Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Landmark: Kerrans, Kittens, and Player-Made Foundations

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aside from the tale of a kitten Sony Online Entertainment has adopted, one important Landmark related update is that a new island will test builders’ imaginations The best builders will be given the privilege of having their creations immortalized in Everquest Next and Norrathian history.

Read more of Victor Barreiro Jr.'s Landmark: Kerrans, Kittens, and Player-Made Foundations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Definitely Dwarves first.. I don't like that they turned the Kerran into Tony the Tiger.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

To be fair, Kerran's always looked awkward and ridiculous anyways...  Just muscular humans with fur and  a tigers mouth..

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Kerran look WAY better in EQN

• TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Dwarves for me! ;)

"Huntress"

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I like the new Kerrans. I love the look of EQN so far. I just wish they would quit screwing around with Landmark. I'm just not interested in a building game and they seem so focused on it right now.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by marcuslm
    I like the new Kerrans. I love the look of EQN so far. I just wish they would quit screwing around with Landmark. I'm just not interested in a building game and they seem so focused on it right now.

Landmark is the testbed for EQN. Everything going into EQN will be tested first in Landmark, so you can't say they're screwing around.

• XerathuleXerathule Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    Originally posted by marcuslm

Landmark is the testbed for EQN. Everything going into EQN will be tested first in Landmark, so you can't say they're screwing around.

Yes, it is a testing ground and an experiment.   This is called innovation!  Don't worry about them spending too much time.  They do want to get the game at least playable/useable at least, but I wouldn't think they are wasting time on it.  What they do here will carry over to EQN as far as the world environment and how you interact with it.

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I hope they transfer the "awesome performance"...
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by RolleZ
    I hope they transfer the "awesome performance"...

Assuming the quotes mean sarcasm, it's weird. I keep hearing about bad performance, it must be poorly optimized for certain systems? But with mine it runs 40 to 60 fps on ultra settings. So I guess I just can't see what people are complaining about.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Can't get over the feeling that the kitten is solely for Georgeson to eat. He looks like a bond villain.
  • ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Dreamo84

I think the Kerrans in EQ1 looked much cooler than the disney lion we have in EQN.

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by Dreamo84

I agree, I think the Kerrans look really cool.

If you take it as it is and not go into the "nitty gritty" and the accuracy of the proportions or anatomy then i think the style of the character is nice. IMO better then the previous iterations of this race.

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265

nah, I love Kerrans in EQ1 and EQ2, they look terribly ugly on EQN and I even play WoW... 

I just don't understand why they look like goofy disney lions on EQN. 

So, it will most likely be the one time I don't create a Kerran... Vah Shirs FTW!