Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Landmark: Dipping Into Water and Caves

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

On the Monday before E3 Landmark launched a patch that added in swimming and caves to the game. While at E3 I had a chance to catch up with Omeed Dariani, Brand Strategist for the EverQuest franchise, and find out what has been going on recently in the world of Landmark.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Landmark: Dipping Into Water & Caves.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    They need more cloth patterns.  Last I played there weren't enough for me.  I couldn't set "sheets" or "drapes".  These are items that are awesome.   Do a nice "caravan" market place.  I guess I'm asking for too much.
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Lots of possibilities with Landmark. However, every time they add a new feature it seems to break about a dozen others.

The water is amazingly lifelike and I'd guess the art person who created it has lived by the ocean. Just extremely well done. I'm less impressed with caves, as I've yet to even find one. Forums are filled with complaints about nodes not respawning, so once someone has looted everything, it's done. Yay beta.

• SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 220

I think you should read more about how "The Workshop" actually works before you get too excited. They make you submit tax information (and fee), AND you have to pay for every submission, AND they take 60% after that of anything you might sell.

Sorry, don't think I need a video game submitting a 1040 to the IRS for me when other games never have. K - thanks - bye.

~I am Many~

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Originally posted by Sevala

I think you should read more about how "The Workshop" actually works before you get too excited. They make you submit tax information (and fee), AND you have to pay for every submission, AND they take 60% after that of anything you might sell.

Sorry, don't think I need a video game submitting a 1040 to the IRS for me when other games never have. K - thanks - bye.

Have other games ever given you real world money for playing them?

Didn't-think-so-bye.

• AngryCujoAngryCujo Member Posts: 22

Finding caves.

Use a Claim Flag, a cave will show up as a red splotch on the Claim Flag map.  Don't see one? Run around a little ways and try again.

Not a red cube, a red splotch.  Cubes are usualy unclaimable-player-related-land masses.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    COMBAT NEXT MONTH!!!!

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Sevala

You are confusing The Workshop and Player Studio.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Underwater houses!

im sold, but they need to add underwater breathing tools for those of us who want to spend more time exploring underwater when they add drowning. This is a must!

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

Daylight! I just returned to the surface after a mining expedition into a huge cave system. Shinies kept luring me deeper and deeper. My inner dwarf wanted to mine every string of gems and metals while the surface dwaller tried to get me to backtrack.

It has been a long time since I got lost on a game map, and call me wierd but I really found that trip awesome. Haven't started building anything yet, but while running around I must say I am impressed by the standards of what people build... Hardly any floating pink dildos.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    I'm looking forward to trying this but I'm waiting until there's no more wipes. Well, of collected mats if nothing else.