Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swordsman: Hero's Pack Purchase Grants Early Access

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment has announced that a new Hero's Pack is available for purchas for Swordsman Online. The pack grants several in-game items as well as early access to the open beta. The Hero's Pack retails for $59.99.

• Blazing Stallion Mount - As quickly as tinder goes up in flame, this steed carries you across Jianghu. Featuring the fastest sprint speed of any mount in game, you will be able to close in on your foes before they even know you’re nearby!

• Blade Apprentice Scroll - It’s lonely at the top, unless you have your very own apprentice. Mold young minds in your image with this scroll that grants you access to a unique companion once you have reached Lv25.

• Ring of Valor - Make sure you’re never weak with this unique Legendary Ring. With a boost of extra stats right from the beginning of the game, it can be upgraded and re-identified to increase in power with you.

• Nomad Body/Head Fashion - Why bother simply being the best, when you could also look it? This exclusive fashion set will make it obvious you know which end of your sword is the pointy one!

• East Sector Treasure x600 - Skip the lines and get to the front of the boss summoning queue with enough Treasure to tempt the boss Tien Bokgan out of hiding. Challenging this boss is the fastest way to acquire 5-star gear.

• Mithril x10 - Sell to an NPC for a large sum of in-game currency that can be traded with other players for items, ZEN, and more!

Find out more on the Swordsman Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Why do you need a mount with auto pathing? Just hit go and watch tv.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Dreamo84

Right? And to think they were going on about how this would be the best Wuxia MMORPG in the West. The action combat that you see in the videos with the characters jumping from roof to roof and sailing across the sky isn't even possible unless it's a scripted part of a quest where you have to push a certain button and then it automatically does it for you.

I was pretty disappointed when I discovered this. Guess we still have to wait until 2020 when Blade & Soul will finally go into CB in the NA.

Smile

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It's actually very strange that a lot of the Asian MMORPG games come with auto pathing. I haven't been able to figure out why people like it so much. The first time I saw it was in Atlantica where you could click on any npc or any character name or any location and your character would just auto move to wherever. So I would spend a majority of my time in that game alt tabbed waiting to get somewhere. Next I saw it in a couple other free to play games that were just generic korean grinders so I didn't think much of it at the time. The biggest one was Age of Wushu had a form of it and it just completely made me not want to play the game for some reason. Now it's an advertisement for the games? Don't play the game just let it walk for you.
  • eastdeltaceastdeltac Member Posts: 2

Auto pathing is meh to me if its there I use it if it isn't I'm fine with that too. Some of the translations in this game are horrible so auto pathing can actually be useful. The biggest problem this game has is pk botting. It's already a problem and has turned me off this game. There is such a huge difference in power between toons below lvl 40 than those over lvl 40. The second you spawn in and area you dead if your the lowbie. There are already bots  camping the ONLY spawn point in lower zones just waiting to kill you. I ended up quitting after being killed for the 6th time just trying to get a quest done because  I couldn't even get into the zone I needed to be in. Good luck lvling when you can't get any exp because of bots. 

And people will say "learn to pk" but you don't even have a chance to defend yourself. I'm the first to admit I'm a terrible pvp'er, never been my strong point in games, but I do always give it a try and sometimes even manage to whack someone before I die. I'm not the only one who has quit the CBT over the pk botting issue, and the easiest way to solve it would be to have a pve server and a pvp server. There are already programs being sold that make the bots so unless they find a way to block them are change the pvp system by the time this games goes live, the only people playing will be the bots.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Right? And to think they were going on about how this would be the best Wuxia MMORPG in the West. The action combat that you see in the videos with the characters jumping from roof to roof and sailing across the sky isn't even possible unless it's a scripted part of a quest where you have to push a certain button and then it automatically does it for you.

I was pretty disappointed when I discovered this. Guess we still have to wait until 2020 when Blade & Soul will finally go into CB in the NA.

A bit of misinformation there but whatever. Also I can tell you didn't get to 30 if you think you can auto path everywhere. Try to auto path your way everywhere beyond 32ish just makes you a free kill for PKers.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Here's an idea people just don't use auto-pathing. It's an option and options are good and better than none at all. Hero packs seems a tad pricey but I'm not sure what all those goods mean in game for value. I just did the $10.

I like this game especially the Asian dialog and sub titles, gives a nice Asian feel, better than hacked up english translation. One thing that stood out for me is the animations for quest items.They're done quite well each one are different depending on the quest.  Devs spent some serious time on that for sure. Graphics are nice and combats allot of fun. I'm looking forward to launch.

• auratheoranauratheoran Member Posts: 1
    Hence the applicatory method is to rely on toiletry to amend the appearance and beauty features. But are these toiletries really sound for the embody? Toiletry detrimental to the rind based on the point of chemicals and toxins in the fluid. http://brillartupiel.com/
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

You don't have to use the auto pathing so why complain about it?  Just an option for people.  

What  I see is this is not a very good game to start with.  Just another PW game that they can milk the playerbase for the necessary things in the item shop.  I never mind paying for a game, but all PW games are just out right gambling.  Just try to be competitive in PVP in any PW game without using the item shop gambling.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Roin

A bit of misinformation there but whatever. Also I can tell you didn't get to 30 if you think you can auto path everywhere. Try to auto path your way everywhere beyond 32ish just makes you a free kill for PKers.

Misinformation? You can't really fly or jump from building to building unless it's scripted. That is not misinformation.

Smile

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Roin

Misinformation? You can't really fly or jump from building to building unless it's scripted. That is not misinformation.

You actually can do that, granted some areas have the dreaded invisible wall.  You get a triple jump, long distance glide, sprint, and water walk...plus whatever else I haven't found yet.

What *is* disappointing is the lack of acrobatics allowed within school grounds.  This is particularly noticeable when you are PvP'ing in your school.