Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Founder Pack Giveaway!

Comments

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139

My relationship with War 40k begin in my childhood with a tabletop game called "star quest" in that game 3 squad of space marine fight on a space hulk against an evil overlord.

Was the '90 i played that game with my father and two cousins.

That was a simple tabletop, far distant from the experience of the real war 40k background (that i discovered some year later with space hulk game, final liberation, chaos gate and all the THQ era game).

Star quest was an early version of the war 40k (2nd editon or rogue trade era I can't remember), But the identity and the visual strentgh of war 40k was so strong that create an unique inprint in my young child mind: I never forgotten that game and the play session with my family!

So the result is that when i play any war 40k  game I still have all the joy and happines of a 10 year boy that play with some plastic (awesome) little space marine!! 

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War

Walk softly, and carry a big gun

What more can be said then this simple quote.

It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.

• RagnarozSRRagnarozSR Member Posts: 2
    I loved playing Dawn of War games so much , I actually started reading the Warhammer 40k books. Would love to check out this game.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i never played the table top but as a kid i used to love to paint all the figures.. i used to buy new ones as soon as i could afford it

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

My absolute favourite moment comes from a bunch of years back playing the table-top game. I was a avid Space Marine player back then and i taking part in a campaign. A series of poor games had put me far out of touch with my allies and low on reinforcements. So i started the game on a 25% handicap. Fortunatley i had managed to save a whirlwind launcher the previous round and i had a veteran Deathwing squad as reserves. My opposition was Orcs and this opponent simply tried to do a murderball right in to my lines. Things looked bleak as the green horde pushed in. I tried to call down my reserves but failed the roll twice. Third round my Terminators came down like the fury of a angry god, carving a path through the Orcs. Alas it was to little to late, in the end it was a single squad of Marines atop a small altar trying to fend off a sea of green. I lost that game and was eliminated from the campaign, but by the seven hells that was the way to go out. It was down right cinematic.

I really should dust off my old army and have a look at it.

This have been a good conversation

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Honestly? Seeing this game announced. The original Warhammer MMO I fell in love with when it was in beta. The massive pvp and abundance of races and classes has me extremely excited. Lets not forget the WAAAAGH.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • thuzarthuzar Member Posts: 1

My favorite warhammer 40k moment must be the finale in vanilla DoW2 - just trying to break through the Tyranid swarm with my Force Commander (Lazarus, since he is immortal), having Avitus and Cyrus covering my hide while Thaddeus strikes from above. The result - countless decomposing, acidic corpses of Xeno filth and a few fallen battle brothers, their husks handled with honor and respect by chapter's Apothecaries...

Success is commemorated. Failure merely remembered.

• The_DragonmasterThe_Dragonmaster Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment was during a battle between my Blood Angels and some Eldar. My force was splintered, and a rampaging Avatar was threatening my key units. It had to be stopped. Realising what they must do, Lemartes led the Death Company into the fray. Shuriken fire reduced their numbers, and the Avatar cut down all but Lemartes. Enraged, Lemartes managed to wound the Avatar, stunning it. Both were down to one wound. Taking advantage of the Avatar's reduced speed, he struck, and the Avatar failed his save. With the death of their leader, the eldar fled from the fight. The Blood Angels had emerged victorious.
  • AlphaEp1AlphaEp1 Member Posts: 1
    My favorite Warhammer 40k Moment would have to be in Dawn of War SoulStorm while playing as the Imperial Guard. I had set up a massive killbox zone. A friend was playing as the Tau and had used their XV-88 Broadsides to aid my kill box. A third and fourth friend were playing Dark Eldar and Chaos. They came at us in force but never got past the third wall of guardsmen. Persistent bodies was on, and there was just a sea of enemy bodies stretching across a huge section of the map. Was true carnage. We even managed to fight them back and win. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I am not sure how well this qualifies to this thread but for me it was a high.  I made 12 armor saves in a row which had only a 2 in 6 chance to make.  It was really exciting to watch!  Naturally I failed the 13th roll and died.  Still...
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• deadpool220deadpool220 Member Posts: 1
    My favourite Warhammer 40k experience is when im playing Warhammer 40k Space Marines with friends on my side it gives me a lots of fun and other positive emotions =)
  • ThovaronThovaron Member Posts: 1
    Favorite experience was the first time playing a Warhammer 40K game, Space marines, was blown away with the sheer power a Space Marine had, and the way they could handle hordes of enemies, been reading on their history since then, Can't wait to start the Eternal Crusade!!!!
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    playing that OP Bright Wizard in Warhammer Online.  Probably one of the most legitimately overpowered MMO classes I can remember.
  • MrComatoseMrComatose Member Posts: 1
    (I'm from Ukraine so sorry for my english) I'm a big fan of Warhammer I have a lot of games and books, so I'm looking forward to eternal crusade! My favorite game its "Warhammer 40k: space marine" i enjoy many hours of gameplay.I already know of at least 4 of my friends waiting for this amazing game. (I will definitely play for chaos). I expect most of the Warhammer atmosphere of grandeur, gloom and cruelty ... but it is also a kind of beauty and naturally want to have fun with friends and other players.
  • KaraethonKaraethon Member Posts: 33
    My favorite experience is not actually from playing the game, but from painting the miniatures.  I remember being in awe of the painting skill of Mike McVey, and I still am.  I wanted to paint like that, I bought the books, read the guides and ended up painting quite a few armies.  Due to medical reasons, I am no longer able to paint, but the art and story of Warhammer 40k is still a favorite of mine.  I will probably be terrible at Eternal Crusade but I cannot wait to step in and explore the world.
  • scyllafrenscyllafren Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Made a squad of harlequin fighters led by a Librarian (from a standard pool of points), as an infiltrator squad. When others saw them before the game, they said I can't play them, they too overpowered :)
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I was killing this guy on the table top after he had spent most of the day trash talking me. In the end it was him and I playing head to head to goto the next round. It was to the point it was clear he was going to lose and he tried to pull an attack but was short on range but tried to cheat that it was within the 6 inches his unit could attack. I called him on it and lots of people watching started laughing at him so he got mad and said you want 6 inches I will give you 6 inches and thrusted his man part (still wearing clothing) into the table and knocked everything over on the table and well lost. He stormed out not even collecting his army. Have not seen him since. Didnt bother anyone as he normally smelt really bad. lol

