Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Founder Pack Giveaway!

Comments

• StressedStressed Member Posts: 1
    My best Warhammer 40k experience was to discover the real deepness of its lore for the first time!
  • fR0z3nS0u1fR0z3nS0u1 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Not really into tabletop... yet. But I'm totally fond of plastic figurines and my best friend just had to do me a 'favor' and gift me with an assault squad of 10 marines.

... now I have an assault squad of fully painted Salamanders and a couple of dreadnoughts on the way.

• iFruitiFruit Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Whatever, just want a free expensive pack, please.
  • kingtofukingtofu Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Had all the DOW pc games and expansions. Best memory was me and 7 friends setting up our pc,s and having an all weeking lan jamming Dawn of War Soulstorm from Friday evening to sunday night. Awesome weekend fueled by soda and pizza. miss those old lans.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    My favorite experience was first time I saw orc with guns:)

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• CyriakusCyriakus Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Starting out with Chaos Gate, I found my passion for 40K. The fact I commanded an entire chapter on a quest to recover stolen Chapter Relics is indelibly burned into my memory. I have since gone through all of the PC games, as many of the novels as I could and started to form a tabletop Space Wolf army from the remnants of friends bits and armies. 
  • flexibletickflexibletick Member Posts: 1

Reading the book "warhammer 40k battle of the fang" has been the most memorable experience. The image of the awesome and magnificent fortress of the space wolves against the power of the thousand sons, as 1 great company held against many and legends of the past came to life in all their glory, Magnus the red, traitor primarch and Bjorn the Fell-Handed, venerable dreadnought. Its an epic battle that will stay with me and give me strength. 

My favorite warhammer game experience would be playing Warhammer 40,000 space marine at 2am in the morning with a friend and meeting a french woman and russian man who played and spoke with such enthusiasm that it was just inspiring. 

Venerate the immortal emperor. 

• MiksosMiksos Member UncommonPosts: 2

My favorite moment was when the space marine game came out i was a little short on money back then so i didnt buy it but a week or so after my birthday a friend of mine bought it for a present.

I was so excited to feel like a space marine, killing orks whit mine bollter  and a chainsword and later when i got a power hammer and a jetpack it was awsome.

If this game is as half as good as space marine il be super happy.

• MiksosMiksos Member UncommonPosts: 2

My favorite moment was when the space marine game came out i was a little short on money back then so i didnt buy it but a week or so after my birthday a friend of mine bought it for a present.

I was so excited to feel like a space marine, killing orks whit mine bollter  and a chainsword and later when i got a power hammer and a jetpack it was awsome.

If this game is as half as good as space marine il be super happy.

• machajasmachajas Member UncommonPosts: 47
    My best Warhammer 40k experience? When I got into closed beta of Dawn of War and first heard the voice of Gabriel Angelos... Even the memory gives me shivers :D Sooo awesome...

Born from blood,
    trained to kill,
    ready to die,
    but never will!

• r3volt21r3volt21 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    My best and def most memorable exp was when my friends didn't believe I painted my chaos Kharn the betrayer myself saying it "looked 2 good" and "a pro must have painted it" lol.
  • iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    My favorite WH40k experience was the first time I played Dawn of War 1 and built a Dreadnaught and saw it destroy Orks. I was utterly amazed and fell in love instantly!
  • sayne1337sayne1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    My favourite Warhammer 40k experience was the first time I was introduced to the universe - reading the book Eisenhorn by Dan Abnett - finished reading the Omnibus in no time, and I was hooked - I have since bought a Space Wolf army and even have tried RPing in the world.
  • xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49
    My favorite tabletop experience was when I wiped out a Tau Command Squad with a Doom of Malan'tai. The look on the other player was just priceless.
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Warhammer 40k was the first tabletop experience I have ever had, so it will always be special to me. I think the best part about it for me was painting my own units, which made them a lot closer to me.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• CouldronCouldron Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Dawn of War (2), maybe last truly addictive RTS for me.
  • AeradurAeradur Member Posts: 3
    My best experience was in the Pen & Paper RPG version of WH40K. We were playing as a couple of children who got found by a Space Marine chapter and were being raised to be Space Marines. Lots of laughs and sadly dead puppies...
  • kabuki77kabuki77 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    My favorite experience with Warhammer 40K tabletop was playing with my friends on my fathers garage. We wer playing for days in summer including all night long... great times :)
  • FPSmaniacFPSmaniac Member Posts: 1
    Ya'll heard about the Grand Update on Project Blackout?

It's an online FPS game, also F2P.
    It's been some year since I've been playing it, and recently they opened stunning events for the Grand Updte.
    Also, the overall interface and graphics has changed. Come over and join me.
    More players, more fun guys!

This is the official website: us.fps-pb.com
  • KraznaKrazna Member Posts: 1
    Reading the Horus Heresy books has been incredible. Specially prospero burns!
  • branko7171branko7171 Member Posts: 12
    The original Dawn of War. That kind of action in an RTS game was something I haven't experienced before. All the while the units where shouting things like : "For the Emperor!", "Burn the heretic, kill the mutant, purge the unclean". It really appealed to the zealot in me :)
  • KipkuliganKipkuligan Member Posts: 1
    It was the first time I was playing a W40k tabletop tournament in high school. I had a Tau army, and reach the final by destroying a chaos army led by Abbadon. I fought Astartes for the last battle, and at the end, only my commander was standing, next to an airdrop module and 4 tactics spaces marines. I aim the module with my meltagun, took the only roll I had for this weapon and shoot... blowing up the module whose explosion killed the astartes next to it, granted me the victory
  • DromaludaireDromaludaire Member Posts: 1

Love the Universe, never played the game but liked paint figs.

• SkavenapsSkavenaps Member UncommonPosts: 67
    my fav time with 40k universer is when i play with my mates to Dark Heresy or Deathwatch PnP RPG. Amazing times each few weeks when loads of alines die in the name of the emperator.
  • stryker67stryker67 Member Posts: 14
    I love playing Space Marine, but I also just like going to my local GW bunker and watching the 40K players battle it out.
This discussion has been closed.