Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Dragon Age: Inquisition: E3 Preview: The Dragon Age We’ve Waited For?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

If we had an E3 Award for “Best Game for which we waited in line for 40 minutes even though we had VIP access but then were treated to a 30-minute demo that blew all other presentations out of the water,” then Bioware and EA’s Dragon Age: Inquisition would have cleaned house.  The newest installment in the iconic Dragon Age series looks every bit the part as herald for a new era of single-player fantasy RPGs, and totally stole the show for me.

Read more of Som Pourfarzaneh's Dragon Age Inquisition: E3 Preview - The Dragon Age We've Waited For?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97
    I loved DA 2, so I'm happy to see the game as refinements of the best parts of both games.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

After the BS with the last release in the Dragon Age franchise, there is absolutely nothing the marketeers (including those here at MMORPG.com) can do to make me "get excited" about this title.

Let alone pre-order or buy at release.

If the game ends up being good, with good player reviews a while after release, I might buy it.

But after the ripoff of Dragon Age 2, they can take all their hype and stuff it.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice....

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Not down with it being twitch based.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Segun777
    I loved DA 2, so I'm happy to see the game as refinements of the best parts of both games.

yeah i enjoyed DA2 as well but the combat was a nightmare. A 3D game with moba combat clicking on enemies. That was a horrendous experience for me although i still beat the game and liked it. If they offer gamepad support in DA3 ill get it on PC for the better graphics, otherwise i wont.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Still working my way through Dragon Age. Gimped my Mage and I got stuck. started a new game as a Rogue and I LOVED it. Definitely porting this character into DAII and hopefully I'll be ready for Inquisition (already pre-ordered).

I hope it gets me hooked as much as DA did =)

• codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Segun777

yeah i enjoyed DA2 as well but the combat was a nightmare. A 3D game with moba combat clicking on enemies. That was a horrendous experience for me although i still beat the game and liked it. If they offer gamepad support in DA3 ill get it on PC for the better graphics, otherwise i wont.

Yet a lot of people prefer the combat being tactical (swap between characters) and click to hit a target. I despise that combat so much. It feels so outdated to me, it's like I played one of the first 3D games in my life. But I enjoyed the story, characters and the world in DA origin quite a lot, but I just couldn't stand the combat system, so I gave up on the game. I also feel DA would be great if you just played your own character and there wasn't a way to control NPCs. Now obviously many will say it wouldn't be DA anymore, I understand, but still, I despise it. So what I've seen so far about DA3 myself, I think this game will be my first DA game to play through until the end, tho I can't tell if the story will be any good, or the characters. Action game is always + to me.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I enjoyed both DA and DA2 and am really excited for DA3! The environments are finally awesome looking and now it looks like an actual world instead of small areas everywhere.

Smile

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

"and illustrated how bosses (at least, the one being shown) have separate hit boxes for their heads, feet, hindquarters, and more.  When hit, the dragon would react to the specific area from which it was attacked, which suggests some interesting possibilities for boss AI"

Very interesting, been hoping for years that some game would try combat with seperate hit boxes. They didn't impress me with the first DA, but it is still Bioware after all and if they nail the combat, it could very well hit my taste... It's always the details that decide.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Inquisition looks promising... but I´ll be more cautious this time.

Hated DA2 and lost faith in the franchise... Turned into a console port looking game.

I´ll have to wait for fair reviews and mouth to mouth from friends before even thinking of buying.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

Morrigan!!!!! 

Oh snap know what just hit me? So lets say god child was actually Morrigan's child. Who decided to jump to the future and have a little fun. Wait... What.? No! arrrggg dam you Bioware!

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Sorry....not falling for cinematic trailers anymore.

Show me IGF.

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202

I greatly enjoyed both Dragon Age 1 and 2. 

Inquisition is looking fantastic!

I can't wait, and I hope it gets released on time.

As a dragon age fanboy, I was overjoyed to find out we can play a Quanari in inquisition.

My first character is going to be Quanari Knight Enchanter.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Eh, I just don't believe in BioWare anymore. Inquisition looks pretty, but my bets are on it being a highly scripted, almost completely linear game with medocre gameplay, just like all of their other latest offerings. The best thing I can say about BioWare in recent years is that the multiplayer of Mass Effect 3 was fun and unique... too bad it was madeas a side project by a separate team.

Between The Witcher 3, all the indie RPGs coming out and EA's marketing efforts, EA's marketing efforts clearly lose.

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202
    Any good tips on indie rpgs in the works?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by codifier

I also feel DA would be great if you just played your own character and there wasn't a way to control NPCs.

Actually you can play that way. That's how I "mostly" do it.

You can set rules so that the other characters do their own thing. I'm not sure how feasible that would be on the most difficult setting but with a few exceptions I've pretty much just played my own character.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by grndzro

Sorry....not falling for cinematic trailers anymore.

Show me IGF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYdE4kONvFE

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Pretty good time to be an rpg player. Divinity original sin => dragon age => the witcher 3

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

2 Let me down hard, but despite the ending, I loved every bit of ME 3 except the last 5 mins.... DA:I is shaping up to be an amazing game and I am really looking forward to revisiting Ferelden and the rest of the continent.

Simply put, this looks like the game that will put Bioware back on form.