Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Community Votes to Keep Stretch Goals

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Star Citizen site has been updated with the announcement that the funding juggernaut continues and that over $47M has been raised. Chris Roberts also revealed that the community is in support of keeping stretch goals as the game continues to earn investment dollars.

The community has been actively involved with funding stretch goals. Each plateau is reached, the community votes to choose what the reward will be. Most commonly, ships have been added to Star Citizen. The $47M mark is no different with the additional revelation that "more than a few" Xi’An ships will be forthcoming.

The Xi’An scout is a good example of how much goes into Star Citizen’s ship development process. As you may remember, we offered the scout earlier in the campaign without showing a picture. That’s because I decided the concept art we had didn’t represent the ship I wanted for this role. You can see that original art here; it’s a cool design, but didn’t get across the unique thruster system that makes the scout so special.

Read more on the Star Citizen site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    If something goes wrong and RSI fails to deliver (i'm sure this won't happen) then our galaxy won't be big enough for Chris to hide in. :)
  • vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    I think this game is revolutionary. Think about it, never before has there been one where you were sold non-existing items for a non-existing game! When it will finally arrive, I do hope that it will meet expectations though because I've never seen so much hype before.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

cool,new ships  ,,must to have ,,for sale incoming,150 $ ... and  backers ll' got for free ;

Xi’An Space Plant – Similar to a bonsai tree, the Centennial Bloom is a very famous Xi’An plant indigenous to Eealus III that blossoms for one night every one hundred years. They sell the plants in sealed terrariums to traders. Ever since their introduction to the UEE, Humanity has been fascinated by these beautiful plants and the wait for them to bloom.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by vgamer
    I think this game is revolutionary. Think about it, never before has there been one where you were sold non-existing items for a non-existing game! When it will finally arrive, I do hope that it will meet expectations though because I've never seen so much hype before.

well that was true, however now with the arena commander module there is a "space dog fighting game" which is something. granted it's not much right now, but you can "play" something.  

what i really hope is that they don't focus on this instanced "arena" crap, and instead focus on making the Persistent Universe truly that. after playing EvE for the last 10 years space fans have some pretty high expectations for SC.....and Chris Roberts has been promising so damn much....meh, wait and see i guess.