Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Three Faction PvP MMOs in the past, Do you like it more if Classes were unique per faction? Or is

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

In Three Faction PvP MMOs in the past, Do you like it more if Classes were unique per faction? Or is that harder to Balance?

How did you like the class set up to be when it comes to factions?

*Do you want all the Classes per faction to be unique?

*Would you rather most of the Classes be the same, but with a few Unique Faction Specific Classes (I.E: Vanilla WoW Paladin-Alliance and Shaman-Horde, etc)

*Would you like all the classes to be the Same for each Faction?

How would Balance of the PvP be effected by your choice of the above, and would you be tolerable of that balance?

Also tell me the pros and cons of these models from your experience?

If you know a better class model for PvP, what is it and why?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

I prefer skill systems, so the base idea of a class is already a negative. A Skills version is probably harder to balance, which is why you see developers taking the easier out of class systems. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Unique classes is the best option for me. Balance is something that should be done on overall level not class level. Example it's if one side has the stronger melee classes but weaker ranged classes for example. Class unbalance can be compensated by overall faction balance.

But for that kind of system, how unique would you prefer the classes to be from each other?

Allod had somewhat unique classes, but at the core they were still similar classes.

or would you be talking about a more Warhammer Online approach to faction uniqueness in classes?

But even that was some what similar as well. What are your thoughts on this?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design