I suppose if carbine wants to pay me I wouldn't say no to that.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Same as you OP.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    I was part of all the betas and honestly i HATED the game. but my friend got me a copy and begged me to join so i figured why not. its a free month of killing time. When i logged in i noticed that the FPS issue was almost gone. I run an AMD and we all know that AMD and WS dont get along. But i have not had issues with lag or FPS drops as of yet, i am level 40...FREAKING HOUSES!!! taking up most of my time. I am on the RP server so less trolls.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

Yeah for someone who has never been into the housing stuff in any game, I've had a few moments where I can't believe I spent 2-3 hours making my plot look better. I went into the game especially after beta thinking I wasn't going to like it at all. There are a lot of things I like though. I think after 3-4 years of mmo hopping, I finally found a game that'll keep my attention.
  • PhogoXPhogoX Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I'm really enjoying it too.  I'm only lvl 33 and have been taking my time.  Very high quality game.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Taking my time, RPing and building my plot. What more can i ask for. the combat i s quite fun too.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Does need some polish in places, but otherwise, it's really a great mmo with a ton of features on release.
  • RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    I was very hesitant just because of the art style. When I first tried the game it ran so poorly on my computer that I uninstalled it almost immediately. I decided to go back and try again after I heard that the new AMD drivers were working. The game could still use some optimization, but it runs much more smoothly now. Now that I'm not watching a  slideshow I find myself really enjoying the game a lot.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Just re-subbed, but kind of a 'Billy no mates' in game at the moment.  Went through the first month not really speaking to anybody.  If anybody wants to group up at any time for any PvE content, I'd be happy to play with you.

IG Name - Vanch

Server - Hazak (EU)

Oh and sorry for hijack, just didn't feel it warranted a new thread :)

I'm on a US server or I'd be glad to get you into the guild I'm in. Questing is quite a bit better when done with other people. Hope you can find some good folks.
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Considering its only a month old and their promise about fast (monthly) & quality content additions (first monthly content patch already applied) , it looks like it will get better and better.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by borghive49

I'd be all about getting paid to talk about a game. I'd be the biggest fanboi WS ever had.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by borghive49

I'd be all about getting paid to talk about a game. I'd be the biggest fanboi WS ever had.

Well, ask OP how it works ;)

Thought my price to BS about a game would be much too high heh :)

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I hear you, OP. I even posted something similar a while back. Difference is though, I am a slow leveller, and far from 50. And as you said, the questing can get a bit too much at times, so currently I (already?) took a break. But I am sure I will return. A huge difference to other MMOs I quit thinking I never will return (though in some I have anyway, but that is a whole different story)

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw