Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your biggest complaints?

TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310

So I had a few friends and guildies check out this game and so far the only negative reviews I have seen so far is that it wasnt for them. Not every game is for every person so this isnt a surprise.

But what are the biggest complaints that can actually be changed, the art style is never going to change so that puts you with the game isnt for you not something to complain about.

I just havent heard anywhere near as negative reviews and comments about this game as other recent games that have come out.

Also just as a side question, What are your favorite things in the game?

Comments

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Game is great. Can't play it right now because I am banned for third party activities that occurred twelve days ago that I thought had been resolved given that I submitted a ticket right away that has been processed to the point of waiting for item restoration.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Wildstar is an oddity to me. I liked it when I made a char, I enjoyed the questing at first, the housing was cool, the humor was ok, but at the same time the game annoyed the hell out of me in a way I can t really describe. My wife felt the exact same way, and we said it to each other almost on sync. I really can t explain it as it is a good game, but annoying at the same time. I couldn t sub to a game that I want to come home and relax in, when I actually just got annoyed and would log out.
  • TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I posted this in the one month review thread.

The game was fun leveling and the class play was enjoyable. I like how the housing works and crafting is a real joy.

There few technical problems I had will likely get worked out over the next couple of months:

• Poor Framerate: My system is older (i7/920, 9GB ram, GTX260) but even on medium I only run about 15fps. In beta I was running about 35 on high. This becomes a real drag after a while.
    • Poor Server Performance: I got a reasonable amount of disconnects, freezes, and lag. It wasn't a ton, but it was annoying and happened at the most inconvenient times.

The non-technical behaviors aren't something that will likely change:

• Community: My server, Evindra, has a nice community, but I didn't really click with it. I usually run into people adventuring and find a guild that way. I never did in this game. I rarely interacted with people in town or the open world. Chat was active and friendly, but the gaming just didn't click with me.
    • Progression: The game is focused on dungeon runners and raiders. There isn't a lot of fun progression outside of that. I do have fun in that content and it is challenging, but not very rewarding. That made it hard to get vested in my characters long term.
    • Monthly Sub - I knew my game clock was ticking and that put a lot of incentive on playing this game whether I felt like it or not. It's not the money but the fact that I'm renting a time slick and it feels like I'm wasting it if I don't take advantage of that. Thus my other games got pushed to the side. I don't like that setup. I want to game in the world I want when I want.

The long term progression and the framerates were the two main issues I had out of the above. It just isn't what I want to pay $15 a month on given those issues.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like solid complaints that could turn someone off. Progression though I feel like could change in the future though. WoW raiding has change a bunch since Vanilla. But as of now I could see how that could be a disappointment if it doesnt seem like you are working for something better.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

The graphics and art style are meant for me because i like them a lot. Unfortunately, most of the other features are not. I cant stand delaing with only 1 weapon per class in the entire game.

Questing is boring beyond generic, instead of improving the leveling experience they just copy pasted generic leveling experience from other mmos because it was easier than trying breaking the cycle for good.

The combat was fun the first couple of days, then it became a 2-3 spamfest button build build build build build finish rinse and repeat with the occasional utility skill that has long cooldown. That became boring really fast. No real skill involved, as long as your target is on a telegraph you will always hit.

The story is uninteresting and i hear a lot of people claiming that the real story starts unfolding at lvl 35. I call it shenanigans. If your game cant grab me in the first few levels then you did it wrong. Forcing the grind on people who want to be involved in the lore of the game? no ty.

Dodging is lame! I also noticed that the dodging is badly design in this game in relation to the telegraphs. In other mmos with telegraphs if you dodge at the right time you can still avoid damage inside a telegraph. On the other hand, In Wildstar the dodging is designed to move out of the telegraph faster, not to actually avoid damage in real time. That is a weak design IMO.

All these things put together and there is a mediocre game made for people who play short time then move on. Not really what i call an mmo worth of a long term subscription.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    • Monthly Sub - I knew my game clock was ticking and that put a lot of incentive on playing this game whether I felt like it or not. It's not the money but the fact that I'm renting a time slick and it feels like I'm wasting it if I don't take advantage of that. Thus my other games got pushed to the side. I don't like that setup. I want to game in the world I want when I want.

Based on this statement i would be more inclined to subscribe to mmos if i could freeze my subscription manually when i know i wont be playing, knowing that my remaining paid time will be there waiting for me to manually resume it again on my account.

This needs to become a thing, IMO.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by TankYou88

So I had a few friends and guildies check out this game and so far the only negative reviews I have seen so far is that it wasnt for them. Not every game is for every person so this isnt a surprise.

But what are the biggest complaints that can actually be changed, the art style is never going to change so that puts you with the game isnt for you not something to complain about.

I just havent heard anywhere near as negative reviews and comments about this game as other recent games that have come out.

Also just as a side question, What are your favorite things in the game?

I really like this game overall, but am playing it slowly because I am waiting for Carbine to fix some things and I do not want to get annoyed with certain aspects of the game. I play D3 as my main game at the moment. I have gone for a three month subscription though because I want to support these guys and want to play the game off and on.

What I like:

- The world. I love how bright, detailed, interesting and fun it is and I love exploring (not via the path... I don't have an explorer yet). The storylines and lore are both excellent. This is the first game in a long time where I like to just sit down and read the books I come across. The mobs are cool and many of them are really creative.

- All of the myriad things to do of which at the moment housing and exploring are my favorites.

- The classes in principle could be interesting. I like the paths, in particular the colonist and the buff machines. That is such a nice touch: I love building things for the benefit of my fellow players.

- I like the customisation of characters again in principle.

- I like the fast-paced combat overall. I might be partly masochistic because I don't mind dying several times trying to complete something because I feel so much better when I accomplish something hard.

What I don't like:

- The bugs. The bugs are everywhere and worst yet they really mess up some classes that seem as a result to be underpowered in comparison to others. I am waiting though for Carbine to fix these issues. The game is practically just out so this will take some time.

- The narrator and all of the noise. I looked to see if there was some way to turn off the narrator, but nope. All of the noise and things glaring and blaring, etc. is getting to be a bit of a turn-off. I have to be in a certain mood to play WS whereas in previous MMOs I generally had no problems logging in everyday. For me it is entirely because of the clutter, business, and unnecessary noise in the game.

- The fact that some options in the UI are all-or-nothing. I wanted to filter out the random arena invites from goldsellers but unfortunately in doing so it filters out ALL invites. Not very pratical actually...

- Performance, already been touched on.

- Emphasis on raiding in endgame. I know it might sound weird, but there is only one game that I really want to gear up in and that is D3. I would rather have other options for endgame than raiding.

- I am not sure this is an altoholic's game. I love the leveling, but I am not sure I want to do it again anytime soon.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Based on this statement i would be more inclined to subscribe to mmos if i could freeze my subscription manually when i know i wont be playing, knowing that my remaining paid time will be there waiting for me to manually resume it again on my account.

I would love that!!

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281

My biggest complaint is low frame rate. However, this only happens for me in big cities - which is pretty normal in certain mmo's.

Other than that, I am still loving this game! So many features...

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Wildstar is an oddity to me. I liked it when I made a char, I enjoyed the questing at first, the housing was cool, the humor was ok, but at the same time the game annoyed the hell out of me in a way I can t really describe. My wife felt the exact same way, and we said it to each other almost on sync. I really can t explain it as it is a good game, but annoying at the same time. I couldn t sub to a game that I want to come home and relax in, when I actually just got annoyed and would log out.

This is dead on for me and many of my friends who played the game and moved on.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    FPS FPS FPS !!!1
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Bugs are a big deal... and as stated the performance is really big too.  I don't have the best laptop, and I haven't played it on my desktop that I would imagine would run it fine,  but I always play on my laptop, which plays most games at medium and high with no issues.  I can barely run it on mostly low settings with a decent framerate.

Sometimes it runs fine... when the area isn't crowded but the game is crowded almost everywhere with mobs and people killing said mobs.

I do like that you don't HAVE to pay a sub and get cred instead,  but in the early levels money is so tough to come by you really need to buckle down if you don't want to pay for your first month

I like the classes but I really DON'T like waiting all the way until 30 to unlock your last skill slot,  just doesn't make sense.  around 25 I was like... "This is where I should have gotten my final skill slot".   Its a silly way for progression to take place -- and in beta you got your slots much quicker.  They already have ways to spend your points and customize your builds, theres no reason to hold back on skill slots.

I also think a lot of quests should give a little more XP,  I mean I'd like to see a decrease in leveling curve.  I don't mind putting in the work to level, but again -- with the skill slot thing -- some quests give you so little xp, they are truly meaningless filler. Make everything worth the time you spend on it, thats how I feel.

