Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] WildStar: The Strain Has Infected Me

13»

Comments

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189

Just more content to help me forget that other games are out there in the world.

Thanks WildStar ! 

• timpim4lifetimpim4life Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Strain looks like that new (maybe old?) Garrosh Hellscream thing in that WoW raid you guys probably know which one I mean! Hehe :) *awkward moment*
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by RolleZ
    They should fix the darn game before adding crap. (memory crashes/BSOD/reboots performance issues etc.)

Now, I do know that some people have these issues, my friends and myself haven't. Not a single one of those, but I do not believe it is your PC (unless your running on something that your not meant to be) but there are optimization issues for some people. To my understanding, this patch come July brings over 1000 fixes, hopefully your issue is remedied then. 

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by oboc

Just more content to help me forget that other games are out there in the world.

Thanks WildStar ! 

Hahahaha +1  :)

2nd July is the day!

And we are still in the beginning. Imo if WS keeps the current pace and quality to content addition it will grow even faster.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by BlazeIV
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Public dungeon sounds interesting

People kept saying this about old school public dungeons, lamenting them, and chastising the modern practice of instances and phasing.  With the recent release of TESO and their plethora of Public Dungeons, that old idea has been proven completely and totally false.  The public dungeons prove to be so amazingly immersion breaking, it is horrific.

Public dungeons went the way of the dodo for a while, and for good reason.  They need to stay that way.

It all depends on the game. ESO's public dungeons are part of your organic path through a zone and you often even have quests going into them. They also aren't terribly challenging. This means players are mostly just a nuisance when found in a public dungeon.

Star Wars Galaxies, on the other hand, had public dungeons that had to be sought out in out of the way places. These were often difficult and required players to team up to find success in. They were just places to seek out adventure in the game world. Some of my most fun grouping experiences were in these areas (Fort Tusken, Geonosian Caves to a lesser extent, The Warren ). I don't feel ESO really disproved anything about public dungeons. Used properly and in the right type of game, they can be incredibly fun experiences that offer ample opportunities to make new friends and allies (or hunt enemies!).

Also, running into a bunch of players in an MMO is the exact opposite of 'immersion breaking' for me.

In any case, I wouldn't shut the door on public dungeons just yet. Let's see how Carbine handles one. My personal opinion is that these are a better fit for sandbox games, which is why they may seem a bit out of place here and perhaps in ESO, but I'm more than willing to give Carbine the benefit of the doubt.

TBH I feel most of those in SWG would have benefited from being instanced, especially the DWB and Fort Tusken, especially x2 for the latter. AS it was always overrun with players on Bloodfin. The DWB was more challenging so it suffered less. But I think the Vette was the better of the dungeon experiences in SWG. These types of places should be foreboding the Public nature kinda ruins that .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Strain boob?  As if I wasn't already looking forward to this...