Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Frontlines details at last! (FFXIV large scale PVP)

so basically its a large map with 3 bases. i will post the video from the stream that shows how big the map is later once its uploaded.

 

anyways here are the details:

 

 

*  frontlines, will be with lots of people. Also, the parameters are casual so anyone should be able to jump in and have fun.

 

*people to participate in a match…. 24x24x24= 72 total

 

*There is one base for each Grand Company. the name of the location ( map) = (Carteneau Plains)

* 30 minutes fights.

* if you die it , bases is where you respawn and you can’t get back in once you fall down.

* Huge map. there is PvP mounts.

* requirements to enter: Level 50. There is a new iLevel sync system. Morale is also irrelevent.

* Rewards are PvP wolf marks, PvP experience and the mount. You will also get Soldiery or other tomes (Myth). You can do frontlines as a replacement of dungeon runs.

* there are monsters,  Just be careful of the enemy sneaking up while you are fighting.

*  No limits on job entry. But you can change jobs at the outpost. You can figure out the best and then change as needed. You can fall also, so watch your steps.

*You don’t attack the bases. There are points for killing other teams but there are points on the map that are more important. There are these flags in the circle. Claim the points (6 total) and get points. ( very similar to GW2)

* The finder on this will change too. If not many are queuing, it may only bring in teams of 8 or 16.

 

* Frontlines will commence in patch 2.3 which is going to be released July 8th

 

EDIT :

video showing the map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCVA2jKfFGg

 

Edit2 :

official news from website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7

AAAAND ... even more details from an intreview:

Regarding Frontline:

  • (Compared to Wolve's Den, will it be more relaxed?) We made it so it can be played more casually. In the future, we'd like to introduce more large scale PvP elements like siege weapons and castle raids, as well as more varied and even bigger maps.

  • (Will we end up with Realm vs Realm contents?) Nothing that extreme. FFXIV is still a PvE game at heart. We simply wanted to entice players to perhaps spend a few hours in PvP each week. This is why we're also including tomestones as a reward in Frontline.

  • (The decision to eliminate Morale for Frontline was surprising. Why?) You can still use your PvP skills that you've upgraded so there's still some advantage to those who spent time in Wolves' Den. But for Frontline we wanted to see an even fight between all sides. When Frontline is released there will also be a complete overhaul to almost all of the PvP skills. The ones that we feel are too strong, ones that are too weak, ones that last too long or too short. All of them will be readjusted.

  • (How big will the Frontline battlefield be?) Just a bit smaller than Central Shroud. The 3 home camps are far apart and cannot see each other. So you might get caught off guard if an army suddenly comes rolling down the road.

  • (Was it always planned to have 72 players?) Yes, we wanted to aim for at least 24vs24vs24 from the beginning.

«1

Comments

  • NephaeriusNephaerius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,539Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

    so basically its a large map with 3 bases. i will post the video from the stream that shows how big the map is later once its uploaded.

     

    anyways here are the details:

     

     

    *  frontlines, will be with lots of people. Also, the parameters are casual so anyone should be able to jump in and have fun.

     

    *people to participate in a match…. 24x24x24= 72 total

     

    *There is one base for each Grand Company. the name of the location ( map) = (Carteneau Plains)

    * 30 minutes fights.

    * if you die it , bases is where you respawn and you can’t get back in once you fall down.

    * Huge map. there is PvP mounts.

    * requirements to enter: Level 50. There is a new iLevel sync system. Morale is also irrelevent.

    * Rewards are PvP wolf marks, PvP experience and the mount. You will also get Soldiery or other tomes (Myth). You can do frontlines as a replacement of dungeon runs.

    * there are monsters,  Just be careful of the enemy sneaking up while you are fighting.

    *  No limits on job entry. But you can change jobs at the outpost. You can figure out the best and then change as needed. You can fall also, so watch your steps.

