Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: The Post-50 Experience to be Overhauled

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Buy2Play in 3...2....1...
  • shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107
    For pete's sake. I have just resubbed for a month and found that the only couple of early quests where you need a group have been nerfed. Baeleth who healed from the lava now stands like a dummy while you solo it. Just like Rift... they think dumbing down will bring the players in.... Then it becomes a bore fest... and I am getting bored fast. Wanted to team with wife and a couple of friends, but there really is no point. Cancelled... Again.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Buy2Play in 3...2....1...

I hope so. I want to play, but I don't see anything that justified a sub to be honest.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    ........ but continue to pay the sub fee in the interim, while we try to stop post-50 from sucking.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Did i mention how everywhere in the world looks the same with the most annoying terian i've ever encountered, there is hardly any open landscape, it's all hills, cliffs and narrows passageways.

I agree with you there. I was playing Elder Scrolls Online last night then switched to skyrim for a bit and the difference in "interesting terrain" and even moving around the world was very noticeable.

There aren't a lot of "ahhhhh" moments. Like when I saw Solitude or windhelm for the first time from a distance. Or when I'm making my way through the woods around riften.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

Many people as well as those running ESO seem like they don’t know the difference between tedious/ boring with difficulty.

I left because I didn’t want to grind pve quest, I just wanted to get to 50 and pvp, and obvious they wanted people to pvp because of the entire zone dedicated to it. The whole VR leveling was such a bad idea…

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    I really want to try this game anyone knows when it goes free to play or buy to play?
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Band-Aid on a gunshot wound, IMO. I don't think this game will be P2P for much longer. 
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Yet another company flailing wildly in a vain effort to determine what direction they want to take their game in, what a shocker!
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Zefire
    I really want to try this game anyone knows when it goes free to play or buy to play?

You're looking at a minimum of a year before either of those ideas will even begin to get tossed around.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I won't lie... I dumped the game around V3 because the grind was tedious and boring.

I also had to many issues with the server choking during heavy pvp.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    did they fix the rest of the game (pre-50) that are now focusing on end game overhauls? i dont think this is more important.

As far I read about most complaints they either nearing VR or into VR and even many of them felt 1-50 was a great experiance.

So please explain pre-50 since I'm at half I can't share experiance beyond and for me it has been fine with some minor to expected release issue's.

i didnt get to max level but i did enjoy leveling. By pre 50 i mean all the broken features that arent part of VR. THey were too game breaking for me to resub after the free month. Im keeping an eye on improvement posts because i do want to go back, but not if its the same broken experience from beta and launch.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    That might bring me back. I never got to 50 but knowing what a tough grind it was kinda steered me away from wanting to get there. We will see though... Ultimately the game just seems to focused on the end game gear grind much like FFXIV did. Which is a shame because they are both such beautiful and rich IPs with enjoyable combat for me.

If Wildstar didn't have housing I'd probably be feeling the same about that game.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    That might bring me back. I never got to 50 but knowing what a tough grind it was kinda steered me away from wanting to get there. We will see though... Ultimately the game just seems to focused on the end game gear grind much like FFXIV did. Which is a shame because they are both such beautiful and rich IPs with enjoyable combat for me.

If Wildstar didn't have housing I'd probably be feeling the same about that game.

i take it you dont like the grind in ESO and FFXIV but you do like it in Wildstar. By the Way the grind in WS is way more out of hand. Dont know about gear grind, but overall grind.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    Originally posted by Zefire

You're looking at a minimum of a year before either of those ideas will even begin to get tossed around.

Well QuakeCon is coming up in less than three weeks.  So it's possible to hear something sooner and I wouldn't be surprised if those ideas where already tossed around even before launch.  

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    This is why MMORPGs should be more challenging and encourage grouping from the beginning. If players are already conditioned to be able solo everything then there is no need to form social bonds, meaning no one will stick around for later content. So now they have to nerf it for the solo players that remained.
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288

Yawn.

To me this game would need a FFXIV style overhaul to make it even somewhat desirable to play.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

No plaease ...DO not make this game easier and more soloable.

STICK WITH YOU VISION Zenimax.

Just EXPLAIN that VR levels wil be harder and may require you to Group up . Explain it at an early stage so players are prepared for it.

Whats up with folks that say that there is a grind at VR levels, there is only a grind if you Think the VR levels should take as long to level as the standard levels 1-50 did.

Every single game should get nerfed based on "solo players" , it's really annoying !!!

-These players won't stay for long, they will complete the VR levels then quit

As you said the VR levels should help you build Community and foster grouping.

And for the players that just wan't to PvP ..just do It , you do NOT need a VR12 characther for that. The only time you will need a VR12 characther in PVP is maybe solo PvP

Or maybe raise every characther to VR 12 as they enter Cyrodiil.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Phasing and requiring group play at 50+ VR content didn't work well in ESO. Now Zenimax took the easy way out (decreasing difficulty) unfortunately.
  • greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

Blimey that was fast its only taken them three months to start dumbing the game down . Is that some sort of record ? 

Its so funny its tragic they actually think making the game easier is the key to make people come back . Have they not learned yet this should have been buy to play from the start ( with premium DLCS ). 

What a mess they have got themselves into through sheer greed and not being honest with themselves about what their product is worth . 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

First major change influenced by losing subs.

Instead of totally changing their game design.. they'd be better off sticking to their vision and going ftp.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by SBFord

But we understand that, despite our vision, this is not how all our players want to experience the game

That statement is very telling imo.

I really like it when developers give us a game where we are allowed to just have fun and enjoy the game.  And a lot less when we have to follow their "vision" of how we should enjoy the game.

This sort of design philosophy where we just play it their way can work for first person shooters, side scrolling platformers, maybe even story driven RPGs to a point.

But MMORPGs not so much.

Is this company run by a buncha people who have been making facebook games the past decade?  

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by jacker1991

Ummm, more solo content in an MMORPG. Love it! :D

I never get people like you. Soloing is usually slower/more challenging than your usual carebear 5vs1 environment. If i want the challenge once in a while who are you to say otherwise? 

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by BailoPan15
    Originally posted by jacker1991

Ummm, more solo content in an MMORPG. Love it! :D

I never get people like you. Soloing is usually slower/more challenging than your usual carebear 5vs1 environment. If i want the challenge once in a while who are you to say otherwise? 

Of course It's more challenging to solo content made for solo-ing , and if you do not want to end up solo an entire game , they should keep some parts that are required to have a Group to maintain a challenge for a Group.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    This is hilarious, they should have opened thier eyes up a long time ago.