Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damn lvl 35 but i just cant bring myself to play

Rush84Rush84 Member Posts: 62

what to do what to do !!!!!!!

My guildies love this game but i just find it so boring !!!!!!

Most of them are 50 now and i just cant force myself to play any longer lol, 

Im level 35 and just cleared skullcano, im playing as a tank and it was horrible must of gone through about 10 different healers before one with heal gear actually came and was able to heal me... anyway cleared it and checked my xp bar and i did like 4 bars only so i cant even do multiple runs and get through a few levels.... so

Went back to questing and well logged off because i cant force myself to do anymore boring quests, i feel like im burnt out already and i only play 1 hour a day maybe 2 if im not bored out of my face, and yes im leveling slow :D not because i want to enjoy game more but just because its so fucking boring i cba to play more then an hour at a time...

This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , why cant we level from dungeons?, pvp is shit in this game too messy and too many bots but  bosses are awesome  in dungeons... 

my guildies say just bare with it get to 50 and then it gets fun.... is this true?

i find leveling in this game so very painful  im wondering if its going to be worth the torture this game will put me through if i decide to carry on lol, what should i do !!!!

Comments

• Man_of_LeisureMan_of_Leisure Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Rush84

This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , 

Yes. The game does not have quests. It has tasks. If I wanted more tasks I'd get married or ask my boss for some.

• Rush84Rush84 Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Man_of_Leisure

This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , 

Yes. The game does not have quests. It has tasks. If I wanted more tasks I'd get married or ask my boss for some.

exactly !!! 

/10char

• MarpacMarpac Member Posts: 5

Im level 35 and just cleared skullcano, im playing as a tank and it was horrible must of gone through about 10 different healers before one with heal gear actually came and was able to heal me... anyway cleared it and checked my xp bar and i did like 4 bars only so i cant even do multiple runs and get through a few levels.... so

Went back to questing and well logged off because i cant force myself to do anymore boring quests, i feel like im burnt out already and i only play 1 hour a day maybe 2 if im not bored out of my face, and yes im leveling slow :D not because i want to enjoy game more but just because its so fucking boring i cba to play more then an hour at a time...

This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , why cant we level from dungeons?, pvp is shit in this game too messy and too many bots but  bosses are awesome  in dungeons... 

my guildies say just bare with it get to 50 and then it gets fun.... is this true?

i find leveling in this game so very painful  im wondering if its going to be worth the torture this game will put me through if i decide to carry on lol, what should i do !!!!

Just quit playng... 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

what to do what to do !!!!!!!My guildies love this game but i just find it so boring !!!!!!Most of them are 50 now and i just cant force myself to play any longer lol, Im level 35 and just cleared skullcano, im playing as a tank and it was horrible must of gone through about 10 different healers before one with heal gear actually came and was able to heal me... anyway cleared it and checked my xp bar and i did like 4 bars only so i cant even do multiple runs and get through a few levels.... soWent back to questing and well logged off because i cant force myself to do anymore boring quests, i feel like im burnt out already and i only play 1 hour a day maybe 2 if im not bored out of my face, and yes im leveling slow :D not because i want to enjoy game more but just because its so fucking boring i cba to play more then an hour at a time...This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , why cant we level from dungeons?, pvp is shit in this game too messy and too many bots but  bosses are awesome  in dungeons... my guildies say just bare with it get to 50 and then it gets fun.... is this true?i find leveling in this game so very painful  im wondering if its going to be worth the torture this game will put me through if i decide to carry on lol, what should i do !!!!
    Clearly at this point in your gaming life, wildstar is not for you. For the love of god stop playing before you start blaming everything but yourself. Please spare us that LOL thank you :)
    Originally posted by Marpac

Just quit playng... 

ye i think your right lo

i just always feel like i should be playing a mmorpg , i havent not played one for over a decade and im running out of options lol

im not rdy to go back to wow just yet rofl

anyone have any recommendations? 