    *You don’t attack the bases. There are points for killing other teams but there are points on the map that are more important. There are these flags in the circle. Claim the points (6 total) and get points. ( very similar to GW2)

    * The finder on this will change too. If not many are queuing, it may only bring in teams of 8 or 16.

     

     

    Sounds neat. Even though I'm not playing I'm interested to see what they do with PvP in such a traditionally PvE-centric title.

    Steam: Neph

  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Binghamton, NYPosts: 176Member Uncommon
    Sounds more like a 3 way Arathi Basin.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide GislavedPosts: 583Member Uncommon
    this game lacks proper PvP! might just check things out when this is released.

    kek

  • reeereeereeereee Posts: 1,202Member Uncommon
    Odd, I thought Frontlines were suppose to be FFXIV's version of WvW not just an unusually large bg. 
  • drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,242Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by reeereee
    Odd, I thought Frontlines were suppose to be FFXIV's version of WvW not just an unusually large bg. 

    Nah yoshi and team said from the beginning it would be three way faction pvp aka the companies.

  • RakujiRakuji Rossville, GAPosts: 135Member

    Honestly I hope they don't focus to much on pvp, FF14 is an epic pve game by far. One of the best combat engines ever created for an mmorpg. I have played them all and have never had this much fun fighting mobs. Ya most of the game is about avoiding crap but hey its better than just standing there pressing the same button over and over like you do in wow. or pressing no buttons like you did in eq, unless of course you were a caster in which case again you casted one spell over and over. Lets look at AC you casted your buffs and went to autoattacking lol. And while I wanted wildstar to be awesome let's face it, the combat is wonky and has a lot of updates ahead to get it just right. GW2 Combat is like washing clothes on a wash board in a cold river. Rift is just another press your I win buttons along with the mmo's that are out.

     

    I just don't feel that the kinda combat that FF14 brings to the table is suited for pvp but what do I know I havn't even pvp'd in the game yet. Doubt that I will. WoW kinda killed pvp in mmorpg's for me. When I want a pvp fix I play Smite. Play FF14 for my PvE fix.

    Kick to the Face.

  • DakeruDakeru Posts: 1,646Member Uncommon

    Whenever I see threads about FFXIV pvp all the players agree that this is the worst feature of the game.

    Kind of makes me wonder why they keep on working on this part.

    I have an entitlement delusion - because I have this strange idea that my 50$ should have the same value as anyone else's 50$
    "Your account is not entitled to the same value as a new account. Just saying you are entitled to the same as someone else because you said so is exactly what expresses your entitlement issues."

  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang BahrainPosts: 354Member
    for me honestly I hate jumping between games to get pvp fix from this and PvE fix from that. I really think having PvP is important in this game , I do not plan to play pvp 24/7 but it is always good to break out of grind or PvE and just PvP for fun, this feature is important to have for me to get a complete experience out of an MMO.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

    2.5s GCD + 72 people with CCs = low expectations. (for me at least)

  • LahuzerLahuzer BorPosts: 666Member Uncommon
    I haven't played this cause it haven't had any proper PVP feautres. At least this is a small step in the right direction for us PVP-lovers. If it only were something more then a "big" bg...
  • HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaPosts: 5,354Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dakeru

    Whenever I see threads about FFXIV pvp all the players agree that this is the worst feature of the game.

    Kind of makes me wonder why they keep on working on this part.

    If it's the worst feature in the game they should probably work on improving it...

    "Housing is standard in most mmo's."
    - yolteotl79

  • AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by Dakeru

    Whenever I see threads about FFXIV pvp all the players agree that this is the worst feature of the game.

    Kind of makes me wonder why they keep on working on this part.

    If it's the worst feature in the game they should probably work on improving it...

    Agreed. The lack of PvP options in the game is what drove me away initially before I could really get far into the game. Knowing they are working on this aspect has me considering picking the game back up again.

    Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

  • nbtscannbtscan Phoenix, AZPosts: 778Member Uncommon

    I play this game for the PvE, but it's always nice to have more options.  The Arena style fighting did not interest me in the slightest (never even tried it) but a larger scale fight I'm a little more intrigued by.  I will probably give this a try, and if I find it enjoyable I'll do it regularly enough to work towards being able to get some of that high level shiny PvP armor, strictly for glamours.  

    I'm really curious how the queuing for the battleground will work, whether you can go in with a full premade party, solo only, or partial party.  I'd like to do this with people I know rather than going in solo so we can communicate over VoIP and just have fun with it.

  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,551Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Foomerang

    2.5s GCD + 72 people with CCs = low expectations. (for me at least)

    It said you need to be 50 to join, I hope peoples GCD is less than that when they are 50

  • FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Originally posted by Foomerang 2.5s GCD + 72 people with CCs = low expectations. (for me at least)
    It said you need to be 50 to join, I hope peoples GCD is less than that when they are 50

    hehe yeah 2.48 :P

    Im just kidding!

  • HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaPosts: 5,354Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nbtscan

    I play this game for the PvE, but it's always nice to have more options.  The Arena style fighting did not interest me in the slightest (never even tried it) but a larger scale fight I'm a little more intrigued by.  I will probably give this a try, and if I find it enjoyable I'll do it regularly enough to work towards being able to get some of that high level shiny PvP armor, strictly for glamours.  

    I'm really curious how the queuing for the battleground will work, whether you can go in with a full premade party, solo only, or partial party.  I'd like to do this with people I know rather than going in solo so we can communicate over VoIP and just have fun with it.

    From what I've heard they're trying to make it more accessible by not having morale affect your stats and with there being a ilvl80 level sync in place.

    "Housing is standard in most mmo's."
    - yolteotl79

  • DakeruDakeru Posts: 1,646Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by Dakeru

    Whenever I see threads about FFXIV pvp all the players agree that this is the worst feature of the game.

    Kind of makes me wonder why they keep on working on this part.

    If it's the worst feature in the game they should probably work on improving it...

    Yeah absolutely.

    But simply adding a bigger map for more players isn't the same as improving key features.

    I have an entitlement delusion - because I have this strange idea that my 50$ should have the same value as anyone else's 50$
    "Your account is not entitled to the same value as a new account. Just saying you are entitled to the same as someone else because you said so is exactly what expresses your entitlement issues."

  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang BahrainPosts: 354Member

    well to be honest it wasnt the big map that fixed pvp, making everyone equip the pvp skills from the get go in last patch made a big difference in pvp but no one gave it a chance. there are many skills now off GCD and in which provides massive pvp advantage but again no one bothered. 

     

    not to mention that now with pvp points u can go immediatly to tier 3 without teir 1 etc. again no one knows- .-.

  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang BahrainPosts: 354Member

    even more details on frontline in their official website now :

     

    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7

     

    enjoy :D

  • ChrisboxChrisbox Monroe, NJPosts: 1,707Member Uncommon
    I can care less whether or not FFXIV has pvp in it but I'm actually interested in doing this, I don't mind some 72 man pvp action to cap out soldiery tomestones every week and pick up a new mount.  I'm not sure if Yoshi-P wants this game to have a large PvP community or not but this is certainly a step towards it. As a final fantasy game though people that still haven't realized should see that PVE will always be priority. 

    Played-Everything
    Playing-FFXIV:ARR

  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang BahrainPosts: 354Member
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    I can care less whether or not FFXIV has pvp in it but I'm actually interested in doing this, I don't mind some 72 man pvp action to cap out soldiery tomestones every week and pick up a new mount.  I'm not sure if Yoshi-P wants this game to have a large PvP community or not but this is certainly a step towards it. As a final fantasy game though people that still haven't realized should see that PVE will always be priority. 

