Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Project Zomboid -- A Steam Summer Sale Gem

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A bit of peer pressure from my group of friends got me to break down and pick up 7 Days to Die during the sale, but I did not last long with that title. What it did do for me, however, is give me a bit of an itch for a zombie game experience, and that’s when I noticed Project Zomboid on sale for $10.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Project Zomboid -- A Steam Summer Sale Gem.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I bought them both as well but am still playing 7 days to die and enjoying it. So I have not tried Project Zomboid Yet.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    I really want to get this game. It being in alpha stage is what is preventing me from buying. I'd hate to hosed by a update that would mean I would have to restart from scratch.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Stop buying the games. Problem solved.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    SHOVEL KNIGHT JUST CAME OUT!!!!! but it's not on sale... lol dangit.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    Stop buying the games. Problem solved.

I CAN'T!

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

I bought this game 2 or 3 years ago (was still in alpha...) and last I remember hearing someone  broke in the devs house and stole their computer along with all the work (or something like that) and the game was in limbo...

So now they are on steam?

Honestly, dont waste your money- Game is a cool idea, cool concept and even fun in the alpha state- Its also in perpetual "development" and if it hasnt moved past alpha by now- What are they doing?

I remember all the promises, the features, the things they were going to add- And I remember also the excuses, the drama (wonder how much was deleted off their official website forums) and the snails pace of development.

Honestly , I thought they had quit....

Maybe I will fire up my copy I bought LONG ago and see what changed (if anything)-

This could have been (and possibly still might be) a pretty cool game but my faith isnt with this one anymore 

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    game might be down to $10 in about an hour if it wins community choice

Steam: Neph

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I absolutely love Project Zomboid. Every Monday, they either release a new patch or detail upcoming patches in a fair amount of detail during what they refer to as "Mondoid" blog posts. Definitely worth checking out if you want to pay attention to the future of their development. The Multiplayer is great, too. Really, I can't get enough of PZ right now.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ShekishShekish Member Posts: 1
    Isn't this some sort of copy of Cataclysm:Dark days ahead , just with sprites instead of ASCII, and obviously, as the visual upgrade calls, much reduced version?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Great game , updated very frequently by very active devs , lotsa of features in and lotsa of gameplay here .. Worth every cent..