Originally posted by Foomerang

Clearly at this point in your gaming life, wildstar is not for you. For the love of god stop playing before you start blaming everything but yourself. Please spare us that LOL thank you :)

ye fuck it your right i quit it , it may be a great game for lots people but i dont like it end off /uninstall move along do not pass go dont let the door hit me on the way out , give away my stuffs  :D

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    OP do what i do ..play older mmorpgs that way you know you like what your playing and just get into newer games for TESTING..if it dont suit your needs just move back to something that you like ..hell most mmo's are f2p anyways..dunno why wow hasnt gone that way yet tho..guess they are milking the cow dry lol
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Just quit playng... 

ye i think your right lo

i just always feel like i should be playing a mmorpg , i havent not played one for over a decade and im running out of options lol

Archeage is coming soon.  Some gaming site just released a video of the top 10 things to do in Archeage and questing wasn't even mentioned.

It looks like it will actually be a game that encourages interactivity between players and lots of variety in what you can do.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Rush84 what to do what to do !!!!!!!   My guildies love this game but i just find it so boring !!!!!! Most of them are 50 now and i just cant force myself to play any longer lol,  Im level 35 and just cleared skullcano, im playing as a tank and it was horrible must of gone through about 10 different healers before one with heal gear actually came and was able to heal me... anyway cleared it and checked my xp bar and i did like 4 bars only so i cant even do multiple runs and get through a few levels.... so Went back to questing and well logged off because i cant force myself to do anymore boring quests, i feel like im burnt out already and i only play 1 hour a day maybe 2 if im not bored out of my face, and yes im leveling slow :D not because i want to enjoy game more but just because its so fucking boring i cba to play more then an hour at a time... This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , why cant we level from dungeons?, pvp is shit in this game too messy and too many bots but  bosses are awesome  in dungeons...  my guildies say just bare with it get to 50 and then it gets fun.... is this true? i find leveling in this game so very painful  im wondering if its going to be worth the torture this game will put me through if i decide to carry on lol, what should i do !!!!
    ye fuck it your right i quit it , it may be a great game for lots people but i dont like it end off /uninstall move along do not pass go dont let the door hit me on the way out , give away my stuffs  :D

Hehe right on! Its ok not to play a game you don't like. Amazing how hard that is for some folks. Glad you are moving on and I hope you get back to playing games you love :)
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Just quit playng... 

I agree. If I came to this website to discuss every mmo that I have played simply because it was boring, Stephen King would be impressed with the amount of pages I would need. 

edit: OP, have you done the challenges, crafting, or any of the other miscellaneous things the game has to offer. One of my favorite things about the game is the combat system itself. Not to be snarky, but If you can't appreciate just the simplicity of killing and looting then perhaps you should not play. /shrug.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Just quit playng... 

I agree. If I came to this website to discuss every mmo that I have played simply because it was boring, Stephen King would be impressed with the amount of pages I would need. 

Hahahaha very true :)

As for you OP just quit, its very simple and very easy.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

I really enjoy the game, but im not playing right now because of the performance I get, i was stable around 30 fps for a while but then it started getting worse again to the point thats it bugs me.   I think the tipping point for me was getting 20-25 fps during a platformer type of quest, it took a hour or more to get it done because the jumpes were tight (which is great but count in my fps dropping at the wrong time or a stray lag yea well.) 

Im not deleting it because i do enjoy the game, and i thinks its good, i just want the performance to be even with the gameplay.

So if i ever get new PC (not likely for a while as i dont have problems with any other game ive played) or the game gets the optimization it needs ill be back with money in hand.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Not a bad thing, just not your game, or push on to 50 and see if its bad pugs that's got you down. I get bad pugs can do that no matter how good a game is.
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Just quit playng... 

ye i think your right lo

Archeage is coming soon.  Some gaming site just released a video of the top 10 things to do in Archeage and questing wasn't even mentioned.

It looks like it will actually be a game that encourages interactivity between players and lots of variety in what you can do.

ye i see a video of soem guy being sentenced to jail by other players lol !!! awesome... the guy did 40 counts of robbery, public felacio , rape and fisting  and he got 19 mins in jail lolol  

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    I really don't understand posts like these.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  Why are you seeking therapy or counseling here for it?  Not trying to be rude, but it doesn't make sense to me.  There has to be something out there that's more fun for you to do at this point?
  • seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu

I really don't understand posts like these.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  Why are you seeking therapy or counseling here for it?  Not trying to be rude, but it doesn't make sense to me.  There has to be something out there that's more fun for you to do at this point?

