Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned? For ABSOLUTLY NOTHIONG

UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

Had the game since Friday.  Played it about 10 - 15 hours.  I got two characters up to level 10.  I've been exploiting?   This company is insane with an out of control ban stick.  I am seriously PO'd.

Comments

• SrimeisterSrimeister Member Posts: 1

My friend just got a similar email and hadn't been playing the game for a week.  He cancelled when he got no response, so did his friend who brought him to the game and I won't be buying it, apparently.

Way to go, Wildstar!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Uproar

Had the game since Friday.  Played it about 10 - 15 hours.  I got two characters up to level 10.  I've been exploiting?   This company is insane with an out of control ban stick.  I am seriously PO'd.

Sorry to hear that. Serious question, are you disabled in any way that requires you to run third party addons for your mouse or keyboard so that you can play?

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TheQuietGamerTheQuietGamer Member Posts: 317
    Don't worry, Support should resolve the issue in 6-8 weeks.  
  • UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

No disabled features.   Only running a few add-ons.  All of them where downloaded from Curse.

Only thing I can figure is maybe Adware by lavasoft - it keeps flipping my screen and telling me I need to update it -- but that happens periodically -- like once or twice an hour.

I just did a virus check and adware -- nothing.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

No disabled features.   Only running a few add-ons.  All of them where downloaded from Curse.

Only thing I can figure is maybe Adware by lavasoft - it keeps flipping my screen and telling me I need to update it -- but that happens periodically -- like once or twice an hour.

Just make a support ticket? Dont see why people need to come to forums before they even try to resolve the issue. If you have tried and have not been able to fix it, by all means spread the word. 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by andre369

Just make a support ticket? Dont see why people need to come to forums before they even try to resolve the issue. If you have tried and have not been able to fix it, by all means spread the word. 

Have you tried their support?

I currently have two cases open. One for more than a week now without a response!

Their support is appaling!  But hey.... it's NCSoft.... so nothing new. /Facepalm

So if the OP really is innocent. I wish him luck with NCSoft support.

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297

NExt question. Did you have a 2 step authenticator attached to your account?

If not, then their is your answer. If you truly believe you didnt do anything to warrant a ban, then you were hacked and someone used your account to bot or gold spam. It happens. Especially if you dont have additional security on your account. 

You cant blame carbine for that.

If you want I can tell if you post a Screen shot of your Processes running in task manager and services at start up.

1. Win Key + R, then type mspaint, leave that open to paste images into

2. Win Key + R, then type msconfig, click on startup tab and alt+print screen it then ctrl+v it into MS Paint

3. Win Key + R, then type taskmgr, click on processes tab and alt+print screen that ctrl+v it into MS Paint

Then post it to image shack or whatever floats your boat for image hosting and let me have a quick look, might spot something out of the norm that you silly software didn't.

Here is mine for example:

• NorewonNorewon Member UncommonPosts: 100

OP did you have the 2-step authenticator?

if not you may have been hacked and carbines policy like or not is compromised/botted accounts are locked until they are secured again, its part of the ban-hammer they have been using

There are countless threads on the Wildstar forums of people who have been hacked and banned and all of them do not use the two-step verification ( similar to WoW's ) where as there are NO hacked accounts that use the 2 step.

Its something Carbine has been promoting from before release even give you a exp boost when you have it. When you login its there before you enter world....

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

Another thread with minimal information by the Op.

First question is the definition of banned, since the internet has twisted the meaning over the years.

So were you "banned" as in permanent account closure, or do you actually mean "suspended" as in a temporary stop pending an investigation.

Can you access the official forums? Did make a post there? Have you created a support ticket?

Did you actually read the official post, where they said some legitimate players could get caught up in there big bans on bots, and they would un-ban them as quickly as they could?

Were you afking in battlegrounds?

You made reference to exploiting in your post, apparently that was what they accused you of? Did you try to do some exploits you saw in a video or on a forum post?

What addons specifically did you use, maybe one of them causes a false indication?

If you just wanted to post a complain post.....uh ok, sure...if you really want assistance then you need more than 2 lines, otherwise nobody cares, its not our money if you want to just give up.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I really happy for you keep up the good exploits. You do not get banned for nothing!
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    I also have about 20 rl friends + 40 guild m8's who were banned without doing anything.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Originally posted by Elsabolts
    I really happy for you keep up the good exploits. You do not get banned for nothing!

I disagree to a point, but you are mostly right.  The software can flag a false positive but it does its job pretty good at catching those running third party tools to hack, say teleporting and afk botting.

I am almost 99% sure that there is more to this story....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by kikosforever
    I also have about 20 rl friends + 40 guild m8's who were banned without doing anything.

Sure you do..... not buying it, unless you're all a bunch of cheaters or really, really bad at account security.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    I guess this explains why I only saw 2 players on Widow in the starter area yesterday. Everyone must have been banned? Total ghost town.
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by andre369

Have you tried their support?

I currently have two cases open. One for more than a week now without a response!

Their support is appaling!  But hey.... it's NCSoft.... so nothing new. /Facepalm

So if the OP really is innocent. I wish him luck with NCSoft support.

I have, most my cases were resolved in 2-3days. I hate them for not having live chat. But yes, I do have to say. OP does not mention anything about their CS so I assume he has not even tried. 

• NorewonNorewon Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Perjure
    I guess this explains why I only saw 2 players on Widow in the starter area yesterday. Everyone must have been banned? Total ghost town.

Or it could be that the starter zone is phased so there are not over crowding since Widow showed High last night when I logged on :)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Perjure

No, it is nowhere near a ghost town. If you go into the main city it hardly loads on my pc because of how many people are running around everywhere. There may not have been many people starting new characters yesterday when you played at that exact moment, but I have ran into people almost everywhere i have been, every concentrated area of mobs has at least 2 or more people in it, and I"m only level 25. Plenty of world pvp too in the zone I'm in.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

With that many people getting banned, sounds like some fansite got hacked or something and a lot of people who use same login credentials over multiple sites got their accounts jacked.

I really thought one time passwords were more ingrained into online players these days.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Three causes.

ONE your account was hacked by using a password from another game or website.  So moderators closed your account after your account was misused.

TWO you actually did something but are just pissed about it.

THREE and the least likely cause, you did someone that wasn't breaking the EULA but was miss-interpreted as such with their automated detection code.

• siicAdelicsiicAdelic Member Posts: 31

LOL havent played in almost 2 weeks but went to check my account from reading this thread and yup banned as well.

And yes I use the goggle authenticator on my account.

I guess no big loss seeing as I havent played in 2 weeks.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    another issue is the game will lock your account if norton is running in the background. they are working on a fix but yea.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I don't even play the game yet I know they banned 7300 accounts and stated that many of them were legit players who had their accounts compromised.  

Not their fault if you're downloading add-ons and not using an authenticator. 

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I never understood this add-on business.  I'm not saying add-ons got you banned, but someone did mention it as a possibility.  I figure If I can't download and play the game as presented then I'm not playing. If I need an add-on to play a game then I don't play the game. 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

There is no such thing as banned for nothing.

1.) You weren't using the authenticator and as such got hacked and banned.

2.) You were botting whether afk bot or other means and got banned for it.

3.) You found an exploit and exploited it.

4.) You were accidentally banned, something that is extremely unlikely.

I'd assume likely 1 or 2. Spamming messages for this is useless, either way it is YOUR fault.  Reusing the same password for everything isn't good, and if you are botting, well then I don't think anyone alive would be against your banning.