Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is unfair.

I see people that already have a beta key and they are still getting more and geting money out of it. by selling it. When you use that link, The only people that get the keys are the people with the best internet connection. In my country Kuwait, the connection here is awful comparing to other countries. I refreshed the page 500 times before i sayw500, and when i click on the link it gave me service unavailable once then after it loaded for 10 years, and i kept refreshing and when it finally worked there was no beta key. Why is this. We need a fair chance. Not all the greedy people with really good internet get all the beta keys. I had no chance even though i was 1 of the first 50 maybe to to see the 500 beta keys left page and clicked on the link. It seems iam never going to get a Beta key. Thats sad. I thought i had a chance but it seems i don't have a chance at all. :(

Comments

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

You can check Wowhead (if you have active Wow subscription), they give away 200-300 keys today. Next giveaway is just tomorrow.

Edit: (Crap) They extended it to July, 7th.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by h3llh3sc4m3
    I see people that already have a beta key and they are still getting more and geting money out of it. When you use that link, The only people that get the keys are the people with the best internet connection. In my country Kuwait, the connection here is awful comparing to other countries. I freshed the page 500 times before i say 500, and when i click on the link it kept giving me service unavailable once then after it loaded to 10 years, and i kept refreshing and when it finnaly worked there was no beta key. Why is this. We need a fair chance. Not all the greedy people with really good internet. I had no chance even thought i was 1 of the first 100 maybe to to see the 500 beta keys left page and clicked on the link. It seems im never going to get a Beta key. Thats sad. I thought i had a chance but it seems i don't have a chance at all. :(

I can't get back the last 4 hours of my life bub, I am lost for words atm and beyond angry. I am disappointed in the people that were in charge of this.  Bill is off the hook, hes away but someone should be torched and pitchforked then I would  feel a lot better.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    I see people that already have a beta key and they are still getting more and geting money out of it. by selling it. When you use that link, The only people that get the keys are the people with the best internet connection. In my country Kuwait, the connection here is awful comparing to other countries. I refreshed the page 500 times before i sayw500, and when i click on the link it gave me service unavailable once then after it loaded for 10 years, and i kept refreshing and when it finally worked there was no beta key. Why is this. We need a fair chance. Not all the greedy people with really good internet get all the beta keys. I had no chance even though i was 1 of the first 50 maybe to to see the 500 beta keys left page and clicked on the link. It seems iam never going to get a Beta key. Thats sad. I thought i had a chance but it seems i don't have a chance at all. :(

It's not their fault they live in countries with updated infrastructure. You could move or keep trying. Seems the only options for you for the near future.

• h3llh3sc4m3h3llh3sc4m3 Member Posts: 6
    Or, the people that managed this Giveaway should make it fair, Not just throw out 500 beta keys and who ever gets it first wins and those people are the people with the best internet connections. At least let us like sign up with my accounts and they choose by random or write a comment and they will pick who they want to give it to after a certain time limit. Next time just make it fair. And No way im going to LEAVE my country go to Europe or America, Find a place to live buy a connection and then log back in just to get 1. just because this people that are in charge of this aren't fair. If this was a fair way to get 1, i won't be angry I lost a lot of giveaways and i never said anything. But this is unfair and your probably 1 of those guys who just click on the link once and it works instantly. 
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    If you got one you probably wouldn't be caring about the fairness of it anymore. Let's be honest.

It's a beta for a game. Grow up and move on.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Or, the people that managed this Giveaway should make it fair, Not just throw out 500 beta keys and who ever gets it first wins and those people are the people with the best internet connections. At least let us like sign up with my accounts and they choose by random or write a comment and they will pick who they want to give it to after a certain time limit. Next time just make it fair. And No way im going to LEAVE my country go to Europe or America, Find a place to live buy a connection and then log back in just to get 1. just because this people that are in charge of this aren't fair. If this was a fair way to get 1, i won't be angry I lost a lot of giveaways and i never said anything. But this is unfair and your probably 1 of those guys who just click on the link once and it works instantly. 

Why don't you complain to your government that the rest of the world is unfair for having more bandwidth than you? Maybe games would be a lot better if they didn't have to consider slow connections as part of their money grab. Seriously, there's nothing fair or unfair about the rest of the world evolving way past your country in terms of technology, it's not our fault we advanced past the early '90's.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Seriously, if I lived somewhere with bad internet, I'd move, its that important.

But not getting a beta key isn't a reason.

Life isn't fair, get used to it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Not sure if trolling or just butthurt manchild.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Just out of curiosity. For how much is it being sold ?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Its not... i got 3 offered for free last beta contest, by people who got a key, and then realised it required an active subscription, i am however not interested in an Expansion beta....  By this time i know what to expect, and after nine years of WoWishness realises what i will like and what i dislike, withouth the need for testing

This way, i will keep things fresh for release

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TherealschroomTherealschroom Member Posts: 1

mh strange, I havee 100MB down / 50MB up and could not manage to get a key... maybe it's not the connection after all that count's.

nonetheless disappointed, i thought if you do an event like this you would have a better infrastructure.

you shoul'd have known that there would be millions of requests, resembling a DDOS attack :>

just saying

• BensorBensor Member UncommonPosts: 66

Well, I'm glad you didn't get one. You registered only for this.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by DMKano

There is no law in universe that describes"fair" - it's purely a human concept that bears no place in reality.

Fair does not exist, the more you look for it, the longer you keep yourself a victim.

Think about it.

SPOCK! Is that you?

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

This have been true popcorn worthy entertainment. The rage and angst people who over a "beta" that blizzard will be handing out keys like candy for. My lord in heaven.... It is not even a free beta.... Chill people i am sure that within a month most people here will be in one way or the other.

Mah gawd loosing hair over this.... Priorities people....

The again i guess this shows that most people have very good lives if this is what makes them flip their shit.

This have been a good conversation

• leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97

omg it just a beta key only, is not you can't live anymore without it....duh

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Its not... i got 3 offered for free last beta contest, by people who got a key, and then realised it required an active subscription, i am however not interested in an Expansion beta....  By this time i know what to expect, and after nine years of WoWishness realises what i will like and what i dislike, withouth the need for testing

This way, i will keep things fresh for release

Yep... and thats why I traded mine for Trove key ...

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Relax, we are talking about beta keys.  All will be well. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    uh....wtf you two talking about? you don't need an active account to join the beta.
This discussion has been closed.