Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The issue with WoW and WS

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Both games put you into a position where you MUST endure LONG QUE'S to raid (WoW) or do dungeons (WS) to get good gear.

Not that there is an issue doing dungeons or raids, it just the wait times in QUE which are forever in both and worse in WS because its just there normal dungeons.

Also, WS goes to one extreme and WoW the other in questing.

For example, in WoW you must stay in a certain area or DIE...and the Timeless Isle is a boring grind zone

In WS you can find a ton of quests that keep the flow going, but you can get overwhelmed and burnt out because the gear blows.

The only time WoW was fun, was during the questing in Lich King and before bots took over PvP.

In WS, it was fun at the start and then quickly got stale.

Dont these game designers ever learn?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Yes, this is the issue with those games. Both have failed miserably due to this. 

It's a crying shame.

"Dont these game designers ever learn?"

Nope. Blizzard is going to keep doing what they are doing. What they need is an expert in the field like you to guide them from their stray path and get their game back in order. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• kresa3333kresa3333 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    lol good one
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I actually preferred WoW in it's original state.  I think there was only one raid area and it was at the very end of the game.  There were a lot of fun optional small group dungeons.  Most of the quests were at least somewhat interesting.  The vanilla world was also a lot more immersive then the Lich King or Burning Crusade (to me). 

I recently popped back into WoW and noticed they removed all the talent trees.  You are now forced into a specific build it appears to (keep the  balance).  I was also greeted with the message that I can upgrade one character to level 90 lol.  I'm not about to skip the only part of the game I enjoy a bit (low levels in the old world).  

I actually like that they have reduced the amount of abilities available in the game, but I don't like that you can't dabble in making a hybrid of sorts.  It seems to defeat the purpose of classes like the Druid, Monk, Paladin, Shaman, etc.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

You know PvP gear is not locked behind pve content. And top end crafted gear is on par with end game dungeons. Kind of disproves the initial post.

If you're going to condemn an entire game based on some design flaw, at least be accurate :)

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

You know if you don't treat everyone online like they're an NPC that are only there to fill a party so you can get loot....you'll make a few friends that could do a dungeon or raid with you whenever you want ?

I know it's a huge secret that only a few of us have learned in the last 15 years of gaming and I may get kicked out of the super secret club for telling you this...but you should try it.

• Big-CronkBig-Cronk Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by DamonVile

You know if you don't treat everyone online like they're an NPC that are only there to fill a party so you can get loot....you'll make a few friends that could do a dungeon or raid with you whenever you want ?

I know it's a huge secret that only a few of us have learned in the last 15 years of gaming and I may get kicked out of the super secret club for telling you this...but you should try it.

Shhhh, they aren't ready yet

• JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Both games put you into a position where you MUST endure LONG QUE'S to raid (WoW) or do dungeons (WS) to get good gear.

Not that there is an issue doing dungeons or raids, it just the wait times in QUE which are forever in both and worse in WS because its just there normal dungeons.

Also, WS goes to one extreme and WoW the other in questing.

For example, in WoW you must stay in a certain area or DIE...and the Timeless Isle is a boring grind zone

In WS you can find a ton of quests that keep the flow going, but you can get overwhelmed and burnt out because the gear blows.

The only time WoW was fun, was during the questing in Lich King and before bots took over PvP.

In WS, it was fun at the start and then quickly got stale.

Dont these game designers ever learn?

Whats to learn? They have about 5 times the subscriptions than any other game. 

Wildstar is made by the same devs.

What queue times for raids? You get into a guild and jump in. Takes 5s to get summoned and you are killing shit.

If you dont want queue times just become a class that matters, learn how to heal, learn how to tank. You will never have a queue time ever again. 

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Yes, this is the issue with those games. Both have failed miserably due to this. 

It's a crying shame.

"Dont these game designers ever learn?"

Nope. Blizzard is going to keep doing what they are doing. What they need is an expert in the field like you to guide them from their stray path and get their game back in order. 

I laughed in RL after reading this.  I won't lie :-)