He said right in his OP his guildies play so he is trying to find a way to enjoy it to get to play with them
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Same exact thing happened to me. Dungeons are too difficult for the leveling process, got burned out on quests... it was a disappointment for me, but that's me. People love this game , they either have convinced themselves its fun or genuinely like what WS offers, either way I can't understand it myself, but good for people who enjoy a game for once. Personally, to me, its WoW on hard mode, with a very strange combat system.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I've been playing MMOs for over 10 years and I find I just cannot stay interested in them for as long as I used to. I'm sure this is mainly due to them being new and different way back when and now it just feels like they are more of the same. Unfortunately things don't last for ever and until developers start to innovate again most of us will have to find our entertainment elsewhere.

I had a feeling that I would be in the same position as the OP by mid way to level cap so decided not to spend the money on WS (having just wasted $50 on ESO I wasn't willing to do the same)

I'm sure WS is not a bad game it's just no longer the type of game I am looking for.

Originally posted by seraphynx

He said right in his OP his guildies play so he is trying to find a way to enjoy it to get to play with them

I get that, and I'm not even trying to be condescending or anything like that.  I just still don't get it.  Level 35 takes some work to get to in WildStar so if you don't like the game, not sure what anyone could tell you to change that, you know?  I got several community members/friends that I want to play games with, but we don't like the same stuff here lately.  It sucks but what do you do?  There is certainly no pro-tip or comment  that will convert you into liking WildStar if you don't like it at this point, unless you want to push to end-game and give it a whirl.

• Walkyier70Walkyier70 Member UncommonPosts: 67

i can see how super easy it is to get burnt on questing in the game

its truely just non stop - not thats its linear persay cause you can bounce all over to different areas but gd no shortage of go here do that kill that . which is a good thing i guess .

then ya return to something like ff14 and your like ahhh relief lol

• seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by seraphynx

I get that, and I'm not even trying to be condescending or anything like that.  I just still don't get it.  Level 35 takes some work to get to in WildStar so if you don't like the game, not sure what anyone could tell you to change that, you know?  I got several community members/friends that I want to play games with, but we don't like the same stuff here lately.  It sucks but what do you do?  There is certainly no pro-tip or comment  that will convert you into liking WildStar if you don't like it at this point, unless you want to push to end-game and give it a whirl.

yea i dunno i'm in the same boat pretty much i hit 26 in beta and called it quits a couple friends want me to play but I just don't enjoy the game so i told them i'd see them in the next one..

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

just do what i did,accept the fact it just isnt the game for you. no matter how much you wanna play with friends and enjoy the game like everyone else and thats ok. If a game stops being fun,time to move on or take a break.

Tons of people i know are all in wildstar fandom mode right now,even tho i love housing and customization i really cant stand the game.thats fine tho at the end of the day I play games to relax and get away from the real world and i do that for me not anyone else. So nothing wrong with just accepting its not your thing.

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    OP could not agree MORE. Just hit 12 last night and I forced myself to make it that far, thinking I am wrong about this game too many people like it. Then I realized...NO I am not wrong, this is the most boring, meaningless, ugly (graphically speaking) game I have EVER played. GW2 at least kept my attention for a little while. ESO which I am going back to is MUCH more engaging.
    Bottom line is, like art, music, etc., a game isn't for everyone.  Personally, I think the game is a masterpiece, but I won't get into writing a whole thing out about why.  I know that combat and PVP matter to me a lot, along with graphics, etc., and I think this game nails a bunch of stuff for me.  However, if you hate it, you hate it, no one can make you like a song, or a piece of art or a game.  Gotta go find your thang!
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by Walkyier70

i can see how super easy it is to get burnt on questing in the game

its truely just non stop - not thats its linear persay cause you can bounce all over to different areas but gd no shortage of go here do that kill that . which is a good thing i guess .

then ya return to something like ff14 and your like ahhh relief lol

Questing to max level in Wildstar is quite horrible. This is coming from someone that is level 50.

I've been trying to figure out why its so boring and the only thing I could come up with is that you just stay in one zone/are for too long. Not only that but there really are no other options for where you want to level at (Except the low level one....which in the long run means nothing.)

What other level 50s state is true though. The game is amazing at max level.

I think they just need to increase how much experience you get while questing.