Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online installation on Windows 8.1 a problem?

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Has anyone run into a problem as well when it comes to installing Anarchy Online on their windows 8.1 as of late?

I recently went to their website, downloaded the client, however it seems I have a patching problem when installing AO. Apparently after all is completed and I hit 'PATCH', it doe's go through it's routine, then at the end of the patch, it just jumps to desktop.

Again, I went on their main website, but it looks like people are having different issue with AO and 8.1 as well. I have submitted a ticket, guess I will find out within this week.. lol

Just curious if anyone on mmorpg.com had a similiar problem and thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    UAC disabled?

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by sacredfool
    UAC disabled?

Thanks for the tip and tried it as well, still a no go.

I do remember having it installed on my system when it was just w8, ever since I updated my system to w8.1 things have been kinda a pain in the ass with certain games.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I have the same problem. In fact I posted it here a few weeks ago and have had no responce.

I contacted AO's "support" and tried everything they suggested and nothing worked.  Also I could not get it to work on Win 7 on another computer.

What happens to me is after I create a character it says that my account in already in use.  This happens even with a newly created account.  The strange thing is Funcom created a toon for me on that account and that  works.  

Originally posted by kb4blu

I have the same problem. In fact I posted it here a few weeks ago and have had no responce.

I contacted AO's "support" and tried everything they suggested and nothing worked.  Also I could not get it to work on Win 7 on another computer.

What happens to me is after I create a character it says that my account in already in use.  This happens even with a newly created account.  The strange thing is Funcom created a toon for me on that account and that  works.  

Wow, you still having that problem?

I finally got mine working, however the only reason it is working is because I did a system recovery on my pc (I was do for one) and now using Windows 8 once again.

Originally posted by justmemyselfandi

Give your AO install it's own folder. Do not install in the "normal" way. Protected folders like "c:program files (x86)" and AO have never gotten along well since Vista. And 8.1 actually added more code to these "protections", which has caused problems for a bunch of older games.

For example, my AO folder is "E:GamesGames-PlayableAnarchy Online". I have had no problems and this folder has gone through XP, Vista, 7, 8, and now Windows 8.1.

When I reset my system to factory manufactory settings after 1 year, it reverted my system back to Windows 8, then I installed AO which now the game works. I did place it in the 'Programs Files (x86)' and it patched and started up.

I usually nuke my system once to twice year, I just don't trust much on the internet anymore, but then again, I always like a fresh machine and weed out the games on my pc that I might still linger in my pc.

Won't upgrade to 8.1 anytime soon after this fiasco. But thanks for all the help.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi

Give your AO install it's own folder. Do not install in the "normal" way. Protected folders like "c:program files (x86)" and AO have never gotten along well since Vista. And 8.1 actually added more code to these "protections", which has caused problems for a bunch of older games.

For example, my AO folder is "E:GamesGames-PlayableAnarchy Online". I have had no problems and this folder has gone through XP, Vista, 7, 8, and now Windows 8.1.

Thank you for the information, however I created a folder for AO before I installed it.  I checked the AO forums and that tip was in there.