It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
so basically its a large map with 3 bases. i will post the video from the stream that shows how big the map is later once its uploaded.
anyways here are the details:
* frontlines, will be with lots of people. Also, the parameters are casual so anyone should be able to jump in and have fun.
*people to participate in a match…. 24x24x24= 72 total
*There is one base for each Grand Company. the name of the location ( map) = (Carteneau Plains)
* 30 minutes fights.
* if you die it , bases is where you respawn and you can’t get back in once you fall down.
* Huge map. there is PvP mounts.
* requirements to enter: Level 50. There is a new iLevel sync system. Morale is also irrelevent.
* Rewards are PvP wolf marks, PvP experience and the mount. You will also get Soldiery or other tomes (Myth). You can do frontlines as a replacement of dungeon runs.
* there are monsters, Just be careful of the enemy sneaking up while you are fighting.
* No limits on job entry. But you can change jobs at the outpost. You can figure out the best and then change as needed. You can fall also, so watch your steps.
*You don’t attack the bases. There are points for killing other teams but there are points on the map that are more important. There are these flags in the circle. Claim the points (6 total) and get points. ( very similar to GW2)
* The finder on this will change too. If not many are queuing, it may only bring in teams of 8 or 16.
* Frontlines will commence in patch 2.3 which is going to be released July 8th
video showing the map
official news from website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/55efe7893cea8d3159727e4f291db2da455c74e7
AAAAND ... even more details from an intreview:
(Compared to Wolve's Den, will it be more relaxed?) We made it so it can be played more casually. In the future, we'd like to introduce more large scale PvP elements like siege weapons and castle raids, as well as more varied and even bigger maps.
(Will we end up with Realm vs Realm contents?) Nothing that extreme. FFXIV is still a PvE game at heart. We simply wanted to entice players to perhaps spend a few hours in PvP each week. This is why we're also including tomestones as a reward in Frontline.
(The decision to eliminate Morale for Frontline was surprising. Why?) You can still use your PvP skills that you've upgraded so there's still some advantage to those who spent time in Wolves' Den. But for Frontline we wanted to see an even fight between all sides. When Frontline is released there will also be a complete overhaul to almost all of the PvP skills. The ones that we feel are too strong, ones that are too weak, ones that last too long or too short. All of them will be readjusted.
(How big will the Frontline battlefield be?) Just a bit smaller than Central Shroud. The 3 home camps are far apart and cannot see each other. So you might get caught off guard if an army suddenly comes rolling down the road.
(Was it always planned to have 72 players?) Yes, we wanted to aim for at least 24vs24vs24 from the beginning.