Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: My Best and Worst of E3 2014

2»

Comments

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    seriously where is "The Division" ???

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    The show was all about Virtual Reality with Morpeous and Occulus Rift. Played both. Makes 3d look like a gimmick. It is all closer than you think. This is the future, not any of what anyone has listed above. Those games will be temporary fill gaps.

There Is Always Hope!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by keithian
    The show was all about Virtual Reality with Morpeous and Occulus Rift. Played both. Makes 3d look like a gimmick. It is all closer than you think. This is the future, not any of what anyone has listed above. Those games will be temporary fill gaps.

They need games though, like imagine Alien Isolation or No Mans Sky supported by these.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

The cost of those things alone will hinder how long it takes them to hit mainstream.  A good 10 years or more before the average gamer can even think of buying one.  So, I'll enjoy my temporary games for the next decade + thanks.

• Originally posted by keithian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt3SC-XkYw8
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Best: Farcry 4 - Looked absolutely awesome. 

Worst: Destiny - Looked absolutely horrible. Nothing original about this game and to me this was just an opportunity to give PS4 players a chance to play a Halo like game. Pretty lame.

• Best :

Destiny

Uncharted 4

Metal Gear Solid V(Manly tears)

No Man's Sky

Bloodborne

Batman Arkham Knight

Rainbow Six

Witcher 3

Zelda

Worst :

Dragon Age 3

Assassins Creed Unity

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by DMKano

Before they become mainstream, one obvious problem needs solving - bulk + weight on top of your head is only good for short gaming sessions. Try wearing occulus for 3 hours... which many MMO gamers do.

DMKano is correct.  I tried the Oculus Rift and was only mildly impressed.  I used to play 2.5 hours a night, and 8 - 10 hours on the weekend.  In neither case could I imagine wearing 379 g (13.4 oz) on my face for that long.

On a side note, I used to be all about 3D in the movies.  Now I don't want anything to do with them.  Those glasses are tolerable at least.

I saw a demo of a surface to space engine last year.  I don't remember if it was the same group as NMS.  This seems like the perfect engine for any Sci-Fi IP.  Any Sci-FI IP would work, but this group just doesn't seem to have any IP here to work with.  I want to start naming IPs and getting mouths watering but it does no good.

I have always been impressed with Destiny.  But the thing that shocked my from the trailer was the VO's statement that Mercury was made into a Garden.  The rest which I assume is non-game play footage, looks great.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

best  ; No Man's Sky

worst ; Destiny