    I agree fully on the reason of interest you have in this event. but I also think its vital for any MMO to have both PvE and PvP aspect. I am sure there many players like me who will not hardcore PvP or PvE, but rather switch around different progression system so the game will never become stale. I have jumping from game to game , and the concept of one character can be all hit the nail for me that this game is what MMO should be like.

  • RLWDRLWD LolsPosts: 26Member
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang
     

     but I also think its vital for any MMO to have both PvE and PvP aspect. 

    This. There's quite a few people that argue that they should just stop developing PvP for the game, because "It's a final fantasy game". So the game shouldn't be an MMO either because most final fantasy games aren't right? I mean how many Rpg franchises had PvP in their single player iterations ?!  Elder Scrolls sure didn't for example and it's one of ESO's biggest calling points. 

    It baffles me how adding another type of gameplay, which the presence of makes or breaks a game for some people, could ever be fought against. 

    Oh and for those wondering, PvP in this game does one thing great which is the fact that it uses ALL the jobs/classes abilties so much more than PvE does, when you come from PvE you usually have a bunch of skills that you  rarely use and then find out that they're really useful in PvP, this especially true for CCs, debuffs and even some buffs that take an whole different importance in there. The GCD also adds a tactic layer to the whole thing.

  • GravehillGravehill pickering, ONPosts: 95Member
    Really happy that this isn't some keep capturing BS. I love me some capture the flag
  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang BahrainPosts: 354Member

    AAAAND ... even more details from an intreview:

     

    Regarding Frontline:

    • (Compared to Wolve's Den, will it be more relaxed?) We made it so it can be played more casually. In the future, we'd like to introduce more large scale PvP elements like siege weapons and castle raids, as well as more varied and even bigger maps.

    • (Will we end up with Realm vs Realm contents?) Nothing that extreme. FFXIV is still a PvE game at heart. We simply wanted to entice players to perhaps spend a few hours in PvP each week. This is why we're also including tomestones as a reward in Frontline.

    • (The decision to eliminate Morale for Frontline was surprising. Why?) You can still use your PvP skills that you've upgraded so there's still some advantage to those who spent time in Wolves' Den. But for Frontline we wanted to see an even fight between all sides. When Frontline is released there will also be a complete overhaul to almost all of the PvP skills. The ones that we feel are too strong, ones that are too weak, ones that last too long or too short. All of them will be readjusted.

    • (How big will the Frontline battlefield be?) Just a bit smaller than Central Shroud. The 3 home camps are far apart and cannot see each other. So you might get caught off guard if an army suddenly comes rolling down the road.

    • (Was it always planned to have 72 players?) Yes, we wanted to aim for at least 24vs24vs24 from the beginning.

  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Somewhere, NCPosts: 1,582Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by RLWD
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang
     

     but I also think its vital for any MMO to have both PvE and PvP aspect. 

    This. There's quite a few people that argue that they should just stop developing PvP for the game, because "It's a final fantasy game". So the game shouldn't be an MMO either because most final fantasy games aren't right? I mean how many Rpg franchises had PvP in their single player iterations ?!  Elder Scrolls sure didn't for example and it's one of ESO's biggest calling points. 

    It baffles me how adding another type of gameplay, which the presence of makes or breaks a game for some people, could ever be fought against. 

    Oh and for those wondering, PvP in this game does one thing great which is the fact that it uses ALL the jobs/classes abilties so much more than PvE does, when you come from PvE you usually have a bunch of skills that you  rarely use and then find out that they're really useful in PvP, this especially true for CCs, debuffs and even some buffs that take an whole different importance in there. The GCD also adds a tactic layer to the whole thing.

     

    No, they should stop developing PVP because it's a waste of resources. I don't know a single person in my FC who does PVP in this game. People don't play Final Fantasy for PVP, they play Final Fantasy for Final Fantasy. The only reason this is a thing is because Yoshi-P wants FFXIV to be WoW.

    <3

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.