Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Launch will Feature v1.2 Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The ArcheAge forums for the NA version of the game have been updated with the (good) news that the game will launch with the v1.2 version of the game. The 1.0 version met with a lot of player resistance when it launched in Korea earlier this year. Since that time, many improvements and "fixes" have been put in place to improve the overall game experience.

Launching with Patch 1.2 is a challenge as it adds over 70,000 words to translate. Since we want a complete English translation before introducing a larger audience to the game, this does mean that our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks. That means that we can't announce a specific date for the first Beta right now, but we wanted to get the great news about the game itself out as early as possible.

Patch 1.2 also introduces a host of exciting improvements on its own, including increased experience per Labor Point spent, a searchable crafting folio that works with recipe or ingredient names, significantly reduced (from Patch 1.0) glider turbulence on the high sea, and the ability to earn experience from crafting with maxed-out professions and participating in PvP during a war. Additionally, the Marketplace (in-game store) will be available before Beta begins and we'll grant testers sufficient currency to test it out. It's important to note that our previously announced game improvements such as international trade routes granting Gilda Stars, storyline quests earning experience, and trade packs dividing turn-in rewards 80/20 between pack holder and pack owner will persist through this update.

Read the full post on the NA ArcheAge forum.

Thanks, Jabas, for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Sweeeet!
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Half an MMO. No endgame raiding.

Sandbox endgame. Its not fucking guiding you into a cave that you have to grind through 6500 times. 

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by DMKano

Raids are group puzzles - once figured out its formulaic.

End game with guild politics, territory control and PvP - much more dynamic due to human nature.

Pick your poison, spending hours beating on some dumb boss that you will have on farm status in a matter of time, or  form alliances and stake your territory and destroy enemy castles and sink their ships, steal their loot.

I am glad AA has no raiding - it doesn't belong here.

it feels weird to read people here now praising no endgame/raids after all the cry that GW2 didnt have those.

Anyway, im not a raider and i dont chase end games so i dont care about that. Your comment about alliances taking territory, destroying castles and sinking ships/stealing loot sounds delicious in theory. I hope its well done in practice.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

You mean half an THEMEPARK MMO. And that's a good thing. Who the heck needs raiding except for people that need to be lead by the nose? Or spoonfed content? Or those that lack the ability to self motivate?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• kraizykraizy Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Or the Phrase could be we dont Sold enough Alpha Keys so we pushing back for the good Patch 1.2  :O
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Patch 1.2 !!! on EU/USA !!! would have tought we would be 2 years behind Korea !!
    Trion just made a super move by skipping 1.0 and focus on 1.2 <3 !!!!

More sandbox is never a bad thing and exp for kills !!! more exp for farming !!!
    Fingers crossed for level 55 and their new ability's that hopefully comes just behind it!

Good job Trion <3

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Yeh gw2 doesn't have raids and that's why the game lost tons. And then also why is GW2 trying to create more raid like content boss fights? Because people moaned there was fk all to so in gw2 at the the level cap.

Gw2 is shit at the end and people know it

EVE Online doesn't have raiding.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Is there a launch date? I would like to try this game, but not enough to buy that $150 thing.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I wanted to wait for this but man its taking way to long,

Originally posted by Tyggs
    Originally posted by Vivasvan Yeh gw2 doesn't have raids and that's why the game lost tons. And then also why is GW2 trying to create more raid like content boss fights? Because people moaned there was fk all to so in gw2 at the the level cap. Gw2 is shit at the end and people know it
    EVE Online doesn't have raiding.

Indeed its the players who create the contend and carve their own path on how to play.
    Archeage is not far behind Eve Online in that regard :)

And the people that will play Archeage know what to expect and have been waiting for it for a long time.
    Looking at the Alpha server i can say its packed......way to packed !
    Stopped playing as i dont want to spoil to much stuff.

