Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cybernite Founder Pack For ONLY $449.98

https://www.transformersuniverse.com/founders-pack

Transformers Universe is offering 4 founder packages with the Cybernite package being the most prestigious one coming in at $449.98. That figurine better look super duper!

Comments

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    At that price it better make my coffee and empty the litter box. 
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

There's the statue.

You know SOME DB/Whale is ACTUALLY going to buy this.  I mean.. for 500 bucks.. that's a whole console/pc/50 McDonalds runs.  To be fair it includes 12 months of game time which is approx. $180 bucks... so where's the other $320 going?  Some skins?

This needs to be front page of MMORPG.. because this is how companies feel about us anymore.. we're merely walking wallets.  It's BS.  This game hasn't even released yet.  This from someone who considered but then dismissed lifetime options in MANY games.  Most of which panned out for the best and only one (LOTRO) did I regret not doing (but with the way they're treating some of their lifetimers now.. not so much).  And that was only in the $200 range...

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    At that price it better make my coffee and empty the litter box. 

I'll empty your litter box for that much ....

However , if you want Coffee that'll be and Extra $150 for 3 Months

$50 to Rent the Spoon to Stir it with.

Also have a range of Lifetime Sugar and Crèam  Sub packages to suit any needs.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

The good news is that the statue is not yet in production. If it was, there would be a limited number of packages that could be sold, and they would have a high risk of sellout. As is, they can wait until they have all the orders before starting production, and as such sell an unlimited amount of these.

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    This is just an astronomical amount of money and I can't imagine many paying that at all.  Even for those that have the money to gamble with, I don't see a product here that is providing much to be confident about yet, even to spend $100.  It sounds cool because it's Transformers, but then again so did the movies, and we see what happened there :P.
  • sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Talk about smoking crack. The max I would pay is $100 no matter what game it is. Don't know what these developers are thinking.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Ikeda

There's the statue.

You know SOME DB/Whale is ACTUALLY going to buy this.  I mean.. for 500 bucks.. that's a whole console/pc/50 McDonalds runs.  To be fair it includes 12 months of game time which is approx. $180 bucks... so where's the other $320 going?  Some skins?

This needs to be front page of MMORPG.. because this is how companies feel about us anymore.. we're merely walking wallets.  It's BS.  This game hasn't even released yet.  This from someone who considered but then dismissed lifetime options in MANY games.  Most of which panned out for the best and only one (LOTRO) did I regret not doing (but with the way they're treating some of their lifetimers now.. not so much).  And that was only in the $200 range...

You also get $250 worth of credits. I mean if you knew you would love this game it looks like an amazing deal. You get tons of characters and stuff. Not sure what it all does but its probably needed to make new characters and upgrade them. Plus the statue is pretty cool. I like buying statues like that. I have the SWTOR one still in my room which is a 10in character decked out by sideshow. I dont buy every game that comes out but when I find one I want I pay heavily for it. I can see tons of people buying this.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Ikeda              walking wallets.

agree

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

There's the statue.

You know SOME Whale is ACTUALLY going to buy this.  I mean.. for 500 bucks.

This is how companies feel about us anymore.. we're merely walking wallets.  It's BS.

450 / 365 comes out to $1.23 per day for a whole year. It is a bargain! Autobots, roll out!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

There's the statue.

You know SOME Whale is ACTUALLY going to buy this.  I mean.. for 500 bucks.

This is how companies feel about us anymore.. we're merely walking wallets.  It's BS.

450 / 365 comes out to $1.23 per day for a whole year. It is a bargain! Autobots, roll out!

OK, $500 for an unplayed game.  Not even out yet so no one knows how good or bad it is.  Some people are rich and do have $500 laying around so they will buy it or buy it for their kid.  Just another test by game makers to see if people will support more expensive packages in the future.  If this sales expect to see a lot more.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    No this is way way too much sorry not tempted even. Archage $150 is okay but this is nuts.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I have to point it out now since this part seems to have been missed.

The OP is using sarcasm.

