Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard to believe this madness is for a 9 year old MMO.

BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

And the one which is supposedly on death bed for years now according to the members of this very site and is unable to generate interest in public anymore.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Well apparently most of them are done with the site now based on the comments lol. They'll be back for next giveaway. That's probably the only time they show up!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Yep, I've been telling people that from what I've seen on youtube, WoD could be considered WoW 2.  They've updated pretty much everything in the game, and find it coincidental that WoW is going back to the beginning.
  • OminousDawnOminousDawn Member Posts: 75

I've never played it.  By the time I developed an mild interest to try it, the graphics looked a bit dated.  Yes, I'm big on graphics.  If a game doesn't look good, I won't play it.  I figure If I have to look at the game for hours on end, It better look good. 

May reconsider when it goes F2P. 

The game you are looking for requiring no PvE completion and where you can just jump in and start mindlessly shooting at people is that way - >>>>

... it's called an FPS.

Quit ruining the MMORPG genre with your constant "PvE grind" whines.

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by OminousDawn

I've never played it.  By the time I developed an mild interest to try it, the graphics looked a bit dated.  Yes, I'm big on graphics.  If a game doesn't look good, I won't play it.  I figure If I have to look at the game for hours on end, It better look good. 

May reconsider when it goes F2P. 

9 yearls later and still expecting f2p? Only about 20 more years to go and maybe it will get under 1m subs.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    If the graphics ever get acceptable in my opinion, I would consider playing.  Outside of the graphics there seems to be a lot to like about the game. 
    I think once you start complaining about graphics you lose all credibility as a RPG player. The best RPGs dont look good what so ever, or at least not compared to the games of the same era.  Some of the best games are from the 90s and early 00s which most gamers still go back and play.
  • gondulegondule Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by TankYou88
    I think once you start complaining about graphics you lose all credibility as a RPG player. The best RPGs dont look good what so ever, or at least not compared to the games of the same era.  Some of the best games are from the 90s and early 00s which most gamers still go back and play.

Exactly I go back and play Ultima Underworld pretty often. Then you got the OG BioWare games/Black Isle. Shit gets so deep and amazing I could never not replay them. Focusing on graphics definitely when it comes to an RPG is fucking retarded.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

And the one which is supposedly on death bed for years now according to the members of this very site and is unable to generate interest in public anymore.

Never ever take the word of the Vocal Minority with anything other then a grain of salt.  While I am one of those who detests Themepark games, I am not oblivious to the fact it is the biggest money maker and most productive MMO genre out there.  Like the Massively article that detailed LOTRO's Raid Community as being the vocal minority, the general feeling is that Themepark is the only game a AAA studio will undertake for the foreseeable future.  The ramblings of WoW's death has been greatly exaggerated. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    It is WOW dude! The only mmorpg  worth playing. King of the kings!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I confess, the furor this beta has generated sure surprised me, never thought there'd be such rabid fanaticism over such an old game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    I confess, the furor this beta has generated sure surprised me, never thought there'd be such rabid fanaticism over such an old game.

You make it sound like it hasn't evolved and is the exact same game as it was in vanilla.

When you see a car brand, Say Toyota. The outside doesn't change all that much. But the inside changes a lot and gets more efficient year after year. WoW is kinda like that bad analogy. On the outside, it remains the same themepark. But a deeper look shows its hardly the same game it used to be. Each expansion bringing with it major changes.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    But it's just a beta....to a game you know you'll buy. Playing it could only detract from your experience once it goes live.....gamers really have no self restraint at all.
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

To the folks bitching about WoW's graphics: It holds up better than most and it's style is on par with newer releases. Also, still some of the most fluid animations of any MMO.

Oh and GRAPHIC UPGRADE with WOD expansion.... sooo yeah....

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Originally posted by DamonVile
    But it's just a beta....to a game you know you'll buy. Playing it could only detract from your experience once it goes live.....gamers really have no self restraint at all.

