Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is ZM deleting my TESO sale posts on the forums?

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Posts also get edited Spizz...even I don't understand why. :)
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by MarkAnd81

Hmm. Very lame policy if they don't want to save their subscribers money. MMO's like TESO make money from sub sales, not game sales. 

Getting more people into the game at $10 is a lot better than not getting anyone in at $60.

Whatever. Stupid policy is stupid.

I also love how some people go out of their way to point out the deal doesn't exist because on line prices don't reflect that, even if Amazon is selling it for $29.99 anyway. Apparently it is also incredibly difficult to google Elder Scrolls Online $9.99, see countless threads, receipt screenshots for price matching, etc. Or you know... Actually call a Walmart.

The game going down in price is a good thing. Stop pointing people to the official site. If they can't buy a Walmart or Ebay copy (some are selling at $14-$15 for the Walmart copy), then they can still buy from Amazon for half the price that ZM wants for it.

When did gamer's get so mean and vindictive?

I think it's important people know this isn't every Walmart, and it's not normal, as others have pointed out it's probably clearance of overstock, that's not saying it doesn't exist, it's saying keep things in context and don't get peoples hopes up. As for why Zen would delete your post, try walking into just about any store with a sign advertising lower competitor prices, it's really no different.

Besides who doesn't know to shop around for better prices before you buy something,  it's not like such PSA's are needed, if there's anything most people understand it's saving money.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

probably because they dont' want people to get the idea they are actaully selling for 10$.

It happens in other games for me too.  ToyRUS are having a sell, and selling games for 10$.  It is a clearance sell, since they no longer want to sell digital video games.  So in the end there are a bunch of post on a few online games forum that their game is selling for 10$.  And the forum mod took them down.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

It is strange really multipart. I can see it being useful for the company (since they would of gotten the cash for it already with stores getting it) though of course digital gives them more of the profit. Still, having more people in wouldn't be bad, unless they want to maximize the profits they get due to not believing they might get monthly subs from those buying it from the stores, which could be a reason.

I guess the biggest reaosn might be PR. People seeing it being sold cheap in order to get rid of stock can make the game look bad, which might be their reasons for getting rid of it. A few more people in game might not be deemed worth the amount they feel negative PR will give the game for having its price cut that cheap for physical copies.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Right now Zenimax is handing out 3 day game and forum bans if you say one negative thing about the game.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Bullshit.
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Bullshit.

Not bullshit, go on the forums and type something negative about the devs, you will get a 3 day vacation.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Bullshit.

Not bullshit, go on the forums and type something negative about the devs, you will get a 3 day vacation.

Here is the opening paragraph from a thread that was posted on June 9th:

"Craglorn is probably the biggest insult to the Elder Scrolls fans that are playing Elder Scrolls Online. It has been the concern of Elder Scrolls fans since the announcement of the game if Zenimax would cater to the MMO crowd, or the Elder Scrolls crowd. Prioritization through the patches, and the level design of the FIRST content patch is showing Zenimax's targeted crowd."

This poster thinks that lore and the Elder Scrolls series are being sacrificed in the name of MMO gameplay. I don't think he is correct, but that is a comment directly at Zenimax and the devs. It did not get closed and I see no sign of a 3 day vacation.

But that's just some evidence from my side that what you are saying is false. You just crack on telling everyone how you know the truth, yet offer nothing to show what you are saying is true. That's the norm for negativity aimed at TESO on this site, so why should you be any different?

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

Breaking news!

A MMO was today seen in local stores at sale price, more proof that the world is ending soon as no other games have ever been seen in this state.

Tune in next month when Wildstar will be 99 cents and the Moon will explode.

/sigh

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • MarkAnd81MarkAnd81 Member Posts: 19
    Bullshit.

No they are not. I got fed up with them deleting all sale threads, and kept making new ones asking why they are being deleted. Got a PM'd response warning me to cut it out and that it was against the TOS. No ban, no nothing.

They may be delete happy, but they are not as bad as some make them out to be.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by MarkAnd81
    Bullshit.

No they are not. I got fed up with them deleting all sale threads, and kept making new ones asking why they are being deleted. Got a PM'd response warning me to cut it out and that it was against the TOS. No ban, no nothing.

They may be delete happy, but they are not as bad as some make them out to be.

Did you ever think that it has less to do with "not wanting to give their subscribers a good price" and more to do with "not wanting to promote any single retailer or commercial entity?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

No I don't think the OP thinks much at all. 

After all he had to ask people here if the game was worth 10 bucks.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• DaveyColeDaveyCole Member Posts: 85

Let's be real about this. They probably deleted your threads because they could be considered as fear mongering. They are a company and they are trying to protect the value of their product. A sharp decline in the sale value of their flagship MMO leads to forum discussions like "why is it so cheap" and "even _____ MMO lasted longer before it was that price." In essence they are cutting off the head of the snake before it can bite. I am not at all surprised by their action.

Does that mean it's right? Probably not if they are trying to foster any sense of openness or transparency with the community. But at this point I think they have bigger things to worry about.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Originally posted by Scot

"I also love how some people go out of their way to point out the deal doesn't exist because on line prices don't reflect that, even if Amazon is selling it for $29.99 anyway. Apparently it is also incredibly difficult to google Elder Scrolls Online $9.99, see countless threads, receipt screenshots for price matching, etc. Or you know... Actually call a Walmart."

It seems some Walmarts are offering at this price in selected stores. But I am basing that purely on posts here, I googled "Elder Scrolls Online $9.99," and did not find one receipt screenshot, I looked at price matching sites and found 20 to 40$. Perhaps your Goggle is better than mine? :D

I am not sure that industry insiders would agree that it is all about the sub. The baulk of players only play for one or two months and then leave every MMO for the next one, or go back to solo games. Certainly though reducing price will mean more end up on the sub.

agreed, it must be his cousin or guild mate trying to back his claim. what kind of person references a busted google search? rofl.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor

Breaking news!

A MMO was today seen in local stores at sale price, more proof that the world is ending soon as no other games have ever been seen in this state.

Tune in next month when Wildstar will be 99 cents and the Moon will explode.

/sigh

made me laugh