Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge to Launch with XLGames' Patch 1.2

JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?12109-ArcheAge-to-Launch-with-XLGames-Patch-1.2

Seems game will be release with alot of changes allready.

Comments

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Sad that beta (and release i guess) will shift again...but at least we'll get 1.2
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

One of the thinks i really like to see in game is "Trader checker" (from 1.2), we can see the % of reward in diferent deliver locations so that way we can plan our trade routes.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    so will the pirates? :p gank bait
  • seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Great news:)
    Originally posted by daemon
    so will the pirates? :p gank bait

If we go deliver packs in a war zone thats not "gank" imo.

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    Makes sense to release with 1.2 but RIP 2014 release date. 

Yes, i think beta will be somewhere on summer and release after that.

Just guessing ofc.

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    DID THEY REMOVE RETARDED JUNK LORE UNFRIENDLY JUNK?
  • Gank4FunGank4Fun Member Posts: 10

1.2 is a really great patch!

Less safezones, especially some coast lines are now pvp area!

Less karma for PK!

Gankers dream!!!!

ArcheAge - A gankers dream come true!

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

I enjoy any news from trion devs.

This news is good for the most part. I was hoping we would get an announcement that beta was on track and release date would be in 5 days.

Since they have decided to go with 1.2 what extra 70,000 words do you suppose need to be translated due to this?

Was there new questlines and new leveling and more dungeons and more arenas added to the game with 1.2? I am just unclear about what new stuff it brings.

I had heard there was some new dungeons and new character classes they were working on. Is this what 1.2 means?

Please shed some light on this for us.

Beta pushed back 2 weeks is not the end of the world. Just means they are missing a part of the summer break when alot of people have extra time to get into a game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Longer it takes to launch the longer I have to learn the game, all good in my book.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    The article mentions that AA will be released in 2014. That is good news. Delays are the nature of mmo releases though.

It takes one to know one.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Great news, 1.2 will make for a great launch, a few weeks delay in this case is a good thing

Launching with Patch 1.2 is a challenge as it adds over 70,000 words to translate. Since we want a complete English translation before introducing a larger audience to the game, this does mean that our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks. That means that we can't announce a specific date for the first Beta right now, http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?12109-ArcheAge-to-Launch-with-XLGames-Patch-1.www.mmorpg.com

since beta was supposed to be June I would guess late August or early September beta,  late October or early November launch

I miss DAoC

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Ragnar1337
    Makes sense to release with 1.2 but RIP 2014 release date. 

It will still release just as fast - it would have been a lot more work to do 1.0 and then 1.2 - instead of just going to 1.2

I'm betting Sep/Oct release 

Seeing how slow the translating has gone so far, I doubt we will see the game live before Dec.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Excellent news! Hmm... that means that release might not be till Q4 of this year? I'm hoping that beta kicks in by Q3!

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    I'd really like a Sept/Oct launch. Fall/winter is the best time to start an MMO. My friends and I are all very anxious for this one!!