Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's your staff confirmation - WoD Keys Gone

BlooAceBlooAce Member UncommonPosts: 6

http://puu.sh/9VSQN/98a1b6361e.png

No photoshop, no trolling.

Too bad.

How aggravating, if you ask me.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Wow... that's pretty bad on MMORPG.  The only people that would get them are botters or those who might have had info "leaked" to them.  I mean.. why else would you put keys up on an old location with no notice at all.

Bad form all around.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BlooAceBlooAce Member UncommonPosts: 6

Yes, quite disappointing really.

The remaining 4,000 keys they have to give out throughout July are to be given away through random sweepstakes, which allows people to enter over 3 days and then a random batch of members is selected.

Handled very wrongfully, Sad that only staff confirmation is from Mr. Murphy, who is not only on his phone but OUT OF COUNTRY, and has better communication than other staff members running the giveaway.

Oh well,

better luck next time.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

That's quite hilarious if true.

• MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    mmorg.com just lost my respect for doing a lousy job on this give away.

• clarynaaclarynaa Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by BlooAce

The remaining 4,000 keys they have to give out throughout July are to be given away through random sweepstakes, which allows people to enter over 3 days and then a random batch of members is selected.

Handled very wrongfully, Sad that only staff confirmation is from Mr. Murphy, who is not only on his phone but OUT OF COUNTRY, and has better communication than other staff members running the giveaway.

Oh well,

better luck next time.

Yeah, I'm sick of mishandled giveaways.  It seems to plague Blizzard.  Remember D3's keys that were stolen by bots about 30 minutes before the giveaway went up?   Blizzard should just give the keys away on battlenet.  Seriously.  Or let more people who opted in into the game.  

• GimbooGimboo Member UncommonPosts: 2

all in all i think its a fucking joke... been refreshing the view/special_offers and the old offer/529 since 3:50pm not once did was there a change an no way in hell would it not show any when its only 1/2 seconds for a refresh. 

no notification of the event... pretty piss poor system lol

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

I was able to get a key, but through sheer luck.  I figured that mmorpg.com might re-use the old giveaway page because they did the same when they got more promo keys for RIFT, and that gambit payed off.  What made it really lucky is I got inside from mowing the lawn about 5 minutes before the keys were posted.

But I do agree, how they give the keys away is kind of a sham.  They should just have a 24 or 48 hour sign up period, and then decide the winners with some program to generate the random winners from the list of those who signed up.  Seems more fair than watching the 500 keys disappear in the matter of a single minute.

• OgymanOgyman Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by clarynaa

Oh well,

better luck next time.

Yeah, I'm sick of mishandled giveaways.  It seems to plague Blizzard.  Remember D3's keys that were stolen by bots about 30 minutes before the giveaway went up?   Blizzard should just give the keys away on battlenet.  Seriously.  Or let more people who opted in into the game.  

We all remember that...

And yes, I couldn't agree more with you! Even if they partnered with many websites like MMORPG.com, they should give the majority of the beta keys though the Battlenet, so the core WoW players could get it instead of people with custom made scripts (bots!) makin' thousands of dollars selling something that is completely free (though, in a limited quantity at least for now)...

I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

• OgymanOgyman Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by nickster29

I was able to get a key, but through sheer luck.  I figured that mmorpg.com might re-use the old giveaway page because they did the same when they got more promo keys for RIFT, and that gambit payed off.  What made it really lucky is I got inside from mowing the lawn about 5 minutes before the keys were posted.

But I do agree, how they give the keys away is kind of a sham.  They should just have a 24 or 48 hour sign up period, and then decide the winners with some program to generate the random winners from the list of those who signed up.  Seems more fair than watching the 500 keys disappear in the matter of a single minute.

I must admit that I saw a thread in which someone posted the old link (used on a previous giveaway) stating that the all keys are gone. I was about to use the same link when I saw your reply stating "It was an old giveaway. Stop trolling members arround...".

Guess you're the one I should thank for missleading the people, even though you didn't know they were going to use the old page, but still...better keep your mouth shout if you aren't 100% sure of what you talk about!

Anyways, congratz to the guys who got their keys

I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Oh well,

better luck next time.

Those sweepstakes will not be any better... Take note of the sites user accounts now in the 2 million range will be 3 million when the botters have three days to create accounts  before said sweepstakes.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Well rant till their next key event, I'm sure that wont have any influence on who they pick to give keys to during their sweepstakes.
  • BlooAceBlooAce Member UncommonPosts: 6

Would have been much better to halt the giveaway until a better system could be put in place.

Or at least a faster response from the staff team.

Oh well,

I will keep positive!

Always next time.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

They got their pagehits that drive the value of the ad-space up, that is what it's about.

This "giveaway" topped the already very poor handled giveaways of Wildstar-keys, when they handed out most of their keys to botters and left out the members of this page.

I really had to laugh reading the comments all around this giveaway when before it 1 post "members" posted all these things like "could i please get a key, i would be so grateful"  and after the giveaway their 2nd posting was "you are assholes".

Anyway, i hope mmorpg.com chokes on their frequent giveaways of 5000k asian F2P grinder keys that nobody ever claims. None of the bigger studios or publishers should give this site keys anymore.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I can't believe people get so mad about free crap, given away on a first come first serve basis. The game will get released, you'll get to play, yeah people do shady BS like sell them after obtaining them, that is the way of the world. How do you think those who stand in line all night for a console release feel when they see the guy walk away with 5 of them,  4 to sell one to keep?... There's not much anyone can do about what those who get them decide to do with them.

Besides, They handle plenty of giveaways in the manner people would rather see, they don't have to handle them all that way. It's just a beta key. People made the same fuss over the Marvel character pack keys, they also sold them. I just happened to log in at the right time, got one with only 30+ left, gave it away an hour later. It's luck of the draw.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by Ogyman
    Originally posted by nickster29

I must admit that I saw a thread in which someone posted the old link (used on a previous giveaway) stating that the all keys are gone. I was about to use the same link when I saw your reply stating "It was an old giveaway. Stop trolling members arround...".

Guess you're the one I should thank for missleading the people, even though you didn't know they were going to use the old page, but still...better keep your mouth shout if you aren't 100% sure of what you talk about!

Anyways, congratz to the guys who got their keys

The OP of that specific thread was stating that all the Beta Keys were gone and given away, which he/she posted about 10 minutes before the new keys showed up.  That is the "misinformation" I was talking about.

• babs88babs88 Member Posts: 12

Bah, I was 368th in line only to get greeted by 0 keys left after a 5 min page load.

:(

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

http://tinyurl.com/kjltyk4

Sorry, just adding a little humor. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Just got a key off IGN's giveaway.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    The people who contribute here don't EVER get the keys.. if you guys are just realizing that.. welcome to MMORPG.  People under a certain participation level should be limited to giveaways.. but instead we let any person with 1 post take them.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

These beta keys are obviously very sought after items, seems Blizzard should start charging people money for them, a la ArcheAge.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Heh I really dislike the mmorpg sweepstake giveaway things but then I am biased since I am never eligible due to the gambling laws where I live.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.