Harbinger of Fools
  • TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Don't mind me, only stopped by to see if that shait was real...
  • KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by cheyane
    No this is way way too much sorry not tempted even. Archage $150 is okay but this is nuts.

Neither Archage or this are okay. They are basically pay in advance deals with zero value virtual items guaranteeing the publishers money. Think of them like subsidized phone contracts in which the network providers get a guaranteed amount of month subscription.

----

The statue is a "limited run", meaning they will run the production as long as people buy the packs. If they would be limited to 1000 they might hold some collectors value but at a limited run they are worthless junk part from the decorative value.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I have to point it out now since this part seems to have been missed.

The OP is using sarcasm.

What? People being sarcastic online? Nah, that can't be.

I can't wait to pay $450 for a pack containing barely anything for a game not even out yet personally! I know I'm giving a lot more then the value of items given, but its totally worth it for a game we have no clue how it will be! I mean that action figure thats likely made for $30 and is technically limited by the number of people who order it, thus unlimited until they decide to maybe one day remove it, that could be worth a fortune on EBay probably a whole $50! 

I'm so amp about this pack and the incredible value it has! Its great to see companies are supporting the consumer by having packs to pay for something to maximize their profits even further with consumers who have no clue how it will turn out in the end! I mean without these founders packs those poor companies would have to shell out the plenty of cash they have available to them! The game would never be made...  well it would actually be easily made without it... but it wouldn't be made as good as the magical power consumer money has to fund a project!

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    For a game that most people don't have beta access to yet, the price points are insulting. I thought Marvel Heroes was pushing the limits of good taste with their $200 Founders pack, and $100 2014 characters pack, but this is out of control for where it is in development and the company. I was already let down by the "all action, no RPG" direction of the game, this is a slap in the face. I genuinely would have preferred RuneScape with Robots over this shit.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Amazing deal!  ArcheAge only 150 and now this!   I expect 600 will be the next price point!  It will be an even better deal!  
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    for that price a good looking girl like sophy brera should come and play with you every day,not online in my house.
  • KOOLLAYDKOOLLAYD Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I wouldn't pay that for a lifetime membership on a normal mmo let alone one that launches from your browser and downloads in the background. I played 2 browser mmos Dead Frontier which was good because it took next to zero disk space and was a fun game and Clone Wars which downloaded crap in the back ground and forced ya to use your browser to launch the game rather then just using the classic game patcher. The packs don't offer much worth that kind of cash. The virtual items ya buy go poof when the game closes eventually and even Lotro didn't charge that for a lifetime membership when it opened. They been smoking crack. Plain and simple. lol
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Star Citizen was offering a pack for 15.000 USD, and the game was merely on drawing board.

Up to each own, it is not your money.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by KOOLLAYD
    I wouldn't pay that for a lifetime membership on a normal mmo let alone one that launches from your browser and downloads in the background. I played 2 browser mmos Dead Frontier which was good because it took next to zero disk space and was a fun game and Clone Wars which downloaded crap in the back ground and forced ya to use your browser to launch the game rather then just using the classic game patcher. The packs don't offer much worth that kind of cash. The virtual items ya buy go poof when the game closes eventually and even Lotro didn't charge that for a lifetime membership when it opened. They been smoking crack. Plain and simple. lol

Tend to agree, if anything the whole price tag would indicate the game is going to be an epic fail, but given the IP which probably is more suited to 12 year olds and those with an extreme case of nostalgia for their own childhood toys, i would be extremely surprised if the game ever saw the light of day, although if it is a browser game, then, meh, who cares anyway? image

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Kangaroomouse
    Originally posted by cheyane

Neither Archage or this are okay. They are basically pay in advance deals with zero value virtual items guaranteeing the publishers money. Think of them like subsidized phone contracts in which the network providers get a guaranteed amount of month subscription.

----

The statue is a "limited run", meaning they will run the production as long as people buy the packs. If they would be limited to 1000 they might hold some collectors value but at a limited run they are worthless junk part from the decorative value.

QFT (red)... I'll wager the statues go on eBay within a month of release.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    OP I love the way you used the word 'only' nice one.