=-)
  • Soltanis1Soltanis1 Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment was destroying a Tyranid army that was fielded by a friend of mine. I enjoyed it so much because he trash talked my Eldar so i got to show him the might of the bloody handed god.
  • MojoKingBeeMojoKingBee Member UncommonPosts: 25

I can't really single out one being my best experience, there were so many noteworthy tabletop experiences my old player group still laughs about!

Every time I played a friend of mine in the tabletop he played Khârn the Betrayer with his chaos army. Out of about 20 games Khârn never got to swing his mighty Gorechild even once. He constantly got stuck on even the tiniest heavy terrain every game the whole game. "Blood for the Blood God!" "Well... maybe tomorrow Khârn..."

One game I tried to pop a friends Leman Russ with my Tau Hammerhead. Even with constant laser markers, my Hammerhead seemed to lack any commitment that day and the crew didn't even hit once in 6 rounds on a 2+ roll... that was indeed a sad day for the Tau Empire...

The day I introduced a friend of mine into our WH40k group he got to play Space Marines in a ridiculously bloody match of capture the hill with 4 players free for all. In the very last round my Swooping Hawks unexpectedly secured the hill from a rampaging Hive Tyrant with their aerial grenades, as he simply walked up with his last surviving stoic Hero of Mankind with his flamer at the ready and obliberated my full squad of Hawks who were just about to secure the objective for my cause. I can still hear the wailing of their lost souls to this day...

• moonfanngmoonfanng Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Ultramarines Captain Severus quote : Everything has a purpose. The Emperor ordains it so. You may corrupt the souls of men. But I am steel! I am doom! I march for Macragge, and I know no fear! 
  • AuldrikAuldrik Member Posts: 1
    My favorite Warhammer 40k experience was when I finished painting my Space Wolves army and got them on the tabletop for the first time.  They lost- but they looked fantastic!
  • DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Modding and painting my armys
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Always loved Chaos ... everyone keep telling that it made weird ...
  • ThandurinThandurin Member Posts: 21
    My favorite moment was playing Space Marine multiplayer. As unbalanced as MP was it is immensely satisfying to dive into a group of enemies as an assault marine and cut them down with your chainsword.
  • KaiserkillKaiserkill Member Posts: 1
    My favourite and first experience was with DOW 2 it was an awesome game before I finished it I bought the extension packs and together with my friend played the last stand and coop-multiplayer. Some time after, I started to read everything from the rich Warhammer 40k Lore and I enjoyed it every second. After that I bought Space Marine and played it on three different settings, my friends also bought it and we played it together. Soon I understood the lore, but it was still not enough not even after three years. My last purchases were the first DOW games and I played them all my most favourite is Dark Cursade and Soulstorm but only with the awesome Apokalypse Mod. Sadly I couldn't try the tabletoppversions because it is expensive and I dont know anyone to play with me. So you can see I am a big Warhammer fan and try to show and convince as many people I meet to play or at least know spmething about this game
This discussion has been closed.