But man i cannot wait for its release and its even harder now that we are getting it with patch 1.2 that adds even more sandbox t the game ^^

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I think the end-game content will be mostly player driven.  We've seen it successful in Eve Online but I'm not sure how it will do in AA.  I have some major issues with 1.2 and serious concerns if this game will be liked on the Western market.  It's not overly grindy, has the standard questing hubs that ALL MMO's currently have and other such things.

My issue is that as a fantasy, land/sea based game, I don't foresee the masses investing the drastic amount of time doing some of the activities in this game.  I believe it will be popular but only in a niche way with some of the rulesets it has.  Some of the changes they were talking about for the 1.2 patch was drastically reducing the Gilda Star (GS) revenue (in game special currency) for doing intra-continental trade runs.  What this means is that you have to put yourself in harms (PvP) way to efficiently build up GS which are the main way of purchasing structures, boats and the like.

The way they are handling FFA is poor as well.  Currently you can, in a PvP zone or in-war zone, flag to kill your own faction with the mere press of a button and then turn it off with only a 30 second timer.  This makes questing/killing around your friendly faction hazardous to the point of absurdity.  If they had a system where you declared that you are FFA prior to leaving the city, it would go a long way in fostering cooperation. 

FFA can work for a game, we see that in Eve Online but I don't see their current iteration working for AA because it's not as hardcore.  I believe they will have to end up changing it as the vast majority of MMO/Game players lean towards the PvE aspects of a game and enjoy consensual PvP.  If the game was completely FFA with high 'risk' of killing your own faction or aggression in certain areas, it might work out better but as it stands now, it really feels as though some portions of the PvP system are slapped on instead of integrated.  This might also be a problem for the Westernization port as rumors floated that the game originally released as a full FFA game in Korea but I haven't taken the time to research this.

When I was playing, the PvP flagging system was really bad as well.  I'm not talking about the FFA, kill your own faction flagging, I'm talking about Western continent players grouping and going to the Eastern continent to a peaceful state.  There the Easterners can focus down and pick off the Western players one at a time without flagging so real combat can take place.  The system won't flag Eastern players for killing Westerners in Eastern, peaceful states making it kind of stupid to go over there as a group in the first place.

Whilst being touted as a very player driven economy, I feel there are many areas which hinder this aspect of the game.  First and foremost, no decay/destruction system.  Nearly everything that is built/crafted in this game lasts forever.  Houses can be demolished but the owner gets the schematic back (although not the resources gathered to complete it), ships destroyed magically return to their former glory with the aid of a cheap reagent (not cheap at first but as people progress their crafting skills the item floods the market)as well as any gear that is crafted.

The crafting system is RNG based which means you have a small % chance of 'critting' your craft to hit the next level of rarity.  For example, to make a hood you start off with crafting a level 20 hood of level 1 rarity, and have a % chance to crit that first craft to a level 2 rarity.  Then, to make the next hood, of level 25, you would use the level 20 hood as a component and the end result being of the first hoods rarity level.  So your level 25 hood, at minimum, will be of rarity 2 because you used a rarity 2 level 20 hood as a component.  So, then you have a low % chance of critting the craft of your level 25 hood to rarity 3...this system goes on as you upgrade and (from what I understand) you have to crit each iteration of that hood to get the max level of rarity so if you did any work with probability in your schooling you'd start to realize how low of a chance you actually have to get the best rarity item.

This isn't to say that RNG is particularly bad, RNG is used in many aspects of gaming to give a sense of variability and remove some of the certainty that you'll 'always hit for 10 damage if I use this skill'.  To see it used in the crafting system like this is quite unnerving, to say the least, and I believe this aspect of the game will not be liked by the Western market.  Now, if the game is based a lot around crafting and the economy and crafting becomes massively unpopular by the player base, the game will have lost a major reason to play it.

It does have a lot of things going for it such as being able to level your character doing just about anything you like, although you'll level slower than questing/grinding.  I leveled from 36 to 50 primarily by farming and refining resources as well as doing trade runs with my guild.

