Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Founder Pack Giveaway!

Comments

• Slav316Slav316 Member Posts: 1

Favorite 40k moment would be when I was in Montreal and I happened to stop by Behaviour Interactive.

I got a chance to meet Miguel Caron and a large part of the EC team and be absolutely blown away by their love for the IP and the scope of the game.

Fantastic people making what is shaping up to be a fantastic game.

• MalissonMalisson Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Losing a game of 40K without causing a single casuaity on the other side, Orcs vs Space Marines. I couldn't even kill a grechin while they closed in and hacked my marines apart with rusty knives. It was embarrassing but the biggest laugh my gaming group ever got at a battle.
  • EliteSinEliteSin Member UncommonPosts: 6

My favorite moment was back when I was 9 years old and Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior was released for Windows and PS2.

I remember getting through the first few levels as clear as can be in my mind and it was the first universe that I ever truly felt a part of, even to this day nothing beats the intro to the game.

You're landing in Imperial Guard territory. Your heart is pounding as you're playing and both Tau dropships land. As you all run down the ramp and out of the ship there are mortors blowing up all of your comrades. The only 2 other Tau forces are treating to a wounded comrade. And YOU are all alone, on a planet your race is unfamiliar with, in enemy territory, with no reinforcements. 

That is my favorite moment in the game.

Also if you have never played Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior I highly recommend it.

That was Legit.

• DisasterStarDisasterStar Member UncommonPosts: 4

Two years ago I had an awesome campaign with my childhood friend on the video game Warhammer 40k 2.

It felt like an RPG with a character progression system, beautiful voice acting and thrilling story.

It was tactical and enjoyable, we experienced happyness and sorrow when soldiers died and conquered positions.

Thank you for such life-remembering experience.

Looking forward to play Eternal Crusade!!!

• Chrizzly187Chrizzly187 Member Posts: 1
    Unfortunately I don't own any 40k tabletop pieces (I would love to though) but still there's nothing more satisfying than blasting the enemies of man with Basilisks and Leman Russes in Dawn of War 1 & 2. And most importantly: "Fear the might of the Baneblade!"
  • MadmolarMadmolar Member Posts: 1
    WAAAAGGGHHHHH wot iz it eny gud fo? Crushin dem hummies and da pointy eers wif uz shootas an choppas!!!!
  • Mills007Mills007 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    My favorite part? Tabletop building with friends and family. Painting miniatures, designing and building terrain... nothing brings people together than hunkering down with craft paint!
  • CantHandleMyDunxCantHandleMyDunx Member Posts: 1

I started my Warhammer 40k experience with Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. I had a lot of fun playing that game and the most important of all, I enjoyed it. Years after I me and my friend got ourselves Dawn of War 2 and we spent quite a lot of hours in it and that is my favourite Warhammer 40k experience.. I'm really looking forward to Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade. I can't wait for it to come out! ;_;

• JonnysTrickBagJonnysTrickBag Member Posts: 1

Near the end of a battle between my space marines and my imperial guard foes, my storm raven carrying my commander and his assault terminator retinue was shot down by enemy missiles. As the commander and his 4 surviving brothers emerged from the wreckage, the great shadow of an imperial knight fell over them. Knowing the battle was lost, I decided to go down in a great blaze of glory. Charging the knight, my commander and his terminators brought the titan down with hammer and sword, as it's death explosion claimed them in the greatest funeral pyre ever seen.

Or if you ask it from my opponents point of view, he got a lot of bad rolls :L

• manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75

My favorite 40k experience wasn't actually when playing any of the games. It was when I finished the 14th book of Horus Heresy, the prequel series taking place ten thousand years before the tabletop. The books are fantastic but especially the 14th, The First Heretic by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, gripped me by the core and left me with a deep understanding and empathy for the traitor legions. 

"It is so very like you, to think of one soul's safety while an entire world burns beneath your feet."

• vascoapfvascoapf Member Posts: 1

In dawn of war.. when i was playing imperial guard and got cornored by the green tide! only my comissar..... its was a glorious day for the emperor back bone!

• mjpwnmjpwn Member Posts: 2
    I am quite new to the  wh40k universe, so my favorite experience is based on making terrain pieces/writing down  for narative campaings.
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Never played but was always intrigued when I'd pass our local Games Workshop. I'd go in just to look at the miniature models and their detailed gaming arenas.
  • DevenieDevenie Member UncommonPosts: 2

Favorite Warhammer 40k experience was placing in a tabletop skirmish with my Blood Angels and Sisters, with my mini's I'd modded and painted. Feels good to be a woman competing with the guys and holding my own in WH40k!

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    One time I watched a demo of Warhammer 40K - that's really been my only experience and I can say it was also my favorite experience. Thank you for your consideration, and have a joyous and wonderful afternoon.
  • TeknoXITeknoXI Member Posts: 1
    My favorite WH40k moments and memories have to be from Dawn of War 2. Playing ranked with friends, doing game-breaking strategies that forced the devs to hotfox the game. Playing with devs. Really good time. I do miss my Warp Spider.
  • aldani91aldani91 Member Posts: 1

My favourite experience was when I played Spacemarine (the videogame) and got the thunderhammer for the first time. It was devastating against smaller foes, but finally I had more chance against the bigger ones and my jaw fell off when I saw the fatalities. (+ I like painting space marines too, but it cant be described too well.)

And sorry for my english. It is not my native language.

• MolekingMoleking Member Posts: 2
    I'm a huge 40k fan (I have a whole sleeve dedicated to chaos)
    I love painting them, I took my buddies Valkyrie and painted it. He loved it so much, he almost cried.
    It was the best feeling in the world to do that for him.
  • Jin_saotomeJin_saotome Member Posts: 1
    The first time I saw the world, characters and graphics in the Space Marine game.  I feel that aside from the Dawn of War games, this is a game that truly honored the Warhammer 40K franchise.  The feeling of weight behind the strikes or the thump from the bolter really felt like something out of a warhammer novel. 
  • AetherwebAetherweb Member Posts: 1
    Favorite experience was destroying an eldar tank with a charge from a bunch of space marine scouts and needing to roll 3 sixes and being told by my opponent that it was statistically impossible. I screamed 'never tell me the odds!' and went on to blow it up and then engage and kill the squad inside, my victory!
  • Gothmogg23Gothmogg23 Member Posts: 2
    Rushing a Rhino straight down the board with lurking Tyranids in cover everywhere, ten dumping my squad an laying down a strong field of fire before getting cut down by the Swarm.
  • ThomasfooleryThomasfoolery Member Posts: 1
    I was running Only War at the gaming store that I work for and I created an entire adventure mod based off of my favorite book Fifteen Hours by Mitchel Scanlon. It was so much fun controlling the Orks and making the Imperial Guard players feel like the underdog who would be saving the day through sheer force of will, determination, and luck.
  • GrimdethGrimdeth Member Posts: 1
    Most favorite 40K moment was deep striking with my Militarium Tempestus Command Squad onto a squad of 10 Ork lootas. 4 Flame templates, plasma pistol, and taurox gatling guns later, I wiped them all out!
  • HikariKyubiHikariKyubi Member Posts: 1
    My very first battle on Dawn of War 2 Retribution versus a friend. What a game...
  • GeekKingGamingGeekKingGaming Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment? Must of been when i saw a thunder hammer terminator single handedly taking down a knight titan through some amazing rolls
This discussion has been closed.