Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two MILLION People Are Playing Tera? o.O

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Wouldn't surprise me, it's a great game, much better than a few I won't mention to be safe.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Not just two million...but two million just in North America.... o.0

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Storman1977
    Not just two million...but two million just in North America.... o.0

I know, right. That would put it squarely in the same arena as SWToR, and well ahead of most other games. Not bad, Tera, not bad.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    With almost two million active registered players (and counting!) in North America... etc.

registered accounts not active ones. there are f2p games with 50mil, 100mil etc registered acounts. 2mil is not much for a f2p mmo.

btw tera na has only 6 server. how could 2mil active players work fine on only 6 server (tera has the classic server system). just remember when gw2 hit the 2mil sold games they had somethin around 30 (guess even more) server.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

That is a problem with the F2P style of games, lack of REAL numbers.

2 Million registered users truly means nothing. You can't derive information from that other than that there have been 2 million accounts created. You don't know how many people are actively playing per day or week. You do not know how many people are paying money. You do not know how many of those registered accounts are created by the same user (ie. multiple free accounts so you can run quests with a group all from the same keyboard).

You don't even know how many of the accounts are those of gold sellers/botters/other nefarious things where they keep constantly creating new accounts as the others are being tracked/monitored/closed.

Registered users is a pretty useless number.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by khartokhar3
    With almost two million active registered players (and counting!) in North America... etc.

registered accounts not active ones. there are f2p games with 50mil, 100mil etc registered acounts. 2mil is not much for a f2p mmo.

btw tera na has only 6 server. how could 2mil active players work fine on only 6 server (tera has the classic server system). just remember when gw2 hit the 2mil sold games they had somethin around 30 (guess even more) server.

haha i was going to say just that. THe link OP posted has an update saying its not 2 mil active players lol.

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    its f2p sigh..
  • senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

That is a problem with the F2P style of games, lack of REAL numbers.

2 Million registered users truly means nothing. You can't derive information from that other than that there have been 2 million accounts created. You don't know how many people are actively playing per day or week. You do not know how many people are paying money. You do not know how many of those registered accounts are created by the same user (ie. multiple free accounts so you can run quests with a group all from the same keyboard).

You don't even know how many of the accounts are those of gold sellers/botters/other nefarious things where they keep constantly creating new accounts as the others are being tracked/monitored/closed.

Registered users is a pretty useless number.

+1

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

That sounds a lot more realistic. When I read the article, they said "active players". Two million registered accounts is ok, but not a super big deal and a lot more inline with the impression I had of the game.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Tera is great. And I can clearly see more and more ppl playing with each week. Major cities are full of ppl and there are generally no problems with finding groups for bams or instances. Keep up the good work tera team!
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by mWo4life
    Tera is great. And I can clearly see more and more ppl playing with each week. Major cities are full of ppl and there are generally no problems with finding groups for bams or instances. Keep up the good work tera team!

I don't know what the real number of active players are but the serves are far from dead ( like you said ) so it doesn't really matter. The game is improving and they're adding more things to do so it's always worth going back to. It's just too bad it's not a game I can play all the time month after month.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I played for 6 hrs or so yesterday and today.

The server I was on was alive and kicking. People everywhere I went. I can believe it.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

This exactly. Especially the part about the servers.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by SirFubar

This exactly. Especially the part about the servers.

GW2's 30 servers a year after launch are some of the most isolated servers i have seen in all the MMOs i have played so far. And this coming from someone who has played on the "Full" servers at peaktime (Blackgate/Sea of Sorrows). Except for starter areas (sometimes even that for which i resort to guesting to Tarnished Coast), most of the game feels isolated. People will either be in LA or camping dragons. Pretty sure GW2's server limit is quite low. Even SWTOR felt to me as containing more people overall throughout the leveling phase than GW2.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Six active servers? Even if full all the time means no more the about 200k active players, and that's being generous.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• niknaisniknais Member UncommonPosts: 10
    "active" is not "online". I can be active player if I only play it once in the week, so these numbers can be quite accurate. 
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by niknais
    "active" is not "online". I can be active player if I only play it once in the week, so these numbers can be quite accurate. 

Necro on this old thread.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• OminousDawnOminousDawn Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by niknais

Necro on this old thread.

It may be necro but the point is still relevant.  Tera servers are packed and kicking.  There is little denying that the game is fun and packed servers make the game a blast to play.  Played yesterday and it felt like when I played it when it was released so many players all over the place.  People are beginning to realize that Tera is an oasis in the desert of bland games out right now. 

The game you are looking for requiring no PvE completion and where you can just jump in and start mindlessly shooting at people is that way - >>>>

... it's called an FPS.

Quit ruining the MMORPG genre with your constant "PvE grind" whines.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

With almost two million active registered players (and counting!) in North America,

That's registered players.

I'm a registered player have rarely play. Not that I don't like the game I love it. But at cap what do I do? run instances? For gear.

bs on that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

So because some people might not play or like Tera it's suprising the game is doing well?

Gratz to Tera, it aint my game but instead shouldn't we be happy there are so many gamers enjoying a game?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    How many people are online concurrently is the real number we want to know, not that many companies have the nerve to share such info.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Reklaw

So because some people might not play or like Tera it's suprising the game is doing well?

Gratz to Tera, it aint my game but instead shouldn't we be happy there are so many gamers enjoying a game?

Not at all. To accept that reality means one has to come to terms with the truth that their beliefs that no one really likes these games, no one plays beyond 30 days and these games are dying are both false a ridiculous. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

to be honest the game is good enough to warrant having a decent player base.

it aint perfect but neither is any other game.  It probably contributed quite a bit to the "mmo do not have to have boring combat" movement which is a good thing.  I am happy to have it on my system and play it now and then... maybe will play it a lil more while i take that eve cooldown that all eve players need every few months :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220

that is very good point you made about servers.

also number of paying accounts is what important. i still play rift and swtor from time to time but i spend $$ rarely on any one of those games meaning even if they count me as active player i basically worthless for both of games and counting me as active player means nothing.

however  i buy gw2-gem card for 25 euro every month now gw2 can count me as active-paying account which is worth for them and that is what matters. 

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by mWo4life

I don't know what the real number of active players are but the serves are far from dead ( like you said ) so it doesn't really matter. The game is improving and they're adding more things to do so it's always worth going back to. It's just too bad it's not a game I can play all the time month after month.

Exactly. The game is fun but it gets repetitive more or less soon. I never had any problem finding groups quickly. I actually did most of my leveling in dungeons, and many ppl do, so population is healthy.