Ya I usually only play a few hours of beta for all games. You know if you like a game right away or not. For me I just want to check out what class I want to play this expansion. Im leaning towards blood dk, just sucks that my paly pretty much sucked this expansion. I was the 3rd best paly in the world the first half of the expansion before I took a break and still was out DPSd by other tanks as well as taking more damage over warrior and dk.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Haha, this shows you just how popular WoW still is. I've never seen such frenzy around beta key giveaways.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Haha, this shows you just how popular WoW still is. I've never seen such frenzy around beta key giveaways.

You are right. ESO.. even SWTOR frenzy fails in comparison.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

i d'nt think they care about that most are probably just looking for something to brag about to their fellow players or to make a quick buck.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

There's a never-ending stream of criticism, insults, slander and straight-out lies directed at WoW, because it is the most popular and most profitable themepark MMO in the history of the genre. Success breeds envy.

I have never played WoW (not even a free trial) and never will. It simply doesn't appeal to me. But that doesn't mean I can't be objective about it.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

The only people who really care about WoW and this new Xpac is the people who play it, or have played it for some years.  Maybe WS should be worried because pretty much all their playerbase come from WoW.  I know is hard to believe, but not everyone like the game and you´ll find a insane amount of MMO players, more than the people who actually play WoW,  that are spread playing other games (MMOs).  

So all this ¨Madness.  come from the same people who have been playing the game for the last 10 years.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    The primary reason I never go back to it is that, much like a number of people, I left a lot of baggage back in that game that will inevitably follow me if I go back (i.e., used to be a hardcore raider, have a lot of old guildmates playing, etc.).  It feels like if I step back into it, I'll just have to deal with all of that again.  Now I mostly play Path of Exile and Mario Kart 8.  =)
  • FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

Considering that everything that you ever wanted to know about the expansion is broadcast daily on the MMO-Champion, I don't see the point in even doing the beta.  

But you have to realize, the WoW peeps are starving for new content, so much so that they will complete WoD before WoD is released if they have to.  If present WoW was engaging, they'd wait.  But present WoW is like another 3 months of the same content they've been doing for the past 6 months.  SOO over with it.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Probably do to the fact that every game since wow has been overrated and hyped up on game sites like this one. ESO and Wildstar will feel the pain when wod comes out. And those other new games aren't even worth talking about.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I think it's only an "old game" for those who left it behind.

For those who are still engaged with its game play, it's as relevant as ever.

And of course, with its changes over the years it will gain or lose players as those changes attract or repel players.

I think sometimes people think "old is yesterday's news".  But sometimes "old" is just plain better.

It's a shame I'm not a WoW player though I've tried many times. I just can't get interested in it where I log in every day.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I think it's only an "old game" for those who left it behind.

For those who are still engaged with its game play, it's as relevant as ever.

And of course, with its changes over the years it will gain or lose players as those changes attract or repel players.

I think sometimes people think "old is yesterday's news".  But sometimes "old" is just plain better.

It's a shame I'm not a WoW player though I've tried many times. I just can't get interested in it where I log in every day.

That's perfectly normal.  The low levels of the game are very boring even with the voice acting and story lines.    I'm not sure if it's the lack of social interaction that does it or how run of the mill and trivial the quests are, but it's a slog.

Heck, even the end game can get somewhat tedious and boring fairly fast without a guild to keep things interesting.  The primary reason WoW has stayed king so long is how easy it is to play and the gear grinding.  I'd hate to think what the game would be like if they made all dropped gear have random statistics as well, with lower and higher quality versions everywhere.  It would be the themepark version of Diablo II.

• Acidon.NumenAcidon.Numen Member Posts: 55

Which is why we have alpha access packs being sold for F2P games now.

OT, did you notice that most of the people posting were 1 post accounts?  We had a huge influx of WoW players that do not usually frequent this site.

Please Note: I'm done arguing with unreasonable people with an agenda and/or those that fail to see logic.

Argue if you must, discount my post with anti-logic and/or Hyperbole. I won't be responding any longer.