Naval combat is fun.  Hijacking others doing their trade runs is so much fun especially when you steal their merchant ship full of trade packs (about 20 trade packs per merchant ship and if dropped off at the right place you can net 5-6 GS or gold for each which is a healthy sum).  My issue with this is that it will quickly become 'meh' as right now you can de-summon your ship instantly if not in combat (avoiding combat at sea) and it's quite easy to focus down the pilot and steal the ship.  

Housing and farming is great.  I had many guild members that loved decorating their houses and farming their plots.  You can even have an underwater farm where you grow coral and clams that are used as reagents.  You can run around the world and farm natural plants/trees, all of which you get XP for doing.

The dungeons that I did complete were quite challenging and not very forgiving.  So some of you may enjoy that aspect as well.  I didn't do much end-game dungeoneering as the game didn't feel designed for that.  The content was mostly in the open world with man open world bosses and even a very large Kraken in the middle of the ocean.

In the end, I think AA can and probably will be successful enough to stick around until something like Black Desert comes out and smokes the rest of the competition but we'll just have to wait and see.  AA is going to be F2P so that should also help solidify it's place in the game market for a time.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Stick with WoW please....  We don't need that shit....

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

You can always go back to that "other" mmo. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Proudsoul1Proudsoul1 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Yeh that's why it's dead on the endgame sice I've already been playing it on Russian servers. and if raids are formula based they are extremely difficult unlike the random pvp based on luck button clicks.

Spoonfed content and blah blah.

When you get to the end of this game lets see how motivated you are when all you have to do is fight each other on a randomn button mash.

I've played this game at the end and it's shit. That's why it's dead at that point,

You will get to the end and 8/10 people will leave. Do go and enjoy it.

First off I doubt you are playing the Russian ver. of AA . The amount of things to do in AA at so called  "EndGame" is so immense there is no need for the "its time to do our dungeon..again..its Monday lets do our weekly..again". From crafting tp PVP to raiding ( yes there is) to building a castle to seafaring battles to pirating to bounty hunting to almost anything else you would want to do in a SANDBOX game ..you can do it here.

Now The game isnt for you and thats understandable from what you read you see PvPand want to know where the PVE server is and that great enjoy your themepark games have a good time at your "Groundhogs day gaming" (Bill Murray rules).

Oh P.S. I started a war last night ..how cool is that yes you can start a war.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by rojo6934

it feels weird to read people here now praising no endgame/raids after all the cry that GW2 didnt have those.

Probably not the same people.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by rojo6934

End game with guild politics, territory control and PvP - much more dynamic due to human nature.

Pick your poison, spending hours beating on some dumb boss that you will have on farm status in a matter of time, or  form alliances and stake your territory and destroy enemy castles and sink their ships, steal their loot.

Anyway, im not a raider and i dont chase end games so i dont care about that. Your comment about alliances taking territory, destroying castles and sinking ships/stealing loot sounds delicious in theory. I hope its well done in practice.

There will be a few key guilds dominating the trade lanes and everyone else will get pissed off with it and rage quit.  All sounds great in theory but in practice...

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    WTB more sandbox mmo's!!!!! had enough of so called themepark endgames.
  • lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by pantaro

then archeage will propably not be your game ;)

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Originally posted by lathaan

Originally posted by pantaro

then archeage will propably not be your game ;)

lol. been really curious about archeage for quite sometime.but refuse to pay 50 bucks for a beta just cause im curious.have heard its more theme/sand then actual sandbox would love to hear opinions from ppl with facts

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Can you stop comparing eve online....a totally different game. Do u see swords and Sheila on eve online?? It's a totally differ game for god sake. AA is from the sword shield style of gameS.

Eve online is a space sim MMO. It's not a tank/healer game is it???

When you setting up eve online do you see the option to be an elf? EVE Online is a different game.

AA is not a different game. It's half a game of what's already out there.

Alpha is packed? Wait till you get to endgame

Yes, EVE is absolutely a tank/ healer game.  They're called tackles and logistics.  

