Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Founder's Pack Details Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Behaviour Interactive has released the details about its Founder's Program for Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade. According to the team, any purchase of a Founder's Pack is equivalent to preordering the game and will grant buyers certain bonuses including the ability to reserve character names, early access to game modules as they become available and much more. Packs range from $40.00 - $450.00 and provide a variety of perks.

Additionally, each and every Founder’s Pack will have access to unique game modules before the full game launches, along with a host of other perks such as:

• Thousands of Points to Spend within the Rogue Trader area ($1 per 1,000 points)

• Pre-Launch Game Access – First come, first serve!

• Early Game Module Access

• Arkhona Vanguard Title

• Exclusive Founder Lounge Access in Forum

• Limited Edition Emblem and/or Banner

• Reservation of Character Name

• Reservation of Guild Name

Find out what each Pack includes on the Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Oh look.... another money grab! /shrug
  • Well the fans wanted a Founder program, so they game them one. Atleast that's what they are telling us.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It somewhat bugs me that 3 out of the 10 news stories on the homepage for this site are currently advertising founders packs for early access for games. It's becoming incredibly apparent that these companies aren't going to release a stable product.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    But does this even give you access to the game now? I only see some head start thingy when the game is released. Or did I read it wrong?
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Any pictures or clips of game play yet? Tempted - just my luck it'll be a tower defence game. 
  • AtohAtoh Member UncommonPosts: 107
    You see gameplay in one of the "meet the team videos", and I believe they have another video of gameplay out. The core game mechanics: moving, shooting, melee, are all very close to Space Marine, which to me is a good thing.
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Maybe.

People need to read the ToS

https://www.eternalcrusade.com/tos

Particularly Part IV Charges & Billing, A. Preorders.

Although I especially like the wording of Part VI

VI. Special Terms: Beta Testing

In its sole discretion, BHVR may contact you to review and evaluate the Game, aspects or modules of the Game, or online features as part of, or prior to a wider Alpha test, Beta test, or commercial release thereof (hereafter “Pre-Release Games”) for the purpose of identifying program errors. You will be asked to provide to BHVR (and to BHVR only) certain feedback and suggestions regarding your experiences while reviewing and evaluating the Pre-Release Games. This process is referred to herein as a “Pre-Release Test.” If it is a closed Pre-Release Test, BHVR may ask you to enter into a Pre-Release Software Confidentiality Agreement (“Confidentiality Agreement”) for each specific Pre-Release Test BEFORE you are allowed to be a tester (“Tester”) and BEFORE any software is provided or made accessible to you. In such case, your participation as a Tester is subject to the Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to the following terms and conditions which apply to all Pre-Release Tests.

In connection with the Pre-Release Test, BHVR may provide you, on a temporary basis, Pre-Release Games, as well as confidential and proprietary information (collectively, “Pre-Release Materials”). You understand and agree that the Pre-Release Materials are confidential or proprietary information of BHVR. You agree as a condition of participating in a Pre-Release Test to (I) not copy or reproduce the Pre-Release Materials, (ii) safeguard the Pre-Release Materials and prevent unauthorized access to, reproduction of, disclosure of and/or unauthorized use of, the Pre-Release Materials, and (iii) if applicable, fully comply with the terms and conditions of the Confidentiality Agreement.

You will carry out the testing personally and not provide access to Pre-Release Materials to any other person. You agree that breach of the above obligations will cause irreparable harm to BHVR, and BHVR is entitled to (in addition to any other remedies available to it) ex parte injunctive relief without bond to prevent the breach or threatened breach of your obligations. Your obligation to keep the Pre-Release Materials confidential will continue until BHVR publicly distributes, or has otherwise disclosed to the public through no fault of yours, the Pre-Release Materials and the Content that you are testing.

Upon request, you agree to immediately delete all copies of the Pre-Release Material which BHVR provided to you.

As a Tester, you are invited to play Pre-Release Games for the sole purpose of evaluating the Pre-Release Games and identifying errors. Nothing in these Terms of Service or any other EC Terms shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the Pre-Release Materials or other Content. The Pre-Release Games are provided for testing on an “as is” and “as available” basis and BHVR makes no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied.

By selecting a “Play” button to start a Pre-Release Game, you agree that: (I) playing Pre-Release Games is at your own risk and you know that the Pre-Release Games may include known or unknown bugs, (ii) any value or status indicators that you achieve through game play may be erased at any time, (iii) BHVR has no obligation to make these Pre-Release Games available for play with or without charge for any period of time, nor to make them available at all, (iv) BHVR ‘s Terms of Service apply to your use of the Pre-Release Games during the testing phase, and (v) if it is a closed Pre-Release Test, you will keep all information about the Pre-Release Materials confidential as stated above and not disclose such information to any other person.

Pre-Release Test accounts are non-transferable under any circumstances.

In other words... actual testing!  NOT just 'play for free'.

If they stick with this - that's damn good.

I actually want them to succeed just because of this.  If they can help kill this paid alpha/beta thing and produce a good game as a result that, by itself, would be awesome.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• shadowmageshadowmage Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Feel free to use my referral code for free points EC-YXAV27J0QGKMO

Emissary of Istaria
    imageimage

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    40$ for preorder , not bad
  • PyodePyode Member Posts: 2

Anyone thinking of getting a Founder's Pack can get an additional 4,000 points by using this link. Enjoy! :) 

http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-YSJ0D47Y2KCDE

• CerbearusCerbearus Member UncommonPosts: 14
    It's basically a pre-order that also gives you access to testing periods and a little extra. For those of you who don't know, it is a massive faction-based PvP MMO set in Arkhona. Space Marines vs Eldar vs Chaos Space Marines vs Orks (Tyranids are NPC only). It will be a B2P game (meaning you buy it once and play it forever, no sub fee) although there will be a F2P option to try out the game as an Ork with limited options. There will be an aesthetic-only cash shop. Gameplay will be similar to that of Space Marine.
  • zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Just because things are going micro transactions, does not always mean that. if it has no monthly,why not? to support the game.