I like the combat, so I disagree with the guy above complaining about the dodging.  Granted the only thing I WOULD change on this is, not ALL of the enemies have telegraphed moves,  some of them are kind of like an *autoattack* that hits as long as you're in LOS.  This is the opposite of how players moves and attacks are,  on all of our moves we see where they're going,  so it should be the same for enemies.  This makes some red mobs impossible to solo, simply because you can't see where or when they're firing at you to dodge or get out of LOS.  Its possible its a bug... but who knows.

Other than that, again I reiterate -- bugs and hackers.   thats all I can think of right now.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Combat is terrible. No legitimate feedback from attacks make it very floaty. Animations are very floaty, as well, and don't enhance the combat at all. Bots are rampant. The amount of bugs is a bit extreme.

I've since quit playing Wildstar and I doubt I'll go back... but hey, Carbine got 80 bucks out of me, so I guess they win.

• Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    My main issue is that it's too "hardcore". Leveling is a god awfully boring grind for the sake of a grind. I just don't have enough time in the day to play games like I used to so only getting to lvl 25 after a month is unacceptable in a subscription game. At least in WoW I can still feel like I've made meaningful progression in the short amount of time I have to play. Wildstar wouldve been the absolute perfect game for me three years ago but I have too much of a life now. The game is great and them launching with so much content should become the new industry standard. I just don't have enough time in the day to play the game and feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Perfect game though for those wishing WoW was more hardcore.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Its a cartoon themepark.  that's my biggest complaint.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Alright, let me crack my knuckles and give my complaints. Tough love as they say.

1.) Questing Tedium - The biggest complaint of many and I agree. It has some good moments at times, but I feel they missed out having much more options to change up quests and just give variety. Having more events or other occurances would help to cut down the feeling. I think an issue that makes this worst is the fact that your much more limited in games. Dungeons are essencially a huge no no as their difficulty even normal modes will destroy most players who are so use to being handed everything. I just feel like they could of added more variety outside just straight up quests. More little events that happen dynamically (Or heck even statically like GW2 given they aren't overdone) could of really made things more interesting. 

2.) Gold Sinks - I don't mind AS much, but I do feel its an issue on some levels. Gold in Wildstar is a pain to get and maintain. Early on they are VERY stingy on it making it tricky to have just enough to get the mount, usually skipping on picking up all your skills in exchange. Its an issue that is nullified 1-2 levels after as you will get enough gold to support yourself, but its still an iffy point. It really feels like they nickle and dime you in far to many places far to strictly. It could be trimmed in areas for sure. That said, I don't mind it using these as a way to keep the market from inflating quickly. Thing like amp resets should cost less (perhaps having a componding cost to them the more you do it in a certain time frame) 

3.) Optimization - I am one of those AMD users and as such I get the optimization issues. Granted its not typically bad, but it does cause issues. They are making fixes to it though they still got work ahead of them to optimize it further.

4.) Adventures - Something that is going to be fixed, but still general an issue. Adventures can actually be quite interesting with mechanics, but they really can drag down as well. Medals tend to drag the adventures down making things feel more tedius. It will be fixed when medals won't dictate the quality of loot, but it does unfortunately make them feel a bit tedius at times.

5.) Crafting Technologist/cooking - Crafting I think its great in this game. Unfortunately technoligies reall sucks. The element of randomness really makes it annoying to craft some things, with added cost to the creation that really makes it suck when your crafting, spending over 1g on say trying to make a specific medishot, only to have it miss the node to make potions not able to remotely cover the cost you spent making it in the first place.

6.) Class Balance - Granted no game is balanced... but holy Crap. Warriors are pretty much God Tier right now with Spell Slingers in PvP just being broke with their burst. It really is something that I feel needs to be addressed quicker. Warriors in particular have very little down sides to them at all, while being the easiest class in game to play. Best CC (3 potential interupts with less then 20 second cool down, when most classes can have only 1-3 with usually 30 second CD. ), Best damage, Best Tank mitigation, only thing they have any issues with is threat. Its an expected issue but one that does make me shake my head how lopsided it is right now and that it hasn't at least been tuned down to some extent.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

This is really shallow because I'm a supporter of the saying that graphics don't make the game, but i absolutely despise the character art which made it really hard for me to get into wildstar at all.

I can't quite explain why, It's just not my thing.

• PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Just to me seems as bland and un-inspiring as all the other modern MMO's.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Purutzil

2.) Gold Sinks - I don't mind AS much, but I do feel its an issue on some levels. Gold in Wildstar is a pain to get and maintain. Early on they are VERY stingy on it making it tricky to have just enough to get the mount, usually skipping on picking up all your skills in exchange. Its an issue that is nullified 1-2 levels after as you will get enough gold to support yourself, but its still an iffy point. It really feels like they nickle and dime you in far to many places far to strictly. It could be trimmed in areas for sure. That said, I don't mind it using these as a way to keep the market from inflating quickly. Thing like amp resets should cost less (perhaps having a componding cost to them the more you do it in a certain time frame) 

I'd think the Gold issue ties to Credd, easy gold means easy free time :). The costs are something else entirely, if gold is hard to maintain they do need a balance there, while Credd shouldn't come to a player easily, other things are more necessary.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

For me personally, I find the character models and animations are absolutely awful, the quests are dull and nothing but a chore, the story is incredibly slow to start, and I just had no interest in it (though only played to 14), and the skill system just kept ringing in the back of my head as clunky and annoying.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

i broke down and bought into the hype..

1st off lemme say cartoony type grafix turn me off but i gave it a shot anyways cuz i like to try out everything

i had 1 char early 30's and like 3 char's high 20's

the pvp was a friggin joke weather it was the bots randomly doing nothing in pvp or ppl just Q'ing up just to lose and gain quick / GOOD xp rather than questing.. just to lvl faster..it was pathetic

the quest grind is also a joke..people will call em task or w/e the "hubs / tasks / quests" are all the same and im not saying that because its a theampark mmo..iv played many other theampark mmo's and they sway the quests differently to put you into the game, but in this game is SO blatant that they dont even care ..and when i say "grind" thats what it is..a GRIND! like in Asian mmo's..when a mmorpg becomes more of a TASK to play its just not fun..id go play a sandbox or f2p Asian mmo for that

crafting was meh..really easy i had most of my toons out crafting my lvl ..but the nodes became a pain in the ass with bots blinking super fast / racing me to the node resulting in the WTF moments like in pvp

now there are ppl out there to this day saying they have never seen bots in the game...EVER..i call BS or they just have no clue wth a bot looks or acts like in game..pl say they have cracked down on the bot problem but idc it has ruined the game for me in many ways but overall its the GAME its self that is not very good at all

the overall score this site gives is a 8.4 i think...imo its a hard 7  ..maybe 6.8 but im not one of the sheep soo..yea i didnt care for it

so id rank it like this : 1-10 : with 10 scoring high 1 scoring low

questing/tasks/hubs"w/e you wanna call it" = 1 ..total grind and same stuff over n over..no really its the same! no joke!

pvp = 5 ..riddled with bots and ppl wanting to lose..gives too much xp and a huge spam fest

grafix = 5 ..its better than wow if thats saying much? i just perfer more realistic fantasy type grafics and the char models look like something form Saturday morning cartoons on tv

crafting = 5 its easy mode crafting in a theampark..nuttin to jump up n down about and not even really expecting much more

but this is what i dislike if your asking me..everyone is different you could love it

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

I quit at Level 27 as I could no longer drag myself to login and do those awful, dull, spammy, hundred-something quests that are all over the map.

Questing ruins this game - most of everything else is pretty good, though I didn't do any more than the first dungeon as all of my groups wiped on the first boss and as I have a busy life, I couldn't be arsed to sit at the computer for 10 hours just to kill a boss and get next to nothing for it.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

Until now i m fully enjoying the game. My only wish is to continue adding content of the same quality and with the same fast pace.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

Have you SEEN Warplots?

Nope...

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

The combat is fun, and fun for raids.

However for a melee stalker in pvp its a bit more challenging than other classes just to have sustained dps that actually hits the mark since players like to move a lot, even with healers making them have reason to move less.

There could be more VO for the main story.

Text size for chat/quests. Its too small.

More Variety for small pvp

Make paths more accessible.

Overall not much to add to improve on the game but the combat for pvp as a melee class is a serious issue with no tab targetting, when comparing to other classes and how much easier it is for them to play.

My personal preference would have been maybe to design the game a bit differently as well, but I think their approach works well enough, and I would be picky in suggesting those ideas. Such as day/night cycles, dynamic events, design areas with open world pvp and questing in mind. So certain areas are for more solo questing, while others are in contested zones (same lvl bracket) and designed with that in mind (its an issue since it seems they made questing over lapp 100% which is nto so bad but certain servers will have population imbalance and they did not design their game for that).

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

The sub only guys still refuse to acknowledge this type of behaviour exists.   In fact they try to make the argument that subs are more likely to retain players.  I think the opposite is more of a truth.

I agree with you rojo, the sub model needs to change into more of a pay as you play model versus just a monthly fee.  Then this player would likely still be playing the game despite the faults he mentioned.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!