I don't think you've ever really played either game, you're facts are wrong about both.  

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

The reason its different is because in EVE you have good reason to attack other players, ITS FULL LOOT for shit that doesn't get blown up in the explosion.  AA = No rewards except grinding honor points during the ONE stage that it garners them for pvp (Full out war).  None of the other "war enabled" times give you honor and the shit you can buy with honor is meh unless you are buying the primary weapon enchant.   Some might even be happy with "trade pack" drops as the primary reason to pvp, but with land control meaning shit all in the grand scheme of things for guilds, the sieges are quickly going to lose their interest just like in GW2 pvp zones.  The benefits aren't worth the hassle.

This game is going to fail at end game because they are trying to ride the middle, not being a hardcore sandbox pvp game like eve, or being a hardcore themeparker like WoW.  They are trying to cater to everyone and in the end, no one will be happy.  Granted you can't call the future with 100% possibility, but after having a lvl 50 in Korea, and 2 50's in RU (Total Invasion, castle owning Russian pvp guild) and being an ex eve pirate (SNIGG, why did you become PL!  I miss pirating!) I found the pvp to be lackluster beyond belief.  There isn't the same drive of taking space because there is no reason to own a castle past bragging rights.  In eve having a station was a tactical and financial advantage and each sector had different pluses and minuses to it for owning in that area.

Basically, Archeage engame siege PVP = wintergrasp on a week long timer.

That said, I did enjoy farming.  I did enjoy crafting. 

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

And if you dislike PVP, a big reason to not be a customer.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by Koroshiya
    The reason its different is because in EVE you have good reason to attack other players, ITS FULL LOOT for shit that doesn't get blown up in the explosion.  AA = No rewards except grinding honor points during the ONE stage that it garners them for pvp (Full out war).  None of the other "war enabled" times give you honor and the shit you can buy with honor is meh unless you are buying the primary weapon enchant.   Some might even be happy with "trade pack" drops as the primary reason to pvp, but with land control meaning shit all in the grand scheme of things for guilds, the sieges are quickly going to lose their interest just like in GW2 pvp zones.  The benefits aren't worth the hassle. This game is going to fail at end game because they are trying to ride the middle, not being a hardcore sandbox pvp game like eve, or being a hardcore themeparker like WoW.  They are trying to cater to everyone and in the end, no one will be happy.  Granted you can't call the future with 100% possibility, but after having a lvl 50 in Korea, and 2 50's in RU (Total Invasion, castle owning Russian pvp guild) and being an ex eve pirate (SNIGG, why did you become PL!  I miss pirating!) I found the pvp to be lackluster beyond belief.  There isn't the same drive of taking space because there is no reason to own a castle past bragging rights.  In eve having a station was a tactical and financial advantage and each sector had different pluses and minuses to it for owning in that area.Basically, Archeage engame siege PVP = wintergrasp on a week long timer. That said, I did enjoy farming.  I did enjoy crafting. 

I gues you havent made the most expensive trade packs and try to deliver them across the open sea....alone or in groups.....
    Where pirates awaits its prey for an easy target.
    it reminds me more of Eve Online then any other mmo on the market.

But why argue with someone who thinks endgame is shit when its the players that makes endgame.
    You sir can go back to your mmo if you even have one while we create our own game within a game.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

How the player driven economy turns out is what will make or break this game in my eyes. From what I've seen the economy is not going to be good because people who enjoy crafting based on hard work and skill aren't going to enjoy crafting in AA as it is heavily RNG based.

RNG is something that I believe should never be connected to crafting. It just leaves a bad taste in quite a lot of people's mouths.

It's a shame as I was truly hyped for this game back in 2012, and now it's just something I no longer recognize as all the reasons for playing AA, like intra-continental trade runs, have sort of become more of a hassle than fun as they don't produce the revenue that they did pre-2.2 patch.

Smile

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

your looking for a diff game..this game isnt like that  so basically you only like 1/2 of this game and looking for a diff play style and game