Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 /03/14 Key giveaway!

demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88
Can we get a mmorpg.com mod to confirm that they used a old link without telling anyone and there are 0 keys left?

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Why would they do that?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Why would they do that?

Exactly... 3 ring circus... and no one needs to confirm it.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• EzraWoWEzraWoW Member Posts: 3
    Give us an official post! I don't know if i should go to sleep or stay up...
  • KartharionKartharion Member Posts: 10
    I second this post but chance's are you will not get a response.  It looks like there's a blackout, I have tried asking if they have been given away on Twitter and they have yet to respond.
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    If they do not respond they have more keys to give out, if they do not and allow their members clicking f5 for another 45 minutes knowing they are gone, then there is something seriously wrong with how they view us.
  • macromastiamacromastia Member UncommonPosts: 23
    meh....

• farorefarore Member UncommonPosts: 89

Sent in a ticket and got this back 

We are sorry but the keys were gone in less than a minute.  We still have 4,000 keys to give away in July and for the rest we are going to hold sweepstakes for 1,000 keys each every week.  This will give people a few days to enter into the drawing and we will randomly select the winners.

This was so much bigger of a draw than we could have anticipated.

• mcoyl445mcoyl445 Member Posts: 6

Mr. Murphy posted the following on twitter:

"all keys are out. I'm actually on travel, in another country, so I'm just now getting caught up. They have been posted."

then the following

"BUT, if you did NOT get a key today. DON'T fret. We have more. We've just been asked to space them out. More details to come."

https://twitter.com/TheBillMurphy/

• Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    The keys were posted to the old WoD Beta giveaway page at 7:58 pm EST and they were gone by 7:59. There was probably a 20 second or less window where you could have snagged one. They should have announced ahead of time what page to refresh because most people were probably waiting for a main page announcement that never came. I had been refreshing that old page since 7:00 pm and suddenly it popped stating 498 left instead of 0 and then it was right back to 0 after I claimed one. Unless they have more then 500, they're all gone for tonight.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by BlooAce

unreal...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• OgymanOgyman Member Posts: 21

Mr. Bill Murphy saying it was "badly communicated". At least he saw it with his own eyes!

And yes I agree, it wasn't badly communicated it was terrible....

I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

• kuroionikuroioni Member UncommonPosts: 26

Well, there's Bill Murphy's twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheBillMurphy

@TheBillMurphy ;· 3m

Guys, again, I've been out ALL day. I don't handle the giveaways. But yes, they were posted, and NO they won't be the last round. 1/2

@TheBillMurphy ;· 3m

I'm sorry this was badly communicated, but we're working on a better more fair way for the next batch.

@TheBillMurphy ;· 46s

The next batch will likely be a random sweepstakes giveaway. You'll have several days to enter, and we'll draw a random batch of winners.

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I would say I am going to delete my bookmark to the site, but I think I will keep it for a few days to watch the rage for how poorly this was handled and then delete it and quietly leave. 
  • warriorpoet7warriorpoet7 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by BlooAce

unreal...

Just ... wow ... no pun intended. I am officially done with MMORPG ... having been a member for years, reading- commenting only now and then when the need is there. Just awful MMOROG ... just plain awful.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

lol, some times i swear this site is ran out of someones basement. 

Originally posted by Stryx74
    The keys were posted to the old WoD Beta giveaway page at 7:58 pm EST and they were gone by 7:59. There was probably a 20 second or less window where you could have snagged one. They should have announced ahead of time what page to refresh because most people were probably waiting for a main page announcement that never came.

Same thing mate!

I was expecting an announcement on the main page, even tho i had my both eyes opened on Twitter and Facebook aswell.

I stilll can't accept the thing that the giveway was this poorly organised...

• BeardyguyBeardyguy Member Posts: 18

Keys are gone, Bills post confirms that beyond anything. 

But yes, this was absolutely terrible = 

Hopefully the next ones are much better run, using the old page was the stupidest idea in existence. 

• FuZ38FuZ38 Member CommonPosts: 1
    I got a key from the 7/03/14 giveaway and it was on the old giveaway link : http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/529
  • sipsusopulisipsusopuli Member Posts: 2
    OMG, I just lost 2,5h out of my life spamming f5, I don't even have words for how angry I'm right now, mmorpg staff really don't care about users after all. Horrible communicating and there are still probably people trying to refresh  /features/special offers page.  Its 4.30am here...    .... seriously...
  • macromastiamacromastia Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I know I don't have a huge post count but thats because the majority of posts here are crap and I don't won't to add to that BUT I have been coming to this site for several years (longer even than when I actually joined) and this sort of website management tells me that not only are the comments crap but the employees/owners are too! I'm not sure if it was done out of pure laziness and the inability to make a new post while their site was bombarded or if it was just some douche thinking it would be a good idea to post the keys on a a 5 day old thread...
    Originally posted by sipsusopuli
    OMG, I just lost 2,5h out of my life spamming f5, I don't even have words for how angry I'm right now, mmorpg staff really don't care about users after all. Horrible communicating and there are still probably people trying to refresh  /features/special offers page.  Its 4.30am here...    .... seriously...

You're not alone...

Don't forget the majority did the same. At least you've participated in the server overload, lol.