Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planetside is now free to play..we need more people to join VS

ValkanisarValkanisar Member UncommonPosts: 494

if you have not heard, planetside 1 is now free to play.. such a great shooter..though it sucks when there are not a lot of people so if you want to kill folks then please come play..hopefully you choose to play on VS as we have the lowest population....

if you have a SOE account you can just login. if not you will need to create an account first here https://account.station.sony.com/reg/registration.action?theme=soe&locale=en_US&service=https%3A%2F%2Fauth.station.sony.com%2Flogin%3Fservice%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faccount.station.sony.com%252Fj_spring_cas_security_check%26theme%3Dsoe%26locale%3Den_US

you can download the game here    https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS_setup.exe

Comments

• mogi67mogi67 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Did they speed up progression? I remember the grind being kind of slow especially if you weren't getting a shit-ton of kills
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

YES!  Just in time for my birthday!

My favourite game of all time!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Tempting indeed. Might call my VS buddy and the two of us can join the fight. Really miss the battles of PS (and I was a late arrival, years after launch). Never did try PS2 because I am diametrically opposed to the game monetization model.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Can I play this game on my PC?

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    The only concern that is stopping me from even attempting to get into this game would be the fact that SOE has no cash shop or anything for it. It is literally bringing them 0 dollars now. So what incentive do they have to keep it up? They brought down Wizardry, Vanguard and countless others that were still bringing at least some money in.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    The only concern that is stopping me from even attempting to get into this game would be the fact that SOE has no cash shop or anything for it. It is literally bringing them 0 dollars now. So what incentive do they have to keep it up? They brought down Wizardry, Vanguard and countless others that were still bringing at least some money in.

EQ Mac lasted almost 2 years as ftp with no cash shop

from Feb 2012 until Nov 2013

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Is there a reason to play PS1 when there is PS2 (which is also F2P)?
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Yes, there are several dozen reasons.

• ValkanisarValkanisar Member UncommonPosts: 494
    Originally posted by mayito7777

yes..this game is pretty old and would probably run on a shitty celeron lol

Originally posted by Shoko_Lied

care to share them?

Originally posted by nariusseldon Is there a reason to play PS1 when there is PS2 (which is also F2P)?
    care to share them?

It's not your cup of tea. The graphics are not the latest and greatest. And to enjoy the game requires teamwork. Anyone who has seen your posts can say with confidence that it's something you wouldn't be interested in. I'm not going to explain why since it is akin to asking you why you are you.

Furthermore, not sure why you are soliciting opinions since history shows you favor expressing your own rather than listening to those of others.

But...as it's free...do what you like.

In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

Originally posted by Arclan

Originally posted by nariusseldon Is there a reason to play PS1 when there is PS2 (which is also F2P)?
    care to share them?

It's not your cup of tea. The graphics are not the latest and greatest. And to enjoy the game requires teamwork. Anyone who has seen your posts can say with confidence that it's something you wouldn't be interested in. I'm not going to explain why since it is akin to asking you why you are you.

Furthermore, not sure why you are soliciting opinions since history shows you favor expressing your own rather than listening to those of others.

But...as it's free...do what you like.

You are right .. not my cup of tea.

However, without asking for the reasons, how do i know it is not my cup of tea?

if you are looking for an outfit on the VS side send a message too MACKTICKLER..can invite you into azure twilight..which used to be the biggest outfit on the server before PS2 came out... there are about 10 of the members who have come back so far to play..

Will do. Maybe you could broadcast that once in a while. I could have used an outfit over the weekend. Hmm do you require Vent? I am not a fan. But maybe.

Originally posted by Arclan

Will do. Maybe you could broadcast that once in a while. I could have used an outfit over the weekend. Hmm do you require Vent? I am not a fan. But maybe.

from what i remember of azure twilight is they did require vent or something similar...im not a leader of the outfit..just an old member from years ago..so as of now dont think there is a requirement  to use voice chat...but im sure once the outfit has lots more members im sure we will need voice